HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 10 Worst Montreal Canadiens Players In Recent History

Old
02-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
As a Habs fan since 2004 Maxwell, Laraque and Samsonov are the worst players I've seen. One was a ghost, one was a joke and the other one was figure skater...

Radek Bonk doesn't belong in the HM, he was a solid role player and even contributed 14 goals in his last season.

Whoever said Kostopoulos sucked is on crack, he was a solid energy guy and he was a natural scorer in the AHL. I'd take him over Darche any day of the week.

PS: Yann Danis getting a shutout in his 1st ever game was so...random

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Desharnais is a good center but he's too diminutive for my liking and I would rather Plekanec and Eller as 2-3 centers when we finally have a big offensive center.

I liked Latendresse I just was frustrated he'd never go to the net and do what he had to do to be successful.

Bouillon is a terrible defenceman.

I liked Lapierre. He was the perfect pest, could score timely goals, always hit, infuriated opponents. Never wanted him gone.
Regarding your comments on Latendresse and Lapierre: really? My bad. I was under the impression that you hated them but I guess my sample size (of your posts) was not big enough!

Edit:

PS I don't want to derail the thread but imo in 1-2 year(s), when Eller becomes the great two ways players most of us see in him, I would give more offensive responsibilities (better wingers!) to Plekanec and let Eller shut down the opponent top line. I would be more than comfortable with 1. Plekanec, 2. Desharnais and 3. Eller. In that scenario, Eller would probably receive more TOI than Desharnais.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 02-15-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:00 PM
MXD

Jason Ward has absolutely no business in the Top-10. Up there as far as disappointments are concerned, but no way he was amongst the worst players.

Perezoghin in the HM's is a head scratcher.

But them, they had it right with Christian Laflamme. Made Traverse and Niniimaa look good.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
MXD

Quote:

Bouillon is a terrible defenceman.
While not suited to play a Top-4 role or with Mathieu "I can skate really fast and that's it" Dandenault, Bouillon was a very good in a bottom-pairing role. Physical and underrated puck-mover -- exactly the guy you'd want to play with an up-and-coming, bigger D-Men. Would have pictured him really well with Tinordi, actually.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Issacar

I hope we can sign Hal GIll in the coaching staff, he'd be a good mentor for Jarred Tinordi and our defensemen in general. He doesn't have soft hands, but he has incredible stickhandling skills.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I hope we can sign Hal GIll in the coaching staff, he'd be a good mentor for Jarred Tinordi and our defensemen in general. He doesn't have soft hands, but he has incredible stickhandling skills.
At least they could talk face to face.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
No Patrick Poulin? I guess the guy who wrote the article, Fred Poulin, must be related to Patrick Poulin.
Poulin was as good (or as bad) as Pouliot.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Mackee

I'll never forget the time Traverse hit Theodore in the neck. Pretty sure he was trying to rim the puck around the back boards. That and the subsequent stare of death from Theodore were hilarious.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:12 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Regarding your comments on Latendresse and Lapierre: really? My bad. I was under the impression that you hated them but I guess my sample size (of your posts) was not big enough!

Edit:

PS I don't want to derail the thread but imo in 1-2 year(s), when Eller becomes the great two ways players most of us see in him, I would give more offensive responsibilities (better wingers!) to Plekanec and let Eller shut down the opponent top line. I would be more than comfortable with 1. Plekanec, 2. Desharnais and 3. Eller. In that scenario, Eller would probably receive more TOI than Desharnais.
I was frustrated with Latendresse. He had the big body, the hands, but he just never went where he needed to with us. I supported him but after awhile, you do get frustrated (like the coaching staff did) with a guy unwilling to do what he needed to do to be succesful.

That being said, I've always maintained it was the coaching staff's fault for not cultivating him properly. They let him get away with it for far too long, if they had sat him down and made their expectations clear from the beginning; he wouldn't have developed the tendencies he did.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Issacar

My main issue with Guillaume Latendresse was his lack of speed for the teammates he was paired with. Tough to be at the place needed when you can't follow your linemates... But as you said, it's poor coaching...

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:15 PM
charlie

Red Light Racicott.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I was frustrated with Latendresse. He had the big body, the hands, but he just never went where he needed to with us. I supported him but after awhile, you do get frustrated (like the coaching staff did) with a guy unwilling to do what he needed to do to be succesful.

