HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
No they wouldn't.
That's actually the same type of deals we've seen when first overall was flipped in the late 90s early 2000s drafts (see steffan, fleury, nash, deals).

Doesn't mean Columbus will do it, but a couple 2nd round picks is probably fair value to drop 2 spots in the draft.

Old
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Really good English. Just for that he win's point with me

Show's he's different than other russians.

And I see Forsberg as the same type of Landy's.. Is play could translate really good here.

SCREW IT GET THE FOUR FIRST PICK AND DRAFT ALL FOR NO MORE CONSCENSUS !!!

Wicked.

Forsberg - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Pacioretty - Grigorenko - Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller - Leblanc
White - Bournival - Kristo

Old
02-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Wicked.

Forsberg - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Pacioretty - Grigorenko - Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller - Leblanc
White - Bournival - Kristo
Stanley cup on the St-Catherine ooohhh yeah Hookers all night for me.

Damn put me in charge !

Old
02-29-2012, 06:40 PM
poetryinmotion

Dang, go wild everyone!

But for real, don't screw this up Timmins.

emelinwatchingyou.gif

Old
02-29-2012, 06:54 PM
babyhabs23

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The consensus is that it's pretty top-heavy.
Thanks! Glad to hear that!! Sounds to me its all good for Habs at draft day!

Old
02-29-2012, 07:09 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Yakupov has the potential to score 50 goals and 100+ points

Grigorenko's potential is 35-40 goals and 90-100 points

Forsberg has the potential to score 45 goals and 90+ points

Galchenyuk' potential is unknown to me but I can assume it is around 30 goals and 80 points.

All of these would be great picks and I will be happy to get any of them, and we have a good chance of landing at least one of them.

Here is the order of preference...

Yakupov
Grigorenko
Forsberg
Galchenyuk

If somehow we don't land any o them (quite unlikely), here is my next list...

Dumba
Murray
Reinhart
Rielly
Gaunce

Old
02-29-2012, 07:14 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Yakupov has the potential to score 50 goals and 100+ points

Grigorenko's potential is 35-40 goals and 90-100 points

Forsberg has the potential to score 45 goals and 90+ points

Galchenyuk' potential is unknown to me but I can assume it is around 30 goals and 80 points.

All of these would be great picks and I will be happy to get any of them, and we have a good chance of landing at least one of them.

Here is the order of preference...

Yakupov
Grigorenko
Forsberg
Galchenyuk

If somehow we don't land any o them (quite unlikely), here is my next list...

Dumba
Murray
Reinhart
Rielly
Gaunce
Galchenyuk is better than Forsberg

Old
02-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

The Montréal Canadians are very proud to select Pierre Poutine

Old
02-29-2012, 07:24 PM
ChoseLa

Who are the best fighters coming in the 2012 draft?

Old
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Who are the best fighters coming in the 2012 draft?
Bilcke is good. I like Payne, but he's a bit more of a hockey player who scraps than a pure enforcer.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:27 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Dalton Thrower can be pretty scrappy. Plus, he has a badass name.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Bilcke is good. I like Payne, but he's a bit more of a hockey player who scraps than a pure enforcer.
Plus his name is Payne.

"Bring on the Payne!"

Old
02-29-2012, 07:42 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

@ChoseLa, Wilson is the complete package of grit, hitting and fighting. The reason he's not a top 10 pick is that his offense is considered low-end and may just end up a Neil type player as opposed a top 6 forward like Lucic.

Either way, it's on my summer xmas list.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Et le But

I don't think you can find a Lucic type player easily. Let's not forget few people expected Lucic to be a 30 goalscorer. Obviously bruisers with offensive upside are very valuable, but all these teams picking "the new Lucic" in the first round and expecting Lucic-like numbers might be in for a rude awakening. I wouldn't be surprised if Biggs ends up more like Neil than Lucic - not a bad thing, but another guy who might be a victim of the Toronto hype machine.

Obviously I'd love prospects like that in the system, but not as a top pick.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
ChoseLa

I already knew about Dalton Thrower and Tom Wilson, i just want to see how many good fighters with NHL potential will come out of the later rounds. Dalton Thrower is the most interesting of the two, he has better upside, still Wilson is a better player than Biggs who was taken early in the last draft so i don't think we a shot at him. If we end up with a top-3 pick it's still very possible that we can take Dalton Thrower.

After those two is there any good fighter who have NHL potential, and can bring something else than fighting?

Old
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

All right, let's pretend that Yakupov is going 1st overall and we have the 2nd overall pick, since we are debating for a while now on who to pick at this year's draft, can we make another poll?

Choices:

1) Mikhail Grigorenko
2) Filip Forsberg
3) Alex Galchenyuk

It's a tough choice, I have always thought highly of Grigorenko, and still am. He's the big center we need and that we don't have, with such great hockey sense and IQ. Plays for Patrick Roy doesn't hurt him at all. However, it's the other two prospects that intrigues me the most. Therefore, I would pick, the player that I have always thought had the best upside in all the draft:

Alex Galchenyuk - 2nd overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. I'd go up the podium and wouldn't regret my pick at all.

Who do you guys pick?

Mods..can we make a poll please?

Old
02-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
All right, let's pretend that Yakupov is going 1st overall and we have the 2nd overall pick, since we are debating for a while now on who to pick at this year's draft, can we make another poll?

Choices:

1) Mikhail Grigorenko
2) Filip Forsberg
3) Alex Galchenyuk

It's a tough choice, I have always thought highly of Grigorenko, and still am. He's the big center we need and that we don't have, with such great hockey sense and IQ. Plays for Patrick Roy doesn't hurt him at all. However, it's the other two prospects that intrigues me the most. Therefore, I would pick, the player that I have always thought had the best upside in all the draft:

Alex Galchenyuk - 2nd overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. I'd go up the podium and wouldn't regret my pick at all.

Who do you guys pick?

I'd like see either a d-man or two in the poll or just a generic top d-man added to the poll. I'm leaning more to taking a d-man instead of a centre.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd like see either a d-man or two in the poll or just a generic top d-man added to the poll. I'm leaning more to taking a d-man instead of a centre.
Then we should add:

4) Jacob Trouba
5) Ryan Murray
6) Mathew Dumba

Old
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post

Choices:

1) Mikhail Grigorenko
2) Filip Forsberg
3) Alex Galchenyuk

Who do you guys pick?

Now that we are top 3 I think we can safly remove Forsberg, I don't think he is at the same level as the others.

Personally I will be happy with either of Grigorenko and Galchenyuk because a few months ago I believed we had no chance at them and now they are almost in our laps.

The dream is if Columbus passes on Yakupov, stranger things have happened. I am going to sneak into Howsons room and say "Yakupov is Filatov!" into his ear while he is sleeping. You can all thank me later

Old
02-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Now that we are top 3 I think we can safly remove Forsberg, I don't think he is at the same level as the others.

Personally I will be happy with either of Grigorenko and Galchenyuk because a few months ago I believed we had no chance at them and now they are almost in our laps.

The dream is if Columbus passes on Yakupov, stranger things have happened. I am going to sneak into Howsons room and say "Yakupov is Filatov!" into his ear while he is sleeping. You can all thank me later
I don't agree with you. If we make the poll, the big 3 after Yakupov have to be there. I don't know if you have read in this thread, but a lot of HFmembers are considering picking Forsberg over Grigorenko. The poll should include every possibility.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Beakermania*

You can get a scrapper who can skate and has no hands in the 4th round, no reason to waste a late first or early second on a Tom Wilson if you don't think his offence will translate.

Also gotta think cap wise here.

I can sign a Prust or Moen for 1.5-2 million as a UFA and that is what wilson is (if we say he won't develop offence). However talented guys are more expensive. I'd rather try to draft a patches or a Subban so I'm getting massive savings when they are in my lineup as 22-23 year olds than taking a third liner who won't be saving you so much.

If Scouts believe Wilson tops out as a guy with no hands, I wouldn't use a high pick on him.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Protest the Hero

Lucic wasn't exatly lighting it up offensively before he was drafted, 9 goals in the BCHL, and then 9 in the WHL in his draft year.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'd pick Grigorenko number 2. I think no matter what you've got high point producing center, which is a hot commodity.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I already knew about Dalton Thrower and Tom Wilson, i just want to see how many good fighters with NHL potential will come out of the later rounds. Dalton Thrower is the most interesting of the two, he has better upside, still Wilson is a better player than Biggs who was taken early in the last draft so i don't think we a shot at him. If we end up with a top-3 pick it's still very possible that we can take Dalton Thrower.

After those two is there any good fighter who have NHL potential, and can bring something else than fighting?
Scott Laughton is a 2nd round-rated scrapper with good skill. Could be worth a look. He's not really big though.

Ben Thomson is having a good year for Kitchener, not sure he has much upside though. He's shown he's more than an enforcer this year, as he's put up some decent points on the for the Rangers (I think he's been riding shotgun with Catenacci, but would need someone to verify that). He's been passed over last year if I'm not mistaken and he's not ranked.

Heard from Plymouth hasn't been drafted, but he's had 2 really good seasons.

Payne I've already mentionned.

Anyone who has insight in the W could probably give more. I know Lukas Sutter is a good one, can't remember where he's ranked, but I assume he's going 2nd-3rd round.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
HabsSlappy

Yeah I think people are forgetting how good Grigorenko was before his ankle injury which still seems to be bothering him. That being said, I am interested to see what Galchenyuk can do when he comes back.

Closed Thread