HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

2012 & 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series & Camping World Truck Series Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2013, 08:10 PM
  #876
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
 
Fixed to Ruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 50
Lol at smoke's pit stop.

Fixed to Ruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:01 PM
  #877
Smoke
The Taxman
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 977
Pretty terrible season so far for SHR. They seem to be behind everyone else in figuring out the new car.

I think Addington needs to go. I don't ever remember Tony being this consistantly terrible at 1.5 mile tracks until Addington came along.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:09 PM
  #878
Greeningfan14
Registered User
 
Greeningfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,697
vCash: 500
Montoya

Greeningfan14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:17 PM
  #879
Greeningfan14
Registered User
 
Greeningfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,697
vCash: 500
Kyle Busch wins

Greeningfan14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:21 PM
  #880
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,554
vCash: 1888
Hate that guy.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:31 AM
  #881
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Did that really need to be 500 miles? Sheesh. Love the debris caution with 20 to go.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:36 AM
  #882
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,554
vCash: 1888
Truex failed post race inspection as his car was too low in the front end. Keselowski's car has been taken by NASCAR, too.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:12 AM
  #883
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
I want to see what nascar does about the Penske cars but this sure smells a lot like the Hendrick cars and their Dover shocks all over again.

Click here to read...No penalties for Hendrick

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:47 AM
  #884
Smoke
The Taxman
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I want to see what nascar does about the Penske cars but this sure smells a lot like the Hendrick cars and their Dover shocks all over again.

Click here to read...No penalties for Hendrick
Yeah, I read that but how in anyway does that relate to this situation? NASCAR found something they didn't like on those Hendrick cars but they were still considered legal. There was no rule against that type of shock alteration.

The Penske cars were caught in violation of an actual rule, hours before the race. You bet penalties are going to handed out.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:15 AM
  #885
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils
 
StvBroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Pretty terrible season so far for SHR. They seem to be behind everyone else in figuring out the new car.

I think Addington needs to go. I don't ever remember Tony being this consistantly terrible at 1.5 mile tracks until Addington came along.
Yeah I was not really happy with the hiring of Addington. Time to put Zippy on the box.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:36 PM
  #886
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Yeah, I read that but how in anyway does that relate to this situation? NASCAR found something they didn't like on those Hendrick cars but they were still considered legal. There was no rule against that type of shock alteration.

The Penske cars were caught in violation of an actual rule, hours before the race. You bet penalties are going to handed out.
According to this quote from the Penske camp, nothing was delared illegal at the track.

Quote:
Keselowski was able to keep his 16th-place starting spot. But both teams might be in for penalties due to parts that Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president for competition, told reporters were "not in the spirit of the rule." "In pre-race inspection they felt like there was something that was a questionable item that they wanted replaced," said Travis Geisler, Penske's director of competition. "We replaced all the parts in question. They have them all."
If nascar re-inspected the Penske cars only because they didn't like something about how they looked on the track then I don't think we know if it was legal or not. They couldn't say for sure the Hendrick shocks were legal until they tore them down the following week. Not being in the "spirit of the rules" is exactly what nascar said the Hendrick shocks were.

The Penske cars most likely had to go through inspection again as a formality to replacing the parts nascar confiscated.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:40 AM
  #887
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,273
vCash: 500
NASCAR just dropped the hammer on Penske. 6-race suspensions for the crew chiefs of both Keselowski and Logano, $200K in fines and 25 championship points.

That is nasty.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
  #888
Smoke
The Taxman
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 977
Supposedly the #2 and the #48 were parked next to each other in the garage, and the #22 was next to the #24. Speculation says that the Hendrick teams snitched on them as there was a lot of "commotion" around the cars before NASCAR confiscated the parts.

I wonder if this ruling will go the same way the Hendrick ruling went last year. I doubt Penske has as many strings to pull.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
  #889
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Supposedly the #2 and the #48 were parked next to each other in the garage, and the #22 was next to the #24. Speculation says that the Hendrick teams snitched on them as there was a lot of "commotion" around the cars before NASCAR confiscated the parts.

