HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Things Parise Thread (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
The All Things Parise Thread (Part II)

02-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Nick0930

He gone.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:16 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

If Parise does bolt, it'll be for several reasons but the most important reason of all IMO is because Lou failed to add the proper players in order for us to have a more balanced team for a legit cup run.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

He's never said anything that indicates that NJ is his 'second-choice' per-se, so I'll believe him. He's given me no reason to think he's lying.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:19 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
You don't know that. It is impossible to know. You think that.
There are so many signs pointing to him bolting the first second he can... JP's interview, the 1-year contract, this most recent interview(complaining about the fans), the interview with Chere, how he compliments the Rangers so often about being a good team, etc. Throw in the Devils' financial issues and Lou "not negotiating" and it becomes painfully obvious that Parise is going to test free-agency. Sure, I guess he "could" re-sign... just the same as Kovy "could have" re-signed with the Thrashers...

Old
02-13-2012, 09:24 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
There are so many signs pointing to him bolting the first second he can... JP's interview, the 1-year contract, this most recent interview(complaining about the fans), the interview with Chere, how he compliments the Rangers so often about being a good team, etc. Throw in the Devils' financial issues and Lou "not negotiating" and it becomes painfully obvious that Parise is going to test free-agency. Sure, I guess he "could" re-sign... just the same as Kovy "could have" re-signed with the Thrashers...
Got to agree with this post.

Lou's method's are old school and are a thing of the past for today's game. For all the good he's given this franchise, the business side of things have changed and players don't have the same loyalty they had in the past. Now a days, it's more about "me" then "the team" and free agency is the only way to get above market value.

i'm certain Parise will test every single options out there and knowing our boss won't overpay even if his own mother was held hostage, all signs point to Parise playing elsewhere at the start of the 2012-13 season.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
There's no point in arguing, people are going to believe whatever they wish to believe.

In my personal opinion I think Zach would like to stay but the team won't be able to afford him so he'll ultimately end up leaving.

But anyone speaking in absolutes on this topic is not just being asinine, it's borderline condescending as well. None of you know Zach Parise personally, AND Lou Lamoriello personally, AND Wade Arnott personally, AND Jeff Vanderbeek personally, AND Ray Chambers personally.

Speculation is one thing but everyone in this situation, including the fans, has their own agenda.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:31 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Got to agree with this post.

Lou's method's are old school and are a thing of the past for today's game. For all the good he's given this franchise, the business side of things have changed and players don't have the same loyalty they had in the past. Now a days, it's more about "me" then "the team" and free agency is the only way to get above market value.
Players have said over and over that they respect the way Lou works. Do I think he needs to lighten up on his twitter ban? Yes, but that's not something that's going to make or break a contract. I do agree that the players don't have the same loyalty they had in the past, though.

Personally, I think that Parise has told Lou that he wants to test free agency, and Lou isn't negotiating because he has such respect for his players.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
The 29th Pick
By By Bernier

As a first time UFA, Zach is in a position to set himself up for life (financially), he has agents that will get him a "fat" contract, I'm sure they are telling him to say things that will make any GM (including Lou) know he isnt a lock to sign. He (Zach) and his agents will be playing a little hardball with whoever is interested in signing him...it's part of the business. Even if NJ is his first choice, he's not gonna come out and say "I'm signing here for whatever they offer me, cause I like it here"

Old
02-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
For the longest time I thought Parise wanted to stay and was sincere, but the more this drags on and I see certain comments by him I think he wants out.

I think he would be willing to stay if we are willing to pay through our noses, I think he would be willing to give teams like the Pens and Wings the "hometown discount" but not his home team.

Maybe I am being overly pessimistic but I am starting to get the same old feeling before #27 skipped town, just can't help it.

And I think the reason Lou has done nothing is he wants to see what the market is for Parise and hope he's not in great demand and thus get him for a reasonable price.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
He's never said anything that indicates that NJ is his 'second-choice' per-se, so I'll believe him. He's given me no reason to think he's lying.
I tend to side with this view, but I am sceptical of anything anybody says. I'd like to believe him, but there are some warning signs. Hopefully it gets worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
In the Minnesota interview, he said he likes playing in NJ. In Chere's article, he said the same thing but also that money was important to him. JP's interview said he likes playing for DeBoer, and he was upset with the direction of the team last year when they sucked, but this year they're better.