That being said, I've always maintained it was the coaching staff's fault for not cultivating him properly. They let him get away with it for far too long, if they had sat him down and made their expectations clear from the beginning; he wouldn't have developed the tendencies he did.
Latendresse was one of those guys that I thought was going to be better than he became. But the stories surrounding him and his lack of effort were frustrating to say the least.

As for it being the coaching staff's fault, maybe that's true. But sometimes the player has to take responsibility for it himself. Same thing is happening in Minnesota now, the guy does not have a great reputation. And that's a damn shame because he definitely has the size and goal scoring talent to be a good player.

Maybe he'll pull things together someday but right now I just get the impression of him being too lazy to be successful. I had read reports that he showed up at camp this season slimmer, so maybe there's hope for him but there's no doubt that he's been a big dissapointment so far.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Latendresse was one of those guys that I thought was going to be better than he became. But the stories surrounding him and his lack of effort were frustrating to say the least.

As for it being the coaching staff's fault, maybe that's true. But sometimes the player has to take responsibility for it himself. Same thing is happening in Minnesota now, the guy does not have a great reputation. And that's a damn shame because he definitely has the size and goal scoring talent to be a good player.

Maybe he'll pull things together someday but right now I just get the impression of him being too lazy to be successful. I had read reports that he showed up at camp this season slimmer, so maybe there's hope for him but there's no doubt that he's been a big dissapointment so far.
I understand and almost entirely agree with WeThreeKings' comment but I need to react to your "... Maybe he'll pull things together someday but right now I just get the impression of him being too lazy to be successful..."...

My GAWD! The guy scored 33 goals in 82 games (+9) for the Wild; I would say that he already pulled things together!

PS a concussion is not a conditioning related injury.

----------

Anyhow... back on topic: Murray Baron!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
As a Habs fan since 2004 Maxwell, Laraque and Samsonov are the worst players I've seen. One was a ghost, one was a joke and the other one was figure skater...

Radek Bonk doesn't belong in the HM, he was a solid role player and even contributed 14 goals in his last season.

Whoever said Kostopoulos sucked is on crack, he was a solid energy guy and he was a natural scorer in the AHL. I'd take him over Darche any day of the week.

PS: Yann Danis getting a shutout in his 1st ever game was so...random
He was so much hated

I liked him, he used to be a Vortex. He was good on the PK and thats it.
I tried to defend him alot at part time job office with another dude. It was 50% job 30% talking about Radek Bonk and 20% OT subject
It was fun

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Sylvain Blouin.

This guy looks like his mama was somehow related to his papa.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
KadrüH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I would like to give an honorable mention to both Oleg Petrov and Jan Bulis. THey wer some of the fastest hockey players ever, but man did they had no skills!
What? First, the don't deserve to be on that list AT ALL.
Secondly, you said they were some of the fastest hockey players, but right after you said they had no skills. So being fast is not a skill now.
Okay.

KadrüH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
He was so much hated

I liked him, he used to be a Vortex. He was good on the PK and thats it.
I tried to defend him alot at part time job office with another dude. It was 50% job 30% talking about Radek Bonk and 20% OT subject
It was fun
Bonk was so amazing along the boards. A true beast.

But I could be biased!

I really enjoyed the player. He was kind of slow, but he was one hell of a hard worker and smart player.

But I mostly like his name.

I must also admit, in shame, that I was a fan of Bulis. That guy could fly.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Uber Coca

I've seen every one of them play. Brutal years.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:24 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Always had a soft spot for Craig Darby.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
KadrüH

Guys, did we forget Patrick Poulin?

KadrüH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
More recently Dustin Boyd was quite terrible too. The SKostitsyn trade was absolutely brutal

I know both Boyd and Dawes bolted to the KHL but do we still hold their rights?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
VL55

Thanks to my wonderful selective memory, I can't remember any of the players mentioned in this thread and so can still sleep like a baby.

VL55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:36 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Poulin / Darby / Bashkirov
Dykhius / Traverse

Jean-Claude Bergeron

(and too many HM to list)

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
EXPOS123

Has Sebastien Bordealeau been menioned yet?

EXPOS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:22 PM
windycity

Campoli moving up with a bullet

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote