HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins recall foward Josh Hennessy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2012, 05:46 PM
  #1
RaybCamn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
Bruins recall foward Josh Hennessy

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BOS|home


Me thinks something is happening

I think they are carrying too many players now

RaybCamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
  #2
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
yeah, it's called a road trip. julien likes having an extra forward and Dman around.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
  #3
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,618
vCash: 500
More likely that they need extras for the six game trip we're about to take, and they aren't satisfied with Caron/Hamill/Kampfer. However, I do think we'll see a trade soon.

Rubber Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:07 PM
  #4
RaybCamn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
Yes it is called a road trip but in the last few years I cannot ever remembering CJ having the max 23 players

RaybCamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
  #5
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
27 years old, 1 point in 20 career games with Ottawa

looks on paper to be quite similar to Hamill, older and a little bigger but not a physical player

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:13 PM
  #6
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,163
vCash: 500
Guy is a career AHLer I would have preferred to see Camper get a chance.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:16 PM
  #7
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad
 
Boston BROin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
The nameplates! Check them!

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:30 PM
  #8
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015
 
VanIsle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Comox Valley, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,515
vCash: 500
Welcome to Boston Ray Whitney???

Something is up and I want to know what it is???

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:30 PM
  #9
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
27 years old, 1 point in 20 career games with Ottawa

looks on paper to be quite similar to Hamill, older and a little bigger but not a physical player
Something people need to remember, (and this is in no way directed at you, your knowledge of the bruins or the way you evaluate players, your post just made me think about it) Brad Marchand had about the same production in his first 20 games (in fact it might be the exact same) and no one expected him to do much of anything heading into the year we won the cup. It took David Krejci I think 20 something games to score his first goal (please correct me anyone that knows the exact number, point is it took awhile) Tyler Seguin who has elite talent only scored 22 points last year. A lot of what goes into production on the ice is mental. Confidence and thinking the game the right way. So what I'm trying to say is, have patience with some of these guys in Providence, most NHL players don't become regulars until their mid and even late 20's. I'm not banking on any of them, that's why trades happen, but even a kid like Zach Hamill could wind up a very productive member of some team down the road.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:33 PM
  #10
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Something people need to remember, (and this is in no way directed at you, your knowledge of the bruins or the way you evaluate players, your post just made me think about it) Brad Marchand had about the same production in his first 20 games (in fact it might be the exact same) and no one expected him to do much of anything heading into the year we won the cup. It took David Krejci I think 20 something games to score his first goal (please correct me anyone that knows the exact number, point is it took awhile) Tyler Seguin who has elite talent only scored 22 points last year. A lot of what goes into production on the ice is mental. Confidence and thinking the game the right way. So what I'm trying to say is, have patience with some of these guys in Providence, most NHL players don't become regulars until their mid and even late 20's. I'm not banking on any of them, that's why trades happen, but even a kid like Zach Hamill could wind up a very productive member of some team down the road.
I agree totally with you, and I think if we put ourselves in the "skates" of a guy like Hamill, the pressure to perform with a limited number of games chance, and the knowledge of that, must be an incredible weight of pressure to bear, with some more able to deal with it than others... we all remember how bad Seguin looked at times last year and he is an elite talent, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think that a guy not elite, like Hamill if given a low pressure 3rd line spot on a team in a less competitive position and was able to stick for a year with the big club might start to blossom and become a much better player than he looked here recently

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:40 PM
  #11
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,794
vCash: 500
Hennessy is 27, he won't become good all of a sudden.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:43 PM
  #12
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
Hennessy is 27, he won't become good all of a sudden.
probably not but my blanket statement still applies to those around Hamill's age, and any other future baby Bruin that still hasn't made the club and stuck by age 23 or so.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:46 PM
  #13
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
27 years old, 1 point in 20 career games with Ottawa

looks on paper to be quite similar to Hamill, older and a little bigger but not a physical player
He looked good from the few times I have seen him. Good offensively pretty poor defensively.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:47 PM
  #14
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
Yes it is called a road trip but in the last few years I cannot ever remembering CJ having the max 23 players
Agreed. It's normal procedure, but highly unusual for CJ.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:48 PM
  #15
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Guy is a career AHLer I would have preferred to see Camper get a chance.
Agree 100%

If they are going to bring anybody up from Providence it should be Camper.

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:50 PM
  #16
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
Agree 100%

If they are going to bring anybody up from Providence it should be Camper.
I think they are looking to just have a vet as back up more so than giving a young gun a shot or show case them. Camper is in his first AHL season and doing well, no reason to mess it up, i think they'd rather just let him continue to play

of course, had he been called up, i would be excited. I've been a fan of his since his red hawk days, he looked good when i saw him with the baby b's too.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:53 PM
  #17
bostonphoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Watch this guy catch fire.

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:54 PM
  #18
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !
 
RaskMullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seekonk,MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,744
vCash: 500
why not Carter Camper ? I don't get it

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:56 PM
  #19
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBombay9 View Post
why not Carter Camper ? I don't get it
Chances are he isn't going to play... So why not let CC get some more time playing than watching.

That has to be it.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:07 PM
  #20
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
Yes it is called a road trip but in the last few years I cannot ever remembering CJ having the max 23 players
horton doesn't really count - he's not close to playing. 1 extra D/F. nothing to see here.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
  #21
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
just a curious question, how does salary work when a guy like this is brought up but doesn't play? does he get paid per week at the nhl level prorated over the length of a season? or how? the $700,000 a year salary for nhl vs. the $70,000 a year salary for AHL is a big difference

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:11 PM
  #22
Regina
Registered User
 
Regina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddacey View Post
Watch this guy catch fire.












Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:19 PM
  #23
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Chances are he isn't going to play... So why not let CC get some more time playing than watching.

That has to be it.
The NHL team's needs always come before player development.

Josh is leading the PBs in goals and he's built for the bottom six better than Camper. Doesn't hurt that he's a hometown boy getting to play with his childhood team but it probably doesn't help much, either.



Serious question for my esteemed fellow HFers: let's say Seidenberg goes down next game and is on the shelf for two weeks. You're Peter Chiarelli. What do you do?

Do you play Warsofsky or Bartkowski? Or do you dip into the emergency recall and see what you've got in Dougie Hamilton?

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:19 PM
  #24
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
just a curious question, how does salary work when a guy like this is brought up but doesn't play? does he get paid per week at the nhl level prorated over the length of a season? or how? the $700,000 a year salary for nhl vs. the $70,000 a year salary for AHL is a big difference
That's essentially it - the NHL salary (either his salary if he has a two-way contact, or the league minimum if not) kicks in when he joins the big club. And when they go on the road he gets the NHL per diem (meal money). All in all, the difference in money is huge.

And I doubt he sees action unless someone gets hurt. He's insurance.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:26 PM
  #25
NotedToughGuyDKrejci
Registered User
 
NotedToughGuyDKrejci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That's essentially it - the NHL salary (either his salary if he has a two-way contact, or the league minimum if not) kicks in when he joins the big club. And when they go on the road he gets the NHL per diem (meal money). All in all, the difference in money is huge.
Add in the fact that their pay is only based on a 187 day "year" and a 2 week call-up can mean a doubling of salary for an AHL guy.

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.