HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Need help from sweden

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2004, 06:05 PM
  #1
kaophonic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bordeaux
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Need help from sweden

Hello there !

I'm Franck, a hockey fan from france.
I plan to spend a week-end in sweden, to visit Stockholm a little, and to see a MoDo game. I need some help to organize the trip, is it simple to go from stockholm to Örnsköldviks, is it possible to buy tickets in advance...and some others questions.

If someone can help me, it will be very nice...

Let me a private message, if you want to.

Thnak you, Franck.

kaophonic is offline  
Old
10-27-2004, 09:00 AM
  #2
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
The next time Forsberg & Co plays in Stockholm will be 6/12, that´s on a Monday though. But I wouldn´t recommend travelling up to Örnsköldsvik for just one hockey game, enjoy Stockholm and watch great hockey in the Globe Arena. There are other great teams in Sweden besides MoDo and I believe all the tickets in Kempehallen are sold out anyway...

The schedule for games in Stockholm

Kronblom is offline  
Old
10-27-2004, 10:42 AM
  #3
Tampa GM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
You can still get tickets for all MODO homegames but contacting www.gosporttravel.com

Örnsköldsvik is just 45-55 minutes away from Stockholm by flight.

Tampa GM is offline  
Old
10-28-2004, 08:31 AM
  #4
Petey21
Registered User
 
Petey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
You can also use this site to check out if tickets are available (and even buy them online).

http://www1.ticnet.se/Start?changeLocaleTo=en_GB

Petey21 is offline  
Old
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
  #5
WinnipegJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Canadian also in need of help

Hello all;

I'm travelling from Canada and will be in Stockholm next week. I see the Djurgardens play next Thursday (04/11). Is it hard to get tickets to see that team? Should I wait until arrive on Tuesday (02/11)?

Any other advice on watching Swedish hockey would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris in Toronto, Canada

WinnipegJet is offline  
Old
10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
  #6
Riddarn
1980-2011
 
Riddarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegJet
Hello all;

I'm travelling from Canada and will be in Stockholm next week. I see the Djurgardens play next Thursday (04/11). Is it hard to get tickets to see that team? Should I wait until arrive on Tuesday (02/11)?

Any other advice on watching Swedish hockey would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris in Toronto, Canada
Theres no problem getting tickets for the Djurgården games. They usually never draw more than 7500 and the Globen arena takes in 13850.

Riddarn is offline  
Old
10-28-2004, 12:37 PM
  #7
WinnipegJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
Theres no problem getting tickets for the Djurgården games. They usually never draw more than 7500 and the Globen arena takes in 13850.

Thank you.

Are there any places fans usually go before/after the games that I should check out? I'm going to try and have the ultimate Swedish hockey experience?

WinnipegJet is offline  
Old
10-29-2004, 02:45 PM
  #8
WinnipegJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Last request for help

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice so far.

I've added a second game to my trip, next Tuesday night in Södertälje (against HV71). If anyone knows, can you please suggest how I can best get from Stockholm to the arena in Södertälje in the same day.

Thanks in advance from the Swedish Elite League's newest fan.

WinnipegJet is offline  
Old
10-30-2004, 07:32 AM
  #9
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegJet
Thank you to everyone who has offered advice so far.

I've added a second game to my trip, next Tuesday night in Södertälje (against HV71). If anyone knows, can you please suggest how I can best get from Stockholm to the arena in Södertälje in the same day.

Thanks in advance from the Swedish Elite League's newest fan.
Use this site from Stockholm Transport (SL).
http://www.sl.se/english/

From Stockholms central to Södertälje centrum
Take the Commuter train from Stockholms central towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Stockholms central 17:12.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 17:54.

Take the Commuter train from Stockholms central towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Stockholms central 17:27.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 18:09.

Take the Commuter train from Stockholms central towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Stockholms central 17:42.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 18:24.

From Södertälje centrum to Geneta (Scaniarinken)
Take bus 760 from Södertälje centrum towards Geneta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 18:02.
You arrive at Scaniarinken 18:17.

Take bus 754 from Södertälje centrum towards Geneta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 18:17.
You arrive at Scaniarinken 18:39.

Take bus 760 from Södertälje centrum towards Geneta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 18:32.
You arrive at Scaniarinken 18:47.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From Geneta (Scaniarinken) to Södertälje centrum
Take bus 760 from Scaniarinken towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Scaniarinken 21:15.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 21:28.

Take bus 760 from Scaniarinken towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Scaniarinken 21:45.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 21:58.


From Södertälje centrum to Stockholms central
Take the Commuter train from Södertälje centrum towards Märsta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 21:33.
You arrive at Stockholms central 22:18.

Take the Commuter train from Södertälje centrum towards Märsta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 22:03.
You arrive at Stockholms central 22:48.



I suggest you buy a travel card!

Kronblom is offline  
Old
10-30-2004, 10:38 PM
  #10
WinnipegJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
Use this site from Stockholm Transport (SL).
http://www.sl.se/english/

From Stockholms central to Södertälje centrum
Take the Commuter train from Stockholms central towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Stockholms central 17:12.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 17:54.

Take the Commuter train from Stockholms central towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Stockholms central 17:27.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 18:09.

Take the Commuter train from Stockholms central towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Stockholms central 17:42.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 18:24.

From Södertälje centrum to Geneta (Scaniarinken)
Take bus 760 from Södertälje centrum towards Geneta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 18:02.
You arrive at Scaniarinken 18:17.

Take bus 754 from Södertälje centrum towards Geneta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 18:17.
You arrive at Scaniarinken 18:39.

Take bus 760 from Södertälje centrum towards Geneta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 18:32.
You arrive at Scaniarinken 18:47.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From Geneta (Scaniarinken) to Södertälje centrum
Take bus 760 from Scaniarinken towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Scaniarinken 21:15.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 21:28.

Take bus 760 from Scaniarinken towards Södertälje centrum.
It departs from Scaniarinken 21:45.
You arrive at Södertälje centrum 21:58.


From Södertälje centrum to Stockholms central
Take the Commuter train from Södertälje centrum towards Märsta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 21:33.
You arrive at Stockholms central 22:18.

Take the Commuter train from Södertälje centrum towards Märsta.
It departs from Södertälje centrum 22:03.
You arrive at Stockholms central 22:48.



I suggest you buy a travel card!




That is so nice of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Cheers,
Chris --> who arrives in Sweden for the first time ever on Tuesday!

WinnipegJet is offline  
Old
10-31-2004, 02:29 AM
  #11
Swedelicious
Registered User
 
Swedelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the whip of Sisyfos
Country:
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Hmm... Is it really safe to travel from Södertälje to Stockholm late at the night nowadays?

Swedelicious is offline  
Old
10-31-2004, 03:35 AM
  #12
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgullah
Hmm... Is it really safe to travel from Södertälje to Stockholm late at the night nowadays?
Absolutely no problem on a Tuesday night or any other night...

Kronblom is offline  
Old
11-05-2004, 08:47 PM
  #13
occa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Congrats, you picked the 2 most boring places to watch hockey at in this country. Go to Gothenburg instead.

occa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.