Nobody knows why Lou isn't negotiating, but the fact that Parise says he's open to negotiating at any time tells me that the hold up is on Lou's end. It's not like Parise is unwilling to listen.

These bits of evidence put together show me a player who likes it in NJ, but wants to win above all else. He does believe that the Devils can win someday soon, and he knows it's his team to lead if he wants it. He also knows that Lou takes care of loyal players, and he wants to be that guy if the money is right. So I think that if the money is here for him, he can be convinced to stay. Whether the money will be right, I don't know.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
And I think the reason Lou has done nothing is he wants to see what the market is for Parise and hope he's not in great demand and thus get him for a reasonable price.
29 other teams will make room for Zach if he chooses to play elsewhere.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I've already resigned myself to the fact that hes leaving

just like I did with Kovalchuk. that way, I'm not disappointed (or not nearly as much, at least)

Old
02-13-2012, 09:46 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
For the longest time I thought Parise wanted to stay and was sincere, but the more this drags on and I see certain comments by him I think he wants out.

I think he would be willing to stay if we are willing to pay through our noses, I think he would be willing to give teams like the Pens and Wings the "hometown discount" but not his home team.

Maybe I am being overly pessimistic but I am starting to get the same old feeling before #27 skipped town, just can't help it.

This would be the most absurd thing to do. He and Suter are the top UFA's and will be sought after accordingly.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

It seems to me like every few interviews, he lets a negative comment slip through the cracks of the "company lines." Usually followed by a few "I love playing in NJ, the fans are great, etc." These are far more telling than the rehearsed BS. Taking what he says at face value is sticking your head in the sand, IMO.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
This would be the most absurd thing to do. He and Suter are the top UFA's and will be sought after accordingly.
Agreed, but unless it's lack of cash to frontload a contract, why not talk now? Lou has done it before for Marty and Stevens and Parise is just as important to this franchise as them.

Either way you dice it it's extremely frustrating as a fan.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Ya, I don't think this is the holdup. It's either Lou's rule at work here, which would be a mistake, or the financial issues are hamstringing Lou, which he can't help but won't admit.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:55 AM
The 29th Pick
By By Bernier

Quote:

Maybe Lou thinks this team needs a top D-man more than a top forward, and since top D-men are harder to get, he'll try to grab Suter this off season, and he can get a top forward via a trade or signing / drafting one next year.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Goose Huckabee

Quote:

My "educated guess" exactly. I just have the feeling he's doodling pictures of Crosby in his diary.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:00 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

I can't wait until this saga is over, frankly.

We've been fortunate to have a player of Zach's caliber under a cap-friendly deal for years. The fact that the team never really advanced to that 'next level' under those years is unfortunate. Now we have an uncertain future where we either sign him to a considerably less friendly deal or we cope with his departure as we have with many others before.

Whether he is a Devil next year or not is well out of our hands. It will all be settled some 6 months from now, leaving only the balance of this season to focus upon.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:01 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I'll take the top ufa rental at the deadline for absolutely nothing anyday.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARGSY View Post
Maybe Lou thinks this team needs a top D-man more than a top forward, and since top D-men are harder to get, he'll try to grab Suter this off season, and he can get a top forward via a trade or signing / drafting one next year.
I think this is a pipe dream. If Parise doesn't re-sign, it means we didn't have the money to convince him to stay, and it then follows that we probably don't have the money to win a bidding war for Suter.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Just think of the more abundant and cheaper toys Lou will buy us when we let Zach walk.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I think this is a pipe dream. If Parise doesn't re-sign, it means we didn't have the money to convince him to stay, and it then follows that we probably don't have the money to win a bidding war for Suter.
Yep, it's all about da monay, it's all about da monay. Has nothing to do with the fact that he wants to be on a real contender, tired of being restricted on and off the ice, wants to play in a better fan environment, etc. He won't re-sign solely because of financial issues. Right.

If they make it in and somehow go on a deep run the chances are higher that he stays.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv4Life View Post
Yep, it's all about da monay, it's all about da monay. Has nothing to do with the fact that he wants to be on a real contender, tired of being restricted on and off the ice, wants to play in a better fan environment, etc. He won't re-sign solely because of financial issues. Right.

If they make it in and somehow go on a deep run the chances are higher that he stays.
The money has a lot to do with it. Parise knows that this team is headed in the right direction.

But I agree. A deep playoff run can only help us keep him, both because he'll be more convinced of the chance to win, and because Lou will be more convinced that Parise can lead the team to that level.

Closed Thread