HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you give Randy Cunneyworth a chance next year?

View Poll Results: Would you give Randy Cunneyworth a chance next year?
Yes i like the way the habs are heading 82 52.23%
No i want to try a new coach 75 47.77%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2012, 10:53 AM
  #1
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Would you give Randy Cunneyworth a chance next year?

I'm really beginning to like what i see of Cunneyworth, it seems the last 6 games he was able to put his game plan in motion. Yeah darche is playing a lot more than he should but damn he is looking good out there doing the little things. I think the direction told Cunneyworth in the last week that he had "Carte Blanche" to do whatever he please with the team.

He is looking more an more comfortable behind the bench. The team is often outhitting the opponent, the forecheck has never been so effective in just about i don't know how long.

I gotta give my hat to randy he manage to Change the nature of the team in 2 months of work and i think everyone is liking the way the team is going.

He reminds me a bit of Dan Bylsma when he arrived in the league, the first 3 weeks were very rough Dan couldn't buy a single win but when he was able to put his system the pens started winning.

I think Cunneyworth has a future in this league.

The direction needs a changing not the coaching IMO.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
  #2
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Absolutely. He took over a team that was already in disarray. He did the best he could with the ingredients he had. He's slowly moving us towards a more offensive minded team, but I don't think he's forgetting to preach the defensive minded basics that our core strategy is based on. Our highest goal scoring production this year has occurred during games he coached.

Our PP is slowly (very slowly) getting better, and the PK system he instilled under JM is still dominating. Our 5 on 5 play is better than it ever has, we are allowing less shots and goals per game than last year, and we are playing with a good amount of rookies and youngsters.

I would like to see what he could do from the start of the year, with a (semi) healthy roster.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:58 AM
  #3
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I'm really beginning to like what i see of Cunneyworth, it seems the last 6 games he was able to put his game plan in motion. Yeah darche is playing a lot more than he should but damn he is looking good out there doing the little things. I think the direction told Cunneyworth in the last week that he had "Carte Blanche" to do whatever he please with the team.

He is looking more an more comfortable behind the bench. The team is often outhitting the opponent, the forecheck has never been so effective in just about i don't know how long.

I gotta give my hat to randy he manage to Change the nature of the team in 2 months of work and i think everyone is liking the way the team is going.

He reminds me a bit of Dan Bylsma when he arrived in the league, the first 3 weeks were very rough Dan couldn't buy a single win but when he was able to put his system the pens started winning.

I think Cunneyworth has a future in this league.

The direction needs a changing not the coaching IMO.
ask this question after 4 games losing streak and the answers would be inversed

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
  #4
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
I think if PG is gone, he is most likely gone as well. JM wasn't hired by Gauthier, and RC seems Gauthier guy. But at the same time I think PG might be forced into hiring a French coach by ownership. But if a new GM is hired, RC is as good as gone. No way a new GM doesn't hire a French coach.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
  #5
Natedawg
Lars Eller
 
Natedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Definitely.

They owe it to him for how he has been treated through this circus of a season.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:01 AM
  #6
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,566
vCash: 500
Depends on who the new gm will be. I say a new gm should be able to hire whomever he wants to. Also, depends on who becomes available this off season.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:01 AM
  #7
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Absolutely. He took over a team that was already in disarray. He did the best he could with the ingredients he had. He's slowly moving us towards a more offensive minded team, but I don't think he's forgetting to preach the defensive minded basics that our core strategy is based on. Our highest goal scoring production this year has occurred during games he coached.

Our PP is slowly (very slowly) getting better, and the PK system he instilled under JM is still dominating. Our 5 on 5 play is better than it ever has, we are allowing less shots and goals per game than last year, and we are playing with a good amount of rookies and youngsters.

I would like to see what he could do from the start of the year, with a (semi) healthy roster.
RC has been in charge of the PP since the beginning of the year. He was not in charge of the PK.
Four games win streak and people jump through loops. Funny thing is that if Martin was the coach, people would say PK and Price are saving his ass. Under RC, he's turning the team around. :


I have no interest in seeing RC back here next season.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
  #8
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
ask this question after 4 games losing streak and the answers would be inversed
That might be true but Randy Deserves a lot of Credit for this 4 game winning streak he was able to put his system in place and the players are sticking to it. Playing Gill Gomez Kaberle less than 15 minutes is not a idea that grew on trees it was Randy's idea.

