HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Tor

Old
02-13-2012, 10:44 PM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

vCash: 500
2 things the leafs dont need more off: small forwards and injury prone players. So why are we trading for Hemsky if he fits this 2 criteria?

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:46 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
Ya that's not accurate.

I pass. Hemsky is the opposite of what we need. We need a big and tough top-6 who can score, not one who is small, soft and injury prone. We have Connolly already.

Aulie looks awesome, it usually takes shutdown d-men a while to adjust to the NHL, and Kadri is on his way. That's a lot of long-term success for something short term that won't even really help us.
Yep, pretty much Kadri and Aulie for Connolly 2.0 and a 2nd.

Nah.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:52 PM
The K Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
So Aulie cant crack A regular role on a team that has more goals against than the Oilers has looked awesome and Kadri has been overated by the Leafs to comical Levels.
You could probably go on more about that please. I'd like to hear how he has been overrated. He's a 21 year old prospect who's a PPG in the AHL, that's pretty good. Played much better defensively on his call up, but never played in a top-6 role with gifted players to get many points.

And Aulie can't crack the roster because he has Gunnarsson, Liles, and Gardiner ahead of him. Like I said, shutdown d-men take longer to develop, and he's only 22.

The high goals against has come from poor goaltending. We never had a god-like Khabibulin to bail us out the first quarter of the year.

We only have 1 more goal scored against than the Oil, not that impressive.

Edit: Don't tell me why you think he's overrated, this isn't a defend Kadri thread and you probably haven't seen him play that much, so don't worry about it.

The K Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
You could probably go on more about that please. I'd like to hear how he has been overrated. He's a 21 year old prospect who's a PPG in the AHL, that's pretty good. Played much better defensively on his call up, but never played in a top-6 role with gifted players to get many points.

And Aulie can't crack the roster because he has Gunnarsson, Liles, and Gardiner ahead of him. Like I said, shutdown d-men take longer to develop, and he's only 22.

The high goals against has come from poor goaltending. We never had a god-like Khabibulin to bail us out the first quarter of the year.

We only have 1 more goal scored against than the Oil, not that impressive.
He is not a ppg in the Ahl and for his draft ranking and production so far in the NHL is far from promising but keep the faithand Aulie is an AHL dman and if he can't crack a borderline playoff team with a bad ga good luck with that.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:02 PM
LEAFMAN10

Quote:
He is not a ppg in the Ahl and for his draft ranking and production so far in the NHL is far from promising but keep the faithand Aulie is an AHL dman and if he can't crack a borderline playoff team with a bad ga good luck with that.
3 points shy of being PPG player in AHL and he hasn't gotten the chance to put up points in the NHL yet with the way Wilson plays him. The guy is 21. Wasn't MPS sent down recently so I guess he's a complete bust too since he can't crack a bottom 5 team. Your argument about both players are so inaccurate.

LEAFMAN10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:02 PM
The K Man

Quote:
You still didn't provide me with anything knowledgeable about either Kadri or Aulie.

But ya, I've got faith in them, thanks.

The K Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFMAN10 View Post
3 points shy of being PPG player in AHL and he hasn't gotten the chance to put up points in the NHL yet with the way Wilson plays him. The guy is 21. Wasn't MPS sent down recently so I guess he's a complete bust too since he can't crack a bottom 5 team. Your argument about both players are so inaccurate.
Yeah I heard all from Leaf fans last year in a thread how Aulie was superior to Smid loool spare me if he was NHL ready he would be playing not like the Leafs have a allstar D And im sure if Kadri is worth of top 6 he would be getting it. Also check my post history of MPS I stated many times before he ever played he would not be a offensive player in the NHL.And for the last time Oilers have no intrest in moving Hemsky for a couple of minor leaguers and throw in a pick as well.

Last edited by Oilmageddon*: 02-13-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old
02-13-2012, 11:22 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Yeah I heard all from Leaf fans last year in a thread how Aulie was superior to Smid loool spare me if he was NHL ready he would be playing not like the Leafs have a allstar D And im sure if Kadri is worth of top 6 he would be getting it. Also check my post history of MPS I stated many times before he ever played he would not be a offensive player in the NHL.And for the last time Oilers have no intrest in moving Hemsky for a couple of minor leaguers and throw in a pick as well.
Whats up your ass?

