HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

2012 & 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series & Camping World Truck Series Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 06:33 PM
billybobjoe1881

vCash: 50
Why the **** didn't they throw the yellow at the end. No need to wreck 10 more cars because Danica got spun and dropped a f *** tonne of oil on the track.

billybobjoe1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
Why the **** didn't they throw the yellow at the end. No need to wreck 10 more cars because Danica got spun and dropped a f *** tonne of oil on the track.
Because Richard Childress would have had a stroke.

Seriously though, I don't know. It should have been a yellow as soon as Danica spun around.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Classified

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Because Richard Childress would have had a stroke.

Seriously though, I don't know. It should have been a yellow as soon as Danica spun around.
Did they already (or at least closer than the last time) take the white flag? There was no need to finish that last lap, should have been yellow.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:45 PM
billybobjoe1881

They were just entering the front stretch when Danica spun.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:19 PM
LetsGoBears

The sad part is NASCAR is going to get a complete pass on that BS on at the end. How that isn't a yellow is mind boggling.

Also, Gordon never made contact until after Bowyer started getting loose. Gordon just pinched him just like Bowyer hung Gordon out.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
The sad part is NASCAR is going to get a complete pass on that BS on at the end.
They will because people want to see wrecked race cars. Nobody cares about the teams that lost money because of that.

The only way they wouldn't get a pass is if someone was seriously injured, then it would be a problem.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
The sad part is NASCAR is going to get a complete pass on that BS on at the end. How that isn't a yellow is mind boggling.

Also, Gordon never made contact until after Bowyer started getting loose. Gordon just pinched him just like Bowyer hung Gordon out.
Welcome to the world of nascar. That was total BS. There should have been a yellow when Danica wrecked and before Harvick took the white flag. But that typical nascar. Risking people's lives for drama.

As for Gordon...he needs to retire. Retribution is one thing, taking out others while doing so is a bush league move. Not at all the mark of a champion. Hang 'em up Jeff, your heart isn't in it any more.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
billybobjoe1881

I'm glad Newman walked away from that after taking a direct head-on blow to the drivers side. It could of been terrible.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:41 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:

What? Jeff Gordon even admitted he did it on purpose...don't really know how to argue against that haha

******* move on his part

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:17 AM
bant82

Send a message via AIM to bant82
I hope i dont regret this but I'm saying this as somebody that races legend cars and have ran a few NASCAR Whelan All-American Series late model races this past season. In my opinion gordon should be parked the next race you dont slow down and wait for somebody to come around and wreck them the sport is to dangerous and expensive.... settle it with your fist and not the car if it even comes to that point.

edit: I know that didnt sound right but there is a difference in wrecking somebody and bumping somebody you can make your point without going that far

Last edited by bant82: 11-12-2012 at 02:26 AM.
bant82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
billybobjoe1881

I completely get what your saying. My cousin turned 14 in April and we built him a Mini for the local track. There are certain people that will run you off the track if you don't get out of their way. They are also the people that only race once every other race day. If you intentionally wreck somebody you deserve to be parked.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:08 AM
bant82

Send a message via AIM to bant82
Quote:
I completely get what your saying. My cousin turned 14 in April and we built him a Mini for the local track. There are certain people that will run you off the track if you don't get out of their way. They are also the people that only race once every other race day. If you intentionally wreck somebody you deserve to be parked.
exactly your cousin started racing the same age i did im 25 now and i had zero go kart expierence. i want to see nascar get back to the good old boy age but what happen at phoenix is not the way to do it, the sport is getting younger by the year with 14 year olds in stock cars and this isnt a message you want to send and make them feel its alright to do it i just hope NASCAR cracks down on gordon. i have no dog in the fight i just want to see a good race and when i see something that is worth calling out i will and i have no problem bumping or moving somebody in payback after they hit me but you dont go about it the way gordon did.

bant82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
They will because people want to see wrecked race cars. Nobody cares about the teams that lost money because of that.

The only way they wouldn't get a pass is if someone was seriously injured, then it would be a problem.
Or the top two slipped like everyone else behind them. That would have been interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
What? Jeff Gordon even admitted he did it on purpose...don't really know how to argue against that haha

******* move on his part
He can admit to whatever he wants, but it doesn't mean he did it. Bowyer ran him high twice and Gordon kept the car straight. Gordon squeezed Bowyer and Clint couldn't keep his car straight and spun out himself and started everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bant82 View Post
I hope i dont regret this but I'm saying this as somebody that races legend cars and have ran a few NASCAR Whelan All-American Series late model races this past season. In my opinion gordon should be parked the next race you dont slow down and wait for somebody to come around and wreck them the sport is to dangerous and expensive.... settle it with your fist and not the car if it even comes to that point.

edit: I know that didnt sound right but there is a difference in wrecking somebody and bumping somebody you can make your point without going that far
What don't you understand? Gordon never made contact until Bowyer got loose and hit Gordon. It's right there in the replay.

Quote:
Like Bowyer did to Gordon twice?

Last edited by LetsGoBears: 11-12-2012 at 11:58 AM.
LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Regardless of whether you think Bowyer had it coming or not Gordon was absolutely in the wrong for intentionally impacting the chase. It's exactly what Kyle Busch did to Ron Hornaday except that Boyer wasn't leading the championship. At the time Gordon wrecked Boyer, Clint still had a chance to win the championship next week. Jeff also ruined Joey Logano's day and he almost took out Brad K too.

It was a bush league move on the part of a guy who would have us believe he is a champion. They should park his *** next week. But nascar is too gutless to do that. Kyle Busch, yes. Some lowly backmarker, yes. Jeff Gordon, uh, not happening.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Or the top two slipped like everyone else behind them. That would have been interesting.