The players are playing a lot better but i think they understand the way Randy wants the game to be played and i think it's a lot more entertaining than the way Martin played.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
  #9
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
Definitely.

They owe it to him for how he has been treated through this circus of a season.
This.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:06 AM
  #10
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
If Gauthier remains, yes. If there is a new GM, it should be his call.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:08 AM
  #11
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
This is all I can say about that:



I hope day Cunney will be a good and successful coach, I doubt that will happen in Montreal. Maybe if we make the playoffs he could stay but otherwise, in friggin' July, there would be pages of editorials on why he shouldn't.

Why do we "owe him" anything though? He's getting paid and gaining experience, I don't think we "owe him."

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
  #12
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
That might be true but Randy Deserves a lot of Credit for this 4 game winning streak he was able to put his system in place and the players are sticking to it. Playing Gill Gomez Kaberle less than 15 minutes is not a idea that grew on trees it was Randy's idea.

The players are playing a lot better but i think they understand the way Randy wants the game to be played and i think it's a lot more entertaining than the way Martin played.
I personnaly think he is a good coach and could fit in montreal

I doubt he is a major upgrade over JM. But the home record is way better than JM

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
  #13
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,846
vCash: 500
If we continue to improve as the season progresses? Absolutely.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
  #14
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Win or lose I think the Habs already made their plans to replace him and have a french speaking coach there. Is it right no, but it's the Habs and Molson's fault for not backing him up when it was time to

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
  #15
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,379
vCash: 500
A question to be asked at the end of the year. Right now, everybody would, we won 4 in a row. Before, nobody wanted we kept losing.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
  #16
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Yeah i agree about the fact that if Gauthier is Gone Cunneyworth would likely be gone too. That would be a shame IMO since he is getting more and more confident.

There is still a slim hope of making the playoffs and if Cunneyworth would succeed in making them he should be a keeper for sure.

He has a future in the nhl if not with the habs with another team.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:56 AM
  #17
Hullois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Last I heard, he still doesn't speak French. So no.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  #18
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Last I heard, he still doesn't speak French. So no.
And that is EVER so important.

Can he work with the players to produce results. That is the only criteria that ****ing matters!

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:04 PM
  #19
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
And that is EVER so important.

Can he work with the players to produce results. That is the only criteria that ****ing matters!
Considering what Molson and Gauthier said after the media circus, he has to learn to speak french properly during the summer or he is out. If the Habs miss the playoffs, he is out anyway IMO.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:05 PM
  #20
Hullois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
And that is EVER so important.

Can he work with the players to produce results. That is the only criteria that ****ing matters!
I doubt we have to go through the whole argument again, its been repeated many times at the time of JMs firing. You can't ignore the "coach has to be a francophone" reality.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:05 PM
  #21
EmelinHipCheck
Registered User
 
EmelinHipCheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Mixed feelings tbh. Yes he's had a lot to deal with, yes he was put in a tough spot, but you have to blame the coach for the team's failure if you want to credit him it's success. In his first month he made a lot of mistakes. Mistakes a coach in a market like ours can not afford to make. Please, bare with me on this one. Cunneyworth is a very decent guy, and he no doubt earned the respect of every single person in that locker room. He might become a good coach in a couple of years, but until then he's in a learning process. That ''Until then'' means, wether we like it or not, a failing team. Our fanbas is growing more and more impatient, and management cannot afford another losing year, they will be desperate to win ( even though the odds are we most probably won't). So no i will not be willing to give him a chance due to these circumstances, but i wish him the best of luck, he certainly deserves a lot better, this organization did not treat him with the level of class he has.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:13 PM
  #22
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,879
vCash: 1707
yes, but that's probably because i like mediocrity

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:13 PM
  #23
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,493
vCash: 500
I'm willing to see what the next 26 games brings, anyway. I wouldn't make the language factor the deciding one, not if he can pull off the minor miracle needed to put us in the playoffs.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:16 PM
  #24
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
If he's making the playoffs. Yes !

He's gonna have the whole summer to learn basic French. Should not be a problem.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:16 PM
  #25
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I'm willing to see what the next 26 games brings, anyway. I wouldn't make the language factor the deciding one, not if he can pull off the minor miracle needed to put us in the playoffs.
Again, with Molson and Gauthier comments, he has to learn to speak french during the summer or he's out. The fact that speaking french is a criteria didn't came from my mouth, it came from them. Even if Gauthier is fired, Molson took a commitment torwards the fans and he has no choice but to respect it. after the season

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.