And he does belong in the top 6 but, Roster limit + Waiver exemption = Kadri in the minors. Really, its a concept that should be common knowledge to an average fan, I'm sorry if it is difficult to understand i know elementary math and reasoning is known to give many people troubles.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Stu

Quote:
Heaven forbid we would develop a player in the minors when we are already jam packed at centre, coupled with the fact that Kadri has come to us as a centre and we are developing him as a winger also. Not to mention, we have had good chemistry with our second line and he is not replacing Lupul/Kessel, with Bozak doing a solid job centering them. Kadri has got great hands, nice vision and played well when he came up, he just needs to be nurtured.

Maybe this is too much sense for you?

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:40 PM
IBLeaf*

Why are you guys responding to this guy? He's an obvious troll and sometimes I can't even decipher what he's posting.

Leafs say no to this trade, and for obvious reasons. Let's move on.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:41 PM
leafsfuture

Because people only think about their own teams perspective, let me explain why neither team does this:

Why Toronto says no:
- Ales Hemsky is a pending UFA... remember the people who used to chirp Leaf fans for overrating pending UFA's well now its the opposite. Hemsky is a skill winger who will command more $ than the Leafs will be able to offer. No way he would be back
- This season, Hemsky has been on pace for under 50 points if he played the whole season. On a team where 3 of the top 6 forwards are under 21, thats not good enough for Kadri and Aulie

Why Edmonton says no:
- Kadri has skill, and has played some great games in the NHL, but hasnt been consistent enough to show he has near hemsky prime potential
- Kadri is a nice piece, but doesnt address Edmonton's needs.... they dont need another RFA for summer of 2013
- Hemsky when on is VERY good.... if they could get him at a discount, he could provide a more veteran presence up front

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Because people only think about their own teams perspective, let me explain why neither team does this:

Why Toronto says no:
- Ales Hemsky is a pending UFA... remember the people who used to chirp Leaf fans for overrating pending UFA's well now its the opposite. Hemsky is a skill winger who will command more $ than the Leafs will be able to offer. No way he would be back
- This season, Hemsky has been on pace for under 50 points if he played the whole season. On a team where 3 of the top 6 forwards are under 21, thats not good enough for Kadri and Aulie

Why Edmonton says no:
- Kadri has skill, and has played some great games in the NHL, but hasnt been consistent enough to show he has near hemsky prime potential
- Kadri is a nice piece, but doesnt address Edmonton's needs.... they dont need another RFA for summer of 2013
- Hemsky when on is VERY good.... if they could get him at a discount, he could provide a more veteran presence up front
Why Edmonton Says yes:
- Looking for a blue chip prospect in return (even though i doubt they get one), in this deal they get 1, plus another solid prospect
- Not a playoff contender so they have no need for their pending UFA
- with their young core, hell will soon be irrelevant to future plans

Why Toronto says yes:

Old
02-13-2012, 11:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Would be hard for Edmonton to turn that down. Seriously, guys... where wold Aulie slot in? Would he get minutes over Petry?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:57 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Why Edmonton Says yes:
- Looking for a blue chip prospect in return (even though i doubt they get one), in this deal they get 1, plus another solid prospect
- Not a playoff contender so they have no need for their pending UFA
- with their young core, hell will soon be irrelevant to future plans

Why Toronto says yes:
Do you just sit at your computer hitting refresh 8x a minute, just ready to jump on anyone who has a differing opinion than yours? Like honeslty, you make up probably just under 50% of the posts in this thread and the majority of them are telling us how our players are *** and the ones on the Leafs are far superior.

Please, neither fan base likes the trade. Stop replying and let this die.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:00 AM
TML4eva*

Quote:
You got that right from Edmonton Ahl scrub wannabe forward and most likely bust and a 7th dman and we give up a 2nd loool
Your calling kadri an ahl scrub????/

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:01 AM
TML4eva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
Do you just sit at your computer hitting refresh 8x a minute, just ready to jump on anyone who has a differing opinion than yours? Like honeslty, you make up probably just under 50% of the posts in this thread and the majority of them are telling us how our players are *** and the ones on the Leafs are far superior.