I wonder if this ruling will go the same way the Hendrick ruling went last year. I doubt Penske has as many strings to pull.
I read that rumor too. If true, Hendrick is a bigger ******* that I previously thought. But I'm sure we will never know.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 03:23 PM
  #890
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,254
vCash: 500
Just more whining by Brad, trying to blame someone else. Gibbs and Penske have the biggest whiners

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 03:23 PM
  #891
BMC
#BostonStrong
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 19,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Supposedly the #2 and the #48 were parked next to each other in the garage, and the #22 was next to the #24. Speculation says that the Hendrick teams snitched on them as there was a lot of "commotion" around the cars before NASCAR confiscated the parts.

I wonder if this ruling will go the same way the Hendrick ruling went last year. I doubt Penske has as many strings to pull.
If that is the case Hendrick needs to learn that payback is a mother****er.....

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:19 PM
  #892
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Just more whining by Brad, trying to blame someone else. Gibbs and Penske have the biggest whiners
Because Jeff Gordon never whines about anything, right?

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:28 PM
  #893
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Because Jeff Gordon never whines about anything, right?
When? Name it. He does his talking on the track.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:58 PM
  #894
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
When? Name it. He does his talking on the track.
Are you new to nascar or just a Gordon fanboy?

As his career winds down he has done less of it. But you can't be remotely serious pretending he doesn't have a career's worth of reputation for it.

Here's just one example for you...

Gordon whines about Childress conspiracy

Quote:
Jeff Gordon said he finds it "a little fishy" that Paul Menard spun out at Richmond last weekend, forcing a caution that helped teammate Kevin Harvick win the race. He also wondered if Richard Childress Racing ordered Menard to do it.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:14 PM
  #895
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Are you new to nascar or just a Gordon fanboy?

As his career winds down he has done less of it. But you can't be remotely serious pretending he doesn't have a career's worth of reputation for it.

Here's just one example for you...

Gordon whines about Childress conspiracy
Less of it, sure, but numbers don't lie. Modern day record for wins in a season, 87 wins, 4 championships in an era where they were tougher. The points system now is a joke.

Call me when Keslowski and Logano do something worthwhile. BRad won a title, sure, but he was like 10th before the "chase". Wish they'd go back to the old one but Kurt (I think it was) ruined it by running away with it.

Yes I'm also still bitter over 2007. 30 top 10s and finished second to JJ. How the hell..

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:21 PM
  #896
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
I never said he wasn't a good driver. Only that he whines as much as anybody. It's all about who's ox is being gored isn't it?

edit: And I would love to see the chase go away. Actually it was Kenseth that ran away with the last championship before the chase.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:58 PM
  #897
Smoke
The Taxman
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 977
Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer
The police officer killed last night was brother of Andrew Collier, a machinist in Hendrick Motorsports engine department. #NASCAR

Wow.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:10 PM
  #898
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils
 
StvBroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,315
vCash: 500
Go smoke


Last edited by StvBroDan: 04-21-2013 at 10:00 AM.
StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:35 PM
  #899
Classified
Registered User
 
Classified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Less of it, sure, but numbers don't lie. Modern day record for wins in a season, 87 wins, 4 championships in an era where they were tougher. The points system now is a joke.

Call me when Keslowski and Logano do something worthwhile. BRad won a title, sure, but he was like 10th before the "chase". Wish they'd go back to the old one but Kurt (I think it was) ruined it by running away with it.

Yes I'm also still bitter over 2007. 30 top 10s and finished second to JJ. How the hell..
Eh? Brad won 5 races last year, Gordon won 2 - one was rained out and the other was the race at Homestead, not the most competitive of the year.

Brad has only run like 200 races in his career, so comparing the 24 cars wins vs Brad is unfair.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  #900
Smoke
The Taxman
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 977
Brad K, top 10 after going a lap down and missing rear bumper.

Stewart can barely crack the top 20.


Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.