He can admit to whatever he wants, but it doesn't mean he did it. Bowyer ran him high twice and Gordon kept the car straight. Gordon squeezed Bowyer and Clint couldn't keep his car straight and spun out himself and started everything.

What don't you understand? Gordon never made contact until Bowyer got loose and hit Gordon. It's right there in the replay.

Like Bowyer did to Gordon twice?
Bowyer went below the apron because Gordon was in his way. Remember, Gordon was black flagged by NASCAR prior to this situation. Clint got loose down on the apron, but you can clearly see Gordon turning down on him. The visual evidence is there, just look at how far Gordon moves down on to the apron after Bowyer went below him. There is no defending Gordon's actions here.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Gordon practically stopped on the track waiting for Bowyer to get there. There is no defense of his intentions. He even admitted after the race he intentionally went after Bowyer. How can anybody try and say the accident was Bowyer's fault?

Old
11-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

This whole situation is making the sport look like a giant joke.

First of all, the penalties assessed to Jeff Gordon is laughable. Here's a rundown of the penalties assessed after Phoenix.

Quote:
SPEED Center ‏@SPEEDCenter
#NASCAR fines Gordon $100,000 and penalized 25 driver and owner points and crew chief Alan Gustafson is placed on probation until Dec31
Quote:
#NASCAR Brian Pattie, crew chief of the No. 15 car has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
Quote:
#NASCAR Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec31 (for having cellphone)
Something I felt strongly about for a long time is that certain drivers say that give respect to other drivers but are extremely quick to criticize other drivers for any little incident. I think Keselowski explained pretty well what has been happening for long time:

Quote:
"It's a double standard that I spent a whole week being bashed by half a dozen drivers about racing hard at Texas and about how I'm out of control and have a death wish, and then I see [expletive] like that," Keselowski said. "That's [expletive]. That's all you can call that. You race hard and I get called a [jerk] who has a death wish for racing hard, and I see [expletive] like that and it just [ticks] me off.

"It's just ridiculous, and they should be ashamed. It's embarrassing."
source: http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...ad-keselowski/

I think some drivers need to get off their high horse and realize that they don't deserve more room on the track than others. Whatever happened to "rubbin' is racing"?

I wonder what would have happened if a non championship contender would wreak Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon. You all know that driver would have been hammered by Nascar. Jeff Gordon basically killed any hope Bowyer had for a championship. I think the penalty is a slap on the wrist considering the circumstances.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
This whole situation is making the sport look like a giant joke.

First of all, the penalties assessed to Jeff Gordon is laughable. Here's a rundown of the penalties assessed after Phoenix.

Something I felt strongly about for a long time is that certain drivers say that give respect to other drivers but are extremely quick to criticize other drivers for any little incident. I think Keselowski explained pretty well what has been happening for long time:

source: http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...ad-keselowski/

I think some drivers need to get off their high horse and realize that they don't deserve more room on the track than others. Whatever happened to "rubbin' is racing"?

I wonder what would have happened if a non championship contender would wreak Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon. You all know that driver would have been hammered by Nascar. Jeff Gordon basically killed any hope Bowyer had for a championship. I think the penalty is a slap on the wrist considering the circumstances.
I agree 1,000%. NASCAR Is a joke. Gordon should have been parked but NASCAR doesn't have the guts to park him. Let it be a backmarker and NASCAR would have thrown the book at them. Just giving Gordon a bigger fine than Bowyer is a ****ing joke.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

#NASCAR Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec31 (for having cellphone)

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...-cellphone-car

What a joke.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...-cellphone-car

What a joke.
tht I'll agree with

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:36 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:

most cars are obsolete, after Homestead anyway, it'll move to the 2013 car, and no more Impala after HMS, EITHER

Old
11-12-2012, 11:49 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Regardless of whether you think Bowyer had it coming or not Gordon was absolutely in the wrong for intentionally impacting the chase. It's exactly what Kyle Busch did to Ron Hornaday except that Boyer wasn't leading the championship. At the time Gordon wrecked Boyer, Clint still had a chance to win the championship next week. Jeff also ruined Joey Logano's day and he almost took out Brad K too.

It was a bush league move on the part of a guy who would have us believe he is a champion. They should park his *** next week. But nascar is too gutless to do that. Kyle Busch, yes. Some lowly backmarker, yes. Jeff Gordon, uh, not happening.
Eddie:

Since when is Bowyer leading the Chase at any time, tht team, didn't even exist 11 months ago.,, Busch/Hornaday had nothing to do w/ Sun.....the only difference is Mars reevaluated their decision

Old
11-12-2012, 11:53 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Harvick to SHR(2014)

Don't see a 4th car in '14, Harvick likely replaces Newman in the 39

Old
11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I agree 1,000%. NASCAR Is a joke. Gordon should have been parked but NASCAR doesn't have the guts to park him. Let it be a backmarker and NASCAR would have thrown the book at them. Just giving Gordon a bigger fine than Bowyer is a ****ing joke.
Gordon instigated tht, Eddie, u think Hendrick is thrilled w/ his senior driver by acting like that.....

the reason both Pattie and Gustafson were fined is part of their job description is controlling the pit crews....

MWR released a statement in reference to the incident, and apologized.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Eddie:

Since when is Bowyer leading the Chase at any time, tht team, didn't even exist 11 months ago.,, Busch/Hornaday had nothing to do w/ Sun.....the only difference is Mars reevaluated their decision
Why don't you take your Jeff Gordon hat off so you can think this through more clearly.

Bowyer would have still been mathematically in it next week if he had not been wrecked. Just because he wasn't leading the points does not make him fair game.

So if a team didn't exist 11 months ago people (or is it just Jeff?) have a right to crash him out of the chase?

I know you think you know more about nascar than anybody else here, but you really don't.