I don't want to sound rude, but if you don't like the post don't respond to it.

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:10 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post

Quote 1 of my posts in which i said the Edmonton players are **** and the Leafs are far superior. Maybe you should pay attention to the posts by your fan base in this thread, those who actually are taking shots at the opposing team players.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
Why are you guys responding to this guy? He's an obvious troll and sometimes I can't even decipher what he's posting.

Leafs say no to this trade, and for obvious reasons. Let's move on.
Yeah everybody that does not exalt every leaf player ****y or not is a troll and they also have to declare all their players unworthy of Any Leaf mentioned . Or in your case post phoney stats showing the Leaf player is better.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:13 AM
SpaceCowboy

Edmonton can get a better return for Hemsky from another team that'd pay more.

Burke will never do this. It also solves no problems. They want to go younger not older for next season. This is one year where the TML are in no way going to jump ship to make the playoffs this year. They will bide their time and do well next year.

SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Edmonton and Toronto are clearly bad trading prospects. Aulie would be nice, but I would rather trade for someone like Voyvov from LA.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Slickster

Aulie is no better than the defensive prospects we have. We need a young dynamic offensive dman not a shutdown type. We have many of those types of defensemen and many other young defennsemen already in the system. Is Aulie an upgrade for the future. Not really. (Teubert, Plante, Musil, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat)
Kadri is a small forward and we have enough of those already with much better pedigree and NHL success. Kadri would be a good replacement for Omark in the minors. That's about it.
The Oilers and leafs need the same things... Big forwards who can play in the top six, a young offensive dman and possibly a future top goalie.
If anything I don't know why Toronto wouldn't be looking at Khabibulin as he would give them a better shot at making the playoffs than the media hyped up goalies they have.
Hemsky is redundant for Toronto as they also have to many small forwards and scoring is not their problem. Goaltending, the penalty kill and a hugely overrated defense is their biggest problem and yes I have many leaf friends who i discuss our teams with constantly for the last 30 years plus I watch all their games so I am not basing my comments on seeing them on just the odd Saturday night.
I also don't see toronto interested in Gagner because of the size issue and I don't see Edmonton interested in Schenn because he is totally overrated, slow and handles the puck like it's a grenade. Not suited for the new NHL. Would have been great in the mid 90s to mid 2000s.

Slickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:40 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickster View Post
Aulie is no better than the defensive prospects we have. We need a young dynamic offensive dman not a shutdown type. We have many of those types of defensemen and many other young defennsemen already in the system. Is Aulie an upgrade for the future. Not really. (Teubert, Plante, Musil, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat)
Kadri is a small forward and we have enough of those already with much better pedigree and NHL success. Kadri would be a good replacement for Omark in the minors. That's about it.
The Oilers and leafs need the same things... Big forwards who can play in the top six, a young offensive dman and possibly a future top goalie.
If anything I don't know why Toronto wouldn't be looking at Khabibulin as he would give them a better shot at making the playoffs than the media hyped up goalies they have.
Hemsky is redundant for Toronto as they also have to many small forwards and scoring is not their problem. Goaltending, the penalty kill and a hugely overrated defense is their biggest problem and yes I have many leaf friends who i discuss our teams with constantly for the last 30 years plus I watch all their games so I am not basing my comments on seeing them on just the odd Saturday night.
I also don't see toronto interested in Gagner because of the size issue and I don't see Edmonton interested in Schenn because he is totally overrated, slow and handles the puck like it's a grenade. Not suited for the new NHL. Would have been great in the mid 90s to mid 2000s.
Although I agree with most of what you have posted here in regards to why each team would not be good trading partners I dont believe that the leafs Defense is overrated as you say but more so in experienced. The leafs D needs time to develop with most of the "overhyped" D men as you call them (Schenn,Gardiner,Aulie, and to a lesser extent gunnarson) are all under 23 years old with the obvious exception being gunnarson (25). Now in three years time if their contributions remain the same then I might be inclined to concede your point but until then let's not get carried away.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Hockey 4 Life

And to the above point this applies to every young D core in the NHL not just Toronto.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Hemsky is not a Brian Burke type player...

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:50 AM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Hemsky is not a Brian Burke type player...
There really is no such thing.

See Connolly, Tim.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote