HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/13 Stalock to Worcester; Wingels off IR

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2012, 01:42 PM
  #1
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,594
vCash: 500
2/13 Stalock to Worcester; Wingels off IR

SanJoseSharks 11:22am via Web Roster Moves: Forward Tommy Wingels has been activated off the IR. Alex Stalock has been reassigned to Worcester from Stockton.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:40 PM
  #2
StalockSuperfan
Registered User
 
StalockSuperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,680
vCash: 500
Sooooooo, 4 goalies in Worcester?

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:49 PM
  #3
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Sooooooo, 4 goalies in Worcester?
Three...Stalock, Sexsmith, and Sateri

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
  #4
AbsolonMoreau*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Three...Stalock, Sexsmith, and Sateri
Nitty?

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
  #5
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Nitty?
Assigned to AHL Syracuse last week.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:18 PM
  #6
AbsolonMoreau*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Assigned to AHL Syracuse last week.
How does that work? They just picked him up? Do the Sharks still have his salary?

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:19 PM
  #7
BPark162
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I actually feel bad for Nitty now. He is a serviceable NHL goaltender and has been lost in the AHL due to a series of unfortunate circumstances. Hopefully someone signs him after his SJ contract is up. I know the Sharks don't need him, but he got a raw deal with us from the very start since we signed Niemi. That's nothing you all don't already know however.

Back on topic: Can't wait to see how Stalock performs in WOR after a terrific stint in Stockton.


Last edited by BPark162: 02-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.
BPark162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
  #8
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,527
vCash: 500
Trade deadline - one of the Wor goalies is getting traded in a package.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:34 PM
  #9
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
How does that work? They just picked him up? Do the Sharks still have his salary?
Check out the Niitty thread -- details and articles there.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:41 PM
  #10
WoostahShaahks
Registered User
 
WoostahShaahks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 695
vCash: 500

WoostahShaahks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:54 PM
  #11
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
How does that work? They just picked him up? Do the Sharks still have his salary?
It's something like this: the Sharks went to the Ducks and said "you could use a goalie for your AHL team and we have one that needs a place to play. What about it?". The Ducks obviously said OK.

He's still San Jose property, San Jose is still paying his salary (I don't believe Wayne Thomas for one second when he says the Ducks are paying some. There ain't a chance in hell that's happening) although because he's in the minors there is no cap hit. He can't play for Worcester again this season unless his NHL rights are traded.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:22 PM
  #12
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug
 
LeeIFBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tanning Bed
Posts: 1,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
It's something like this: the Sharks went to the Ducks and said "you could use a goalie for your AHL team and we have one that needs a place to play. What about it?". The Ducks obviously said OK.

He's still San Jose property, San Jose is still paying his salary (I don't believe Wayne Thomas for one second when he says the Ducks are paying some. There ain't a chance in hell that's happening) although because he's in the minors there is no cap hit. He can't play for Worcester again this season unless his NHL rights are traded.
Ducks are picking up the tab for his Big Mac and OE40 for the bus rides.

LeeIFBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:29 PM
  #13
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIFBB View Post
Ducks are picking up the tab for his Big Mac and OE40 for the bus rides.
Which aren't part of his salary...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:49 PM
  #14
couturefan39
Registered User
 
couturefan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
you would think a trade involving one of the woostah goalies in a package deal for a 3rd line winger

couturefan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:50 PM
  #15
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couturefan39 View Post
you would think a trade involving one of the woostah goalies in a package deal for a 3rd line winger
They would essentially be a throw in--none of the three has any significant value.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:54 PM
  #16
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
They would essentially be a throw in--none of the three has any significant value.
Unless you're an organization like Columbus that doesn't have a lot of depth and can use a goalie upgrade (at least at the AHL, and possibly a potential NHL backup).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
  #17
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Unless you're an organization like Columbus that doesn't have a lot of depth and can use a goalie upgrade (at least at the AHL, and possibly a potential NHL backup).
None of the three is an NHL back-up right now, and in the AHL Columbus has Manny Legace...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:12 PM
  #18
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,594
vCash: 500
FTR, press release from Stockton on Stalock's recall indicated that Roy and Heemskerk are their goalies (going forward).

I take it that he's been "activated off IR"

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:10 AM
  #19
drunksage
Moderator
#88: The Savior.
 
drunksage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Henderson, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 12,508
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
FTR, press release from Stockton on Stalock's recall indicated that Roy and Heemskerk are their goalies (going forward).

I take it that he's been "activated off IR"
Baby Sharks have Roy in goal?

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:20 AM
  #20
AbsolonMoreau*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
Baby Sharks have Roy in goal?
It is Stockton that does

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:36 AM
  #21
param
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 50
All three goalies may become NHL fixtures one day, but at the moment why would any team bother giving back a good return for them? Or consider them to be key bargaining chips?

Sexsmith: Hasn't shown any real prominence in the minors until this season.

Stalock: Coming off a season long injury.

Sateri: Hasn't put up stellar numbers in the AHL, and statistically his last season in Europe wasn't a head turner.

Unless if a team has been scouting these three goalies in detail, their stocks won't fetch the Sharks a whole lot. As for the, "lets throw them in to sweeten the pot", I'd imagine their value would be similar to that of Timo Pielmeier when he was traded along with Nick Bonino & a conditional pick for Travis Moen & Kent Huskins back in 2009.

param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:36 AM
  #22
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
Baby Sharks have Roy in goal?
Sharks split Stockton with Edmonton...."Roy" is Olivier Roy, who has legitimate NHL potential.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:38 AM
  #23
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
All three goalies may become NHL fixtures one day, but at the moment why would any team bother giving back a good return for them? Or consider them to be key bargaining chips?

Sexsmith: Hasn't shown any real prominence in the minors until this season.

Stalock: Coming off a season long injury.

Sateri: Hasn't put up stellar numbers in the AHL, and statistically his last season in Europe wasn't a head turner.

Unless if a team has been scouting these three goalies in detail, their stocks won't fetch the Sharks a whole lot. As for the, "lets throw them in to sweeten the pot", I'd imagine their value would be similar to that of Timo Pielmeier when he was traded along with Nick Bonino & a conditional pick for Travis Moen & Kent Huskins back in 2009.
Sexsmith has been injured every pro seaosn until this one...I think the Sexsmith we're seeing now is the one he really is supposed to be.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:30 AM
  #24
oyster
Registered User
 
oyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
What should we expect to happen in Worcester? With 3 goalies with no real trade value do they try and move Greiss and use an AHL goalie as a backup, keep all three for the season, or loan someone to another team (Sateri back to Europe maybe)? Quite a log jam we've got here.

oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:53 AM
  #25
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster View Post
What should we expect to happen in Worcester? With 3 goalies with no real trade value do they try and move Greiss and use an AHL goalie as a backup, keep all three for the season, or loan someone to another team (Sateri back to Europe maybe)? Quite a log jam we've got here.
There's very little chance that DW will move Greiss...the contract he was signed to was written with the intent of him being the #2 in San Jose next season.

My guess (and this is purely a guess) is that Sexsmith and Sateri are going to rotate back and forth from the ECHL (it will not be in Stockton, it will likely be a team here in the east that won't mind a rotation of top tier goaltenders) with Stalock being the #1 here and getting about 2/3rds the playing time.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.