HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-Edm

Old
02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
We could have signed Belanger. He was one of those guys who were "not good enough for our money", remember? I wouldn't mind having him but if Bowman wouldn't sign him, I doubt he would trade for him, although it would be encouraging for him to admit to his mistakes for once.
I think the one thing with Belanger was he probably wasn't getting too many 3 year offers. I think there were probably quite a few offers on the table, but only 1 year deals.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Do you even watch the games? You're singing Petrell's and now Lander's praises. At least Petrell scores at a rate that doesn't make him a liability as a 4th line forward in the NHL, more than I can say for Lander. Lander is getting a regular "at bat" and is hitting below the Mendoza line...badly, to use a baseball analogy. So even if Lander were playing stellar defense (he's not), his lack of production makes him a liability. But on top of that, he is outchanced at outshot at even strength, against mostly 4th line opposition, at about 2 chances and shots against, for every 1 chance or shot for. That's BAD, and when coupled with his inability to produce or win a face-off, it's bad to epic proportions. Just because he can be an adequate PKer doesn't negate everything he cannot do.

That said, his pedigree in Sweden, in a pretty damn good league, suggests to me that there is hope, and I've liked some flashes of his play in the NHL. So I think he remains a nice looking prospect, but he's far from a capable NHLer right now.
Frolik is 24 is in his 5th NHL season and has had top 6 opportunities to show what he's got while Lander is 20 going on 21 and is in his 1st NHL season while playing on the 4th line exclusively.
There is no comparison right now, Frolik is entering bust territory while Lander is just scratching the surface. It would be a horrible trade to give Lander up for Frolik, i'm surprised that any Oiler fan would even entertain this.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
giza

Not sure why anyone would come up with it, but it sounds decent. Frolik can play wing or center, is defensively sound and has scored 20+ goals in his career. Hawks could use a Belanger type for the 2nd/or 3rd center line.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I wanted Belanger in the off season. He was near the top of my list. Would love him on the third line.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
dnicks17

From Oil Change, it sounded like Belanger chose Edmonton because of the three year deal and it almost sounded like he was assured he'd be there for the full term too.

I don't think Tambo would trade him. Especially this year.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Beerfish

Quick question for Hawk fans, how untouchable is Seabrook? (Thinking of a bigger deal here.)

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:11 PM
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
Rookie User

why in the world would you offer lander for frolik?
i actually dont mind the belanger for frolik.
start him on the 3rd line with the likes of horcoff, maybe smyth, give him so PP time.

lander can penalty kill just as good as belanger, maybe he cant win as many faceoffs, but he has more heart, actually has an offensive upside, and doesnt kill every offensive play upon touching the puck.

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Not interested in frolik.

SephF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Quick question for Hawk fans, how untouchable is Seabrook? (Thinking of a bigger deal here.)
can get him for Smid, Hall + RNH

In other words, no thank you. He is a Top 20 DMan in the NHL and you have no player that would interest us that much to trade him. We could not replace him. Seabrook is untouchable

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
MessierII

Id rather wait till Frolik is a full on reclaimation project and just get him for free. Hawks feel like trying Barker again? I'd do Barker for Frolik.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Frolik is the best winger on the Hawks.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
No thanks. Edmonton has needed a decent PKer and faceoff guy for a long time. The only beef I have with Belanger is how the coach uses him. If he would be used in the role he's best at, I would have no issues with him.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
ponokanocker

From Chicago fans, what has happened to this player? He looked promising in Florida.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 06:47 PM
russ99

What about Eager and a mid-level pick for Lepisto? That would help both teams.

russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Roof Daddy

How about swapping goalies:

Khabby for Crawford, 3rd '13?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
From Chicago fans, what has happened to this player? He looked promising in Florida.
Well his D/PK ability have improved and he tries out there on ice in offensive zone but his offensive game has vanished off face of earth and he has been playing almost exclusively a 3rd line/4th line role here in Chicago outside of the odd top 6 chance

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
What about Eager and a mid-level pick for Lepisto? That would help both teams.
No thanks. We don't need bottom pairing dmen. We have enough of those as is. We need top 4 guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
How about swapping goalies:

Khabby for Crawford, 3rd '13?
I still think this is an idea that could work well. Having a Crawford/Dubnyk tandem would buy us enough time to see if any of our young guys are going to develop into a #1 or not

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I still think this is an idea that could work well. Having a Crawford/Dubnyk tandem would buy us enough time to see if any of our young guys are going to develop into a #1 or not
My thoughts exactly. I see Dubie re-upping at about 1.1 per on a 2 yr deal. So he and Crawford would be signed for the same amount of time with their combined cap hit being roughly the hit Khabby carries.

For the Hawks, they get a guy they're familiar with, having a better season, with a far better playoff resume. And his contract is a year shorter (albeit a mil more). This means they can go goalie shopping in the 2013 UFA period when we could potentially see Backstrom, Thomas, Lehtonen, Howard, Quick and Mike Smith available. (Not to say they couldn't go UFA shopping regardless, but Crawford as a 2.67mil backup certainly doesn't make it any easier).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote