HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

vCash: 500
Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part VII

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1096335

02-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
You seem to be arguing that Ovechkin isn't the player that he was. And it seems like you think it's a permanent state. Forgive me if I'm reading you wrong.

I think his problems are mental. He is not playing or preparing like he gives a ****. While that is unacceptable, my take away is that he knows that he can play like superman. But even if he does, it can't make up for scrubs like Morrisonn, Fleischmann, and Schultz from ruining it in the postseason. So why try?

This is our disconnect. I think he'll wake up once he has a realistic shot. Until then, he'll coast. Maybe I'm wrong, but we're not going to agree that Ovechkin is done.
I don't think the state of Ovechkin's game is a permanent one. I do feel that is the case until he decides he is going put in the effort to improve and get himself back to being one of if not the best player in the league though.

The idea that he has made the conscious decision to half ass it because he doesn't feel the rest of the team is good enough is friggin' ridiculous though.

The fact that it is easier for you to believe, and apparently approve of, that than that he has simply rested on his laurels and not worked to improve his game says all there is that needs to be said though.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:54 AM
txpd

if its acceptable that ov coast be cause he doesnt believe in his team or his bosses, makes me wonder if he also fully approved of jagr quiting on the caps. he admitted doing it. so, he admitted to actually what he is claiming that 8 is doing.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
if its acceptable that ov coast be cause he doesnt believe in his team or his bosses, makes me wonder if he also fully approved of jagr quiting on the caps. he admitted doing it. so, he admitted to actually what he is claiming that 8 is doing.
Are you trolling? What adjective did I use to describe Ovechkin's lack of effort?

Old
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
toporov

Ovechkin coast because that's what BB and now Hunter asks him to do. Either that, or both BB and Hunter are Ovechkin's little *****es. This is not NBA, no self-respecting coach would allow his player to just blatantly avoid board battles without saying a word.
It's obvious that Hunter specifically asking Ovechkin to just play his limited role.
Ovechkin like Kovalchuk, Malkin, Iginla, Nash can not play this kind off schematic, primitive hockey, he should be all over the ice.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
tmljeh19

Teddy already playing the injuries card

Per Whyno twitter:

"Wish us a speedy recovery to some of our players - and hope we can add some jump via the trade markets during the new few weeks."

Old
02-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post

Per Whyno twitter:

"Wish us a speedy recovery to some of our players - and hope we can add some jump via the trade markets during the new few weeks."
Would say it's a legitimate card. Just like it was legitimate for the Penguins last year.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post

Per Whyno twitter:

Wishing that our players get healthier.... is playing the injuries card?

Old
02-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Langway
Intangibles

I think the second part of that statement is a little more significant.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:32 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Yeah - what caps fan doesn't have his fingers crossed on Green and Nick.

I can't explain it fully, but many felt Bruce's system to be successful was very dependent on Green. While I may argue that it was more his unwavering dependence on Green, injured or not, there is certainly some truth to it.

That said, it sure would be nice for George to see how hard the horses pull with Green at full health. I just don't think there will be time for George to see for himself.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:39 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Wishing that our players get healthier.... is playing the injuries card?
I wish I could hear/see someone just sack up and quit side stepping this whole problem. I wish we could hear something along the lines of: "Its tough losing a Backstrom or a Green for a period of time but there a lot of talent on this team still and its time for this team to step up and show something. All teams deal with injuries."

Old
02-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Not really, he's insinuated trades before.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:55 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

A little smoke from Boston:

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...2&feedID=10428

What would be a fair return for one? Both?

Old
02-13-2012, 02:04 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
A 3rd and 4th?

I mean really. The value for each is fairly damn low at this point.

Its a shame what they are doing to Knuble this season.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:07 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
A 3rd and 4th?

I mean really. The value for each is fairly damn low at this point.

Its a shame what they are doing to Knuble this season.
Are you sure they've done it to him? Maybe, I really don't know. But isn't it possible he's just not playing well? It's not like that's an anomaly on this team.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
A little smoke from Boston:

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...2&feedID=10428

Steven Kampfer and Jared Knight

Bruins got defenseman Kampfer from the Ducks for a conditional 4th round pick 2 years ago. He's 23 y/o 5'11" and played 38 games for the Bruins last season but was injured for the SC PO. He was just sent down to Providence the other day.

Jared Knight, Bruins 2nd round draft choice, RW who Dale Hunter knows well as he plays for the London Knights. Some compare him to Marchand but faster. Not afraid to go in to the corners.

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 02-13-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old
02-13-2012, 02:11 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Are you sure they've done it to him? Maybe, I really don't know. But isn't it possible he's just not playing well? It's not like that's an anomaly on this team.
His effort level is and always has been more than at least half this team. Does he still have a top line role at his age? Maybe not...but sticking him on 4th lines all season has not helped him or his numbers this season.

If another team picks him up...a contending team...and give him a proper role...he'll be just fine. Here? Its just a cluster**** of lines and roles that don't make much sense anymore. Is he to blame for some of his performance? Sure. He's an old *******. But the bottom six is just a mess of crap put together at this point.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:15 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Given Dale's personnel choices, it seems like it's completely the opposite of what everyone who wanted him here thought it would be. All fluff, no grit. You'd have thought Knuble would've been one of his favorites.

I can't really identify anything Hunter's tried that's been consistently effective, home and away.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Given Dale's personnel choices, it seems like it's completely the opposite of what everyone who wanted him here thought it would be. All fluff, no grit. You'd have thought Knuble would've been one of his favorites.

I can't really identify anything Hunter's tried that's been consistently effective, home and away.
I been trying not to pile on the guy since I was a obviously a Boudreau fan...but its really true.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
His effort level is and always has been more than at least half this team. Does he still have a top line role at his age? Maybe not...but sticking him on 4th lines all season has not helped him or his numbers this season.

If another team picks him up...a contending team...and give him a proper role...he'll be just fine. Here? Its just a cluster**** of lines and roles that don't make much sense anymore. Is he to blame for some of his performance? Sure. He's an old *******. But the bottom six is just a mess of crap put together at this point.
I do agree about his effort, but his results have to matter too. Funny, I think our bottom six makes much more sense than our top six these days. Guess that means the whole thing is a mess o' crap.

Meh.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:21 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Yup. It seems that Dale the coach doesn't really preach any of the things Dale the player practiced.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:26 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post

knuble is as strong in the corner as ever. his forecheck has been quality. his pk has been very goodl. frankly though, he is too slow to check man to man too.

that said, this was an organEYEzational decision made maybe in training camp because bruce didnt seem to have any use for him either. i just dont get it.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Did anyone actually want Hunter here? His sole qualification was that he played for the Caps. The best thing to come out of the hire is Johnson. And that's just ****ing sad.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Did anyone actually want Hunter here? His sole qualification was that he played for the Caps. The best thing to come out of the hire is Johnson. And that's just ****ing sad.
I know Randy did. But aside from that...slim pickings.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:31 PM
txpd

Quote:
I been trying not to pile on the guy since I was a obviously a Boudreau fan...but its really true.
i was obviously a big bruce fan but if he was going i loved the idea of hunter. i didnt expect that hunter was a play it safe trap coach. i am confused. i dont get scratching knuble for aucoin of all people. thats a real shot at a player's foundation.
i dont get forcefeeding orlov with carlson still struggling either.

Closed Thread