Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anaheim Ducks @ Minnesota Wild 6.30pm CST "The Valentine Edition"

Old
02-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Bullrun

vCash: 500
this might have been the loss that ends all playoff hopes...

time to lose?

Bullrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Did you watch the game? Because judging from your post you didn't see more than 20 seconds of it. I mean, get on the team's case when they play like **** but to post something like this after tonight's game?
I did see most of it and yes I know we played a pretty good and competitive game. I don't care though. This team is still garbage with no offense, no defense, and inconsistent goaltending. I'll wait until this off-season to see who we draft with our lottery pick before I get excited again.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dee Oh Cee

it's so sick how the last whatever games have been like this...score 1 goal early don't score again.

Dee Oh Cee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OpRedDawn*

Lose every game except the game on the 26th vs the Sharks. Best outcome for me

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:03 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Granlund View Post
So, after tonight's loss coupled with the epic meltdown against Nashville, does anyone else feel that Harding's value is crumbling?

Snake-bitten perhaps?
I think everyone's value is crumbling. Have you seen Backs lately? Both goalies are playing like crap. And the rest of the Motley Crew is struggling as well.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
So, after tonight's loss coupled with the epic meltdown against Nashville, does anyone else feel that Harding's value is crumbling?

Snake-bitten perhaps?
Harding played well tonight so no, tonight's game will not hurt his trade value at all.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:04 PM
651*

Quote:

Snake-bitten perhaps?
They should have already moved Harding before all this mess. Hackett did fine. They could have gotten a good player(s) in return. I honestly don't really care what happens from here on out this season, but I will support them.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Dampland

Poppy Montgomery ......Can't tell if I like the red hair or blond hair better?

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:05 PM
651*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Harding played well tonight so no, tonight's game will not hurt his trade value at all.
He did play lights out, aside from the short sider. He did play very well.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:07 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Two losses to Columbus this week, second blown third-period lead in seven games, five game losing streak, third home loss in a row... bag skate the **** out of these quitters.

What a bunch of failures. I don't give a **** if the season's over and it's too late to change anything. There is and always has been a culture of being OK with losing, and it needs to stop now. Make a statement––not just that they're going to show some goddamned respect to the fans, but that this crap isn't going to be tolerated, say, next year, when we have a fresh start and a more talented roster.

I also still think they should do a bag skate that's open to the public for viewing. Try and make it up to the fans who spend so much to see this garbage. I've still got tickets to five more games and that investment of several hundred dollars is looking pretty ****ing stupid right now.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Mikael Granlund
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I think everyone's value is crumbling. Have you seen Backs lately? Both goalies are playing like crap. And the rest of the Motley Crew is struggling as well.
I was talking about Harding specifically because I view him as one of the Wild's best possible pieces to use in a trade.

Mikael Granlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:

Snake-bitten perhaps?
i think he's just being exposed for what he is. people here have always been way too high on him...and naturally as the deadline approaches it's easier for his value to go down than up. he could have had a brilliant game and it wouldn't make as much difference as letting that goal in. He's young, he's got potential to be very good, but I'd be amazed if he were ever considered a top 10 goalie in the league at any point in his career. It could have been worse tonight, but our D (for once) bailed out the goalie a couple times early.
long story short: it hurt his trade value a little. saw what you get with him: some great saves, some weak goals. I think it would be worth it still for someone to tag him as a 1A/1B goalie with a not so solid veteran.

If there's a bright side, I think Zidlickys value went up. Had a good game.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Two losses to Columbus this week, second blown third-period lead in seven games, five game losing streak, third home loss in a row... bag skate the **** out of these quitters.

What a bunch of failures. I don't give a **** if the season's over and it's too late to change anything. There is and always has been a culture of being OK with losing, and it needs to stop now. Make a statement––not just that they're going to show some goddamned respect to the fans, but that this crap isn't going to be tolerated, say, next year, when we have a fresh start and a more talented roster.

I also still think they should do a bag skate that's open to the public for viewing. Try and make it up to the fans who spend so much to see this garbage. I've still got tickets to five more games and that investment of several hundred dollars is looking pretty ****ing stupid right now.
Why wait until tomorrow's practice for a bag skate? Do it right after the game and humiliate these ****ers in front of their own fans. I'd laugh my ass off if I was there and Yeo made em' do that. It's probably better that I'm not there though or Schultz and Zidlicky might get some glass bottles thrown in their faces, breaking some bones and shards of glass cutting their faces wide open.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:12 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
you seriously must be on a crank bender.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Why wait until tomorrow's practice for a bag skate? Do it right after the game and humiliate these ****ers in front of their own fans. I'd laugh my ass off if I was there and Yeo made em' do that. It's probably better that I'm not there though or Schultz and Zidlicky might get some glass bottles thrown in their faces, breaking some bones and shards of glass cutting their faces wide open.
Old time hockey

Old
651*

I thought the Wild played damn good tonight. Just Hiller was a wall, period. They hustled and they just do not know how to get some ugly garbage goal bounces to go their way.

Their performance (effort) tonight was: B+

Old
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i think he's just being exposed for what he is. people here have always been way too high on him...and naturally as the deadline approaches it's easier for his value to go down than up. he could have had a brilliant game and it wouldn't make as much difference as letting that goal in. He's young, he's got potential to be very good, but I'd be amazed if he were ever considered a top 10 goalie in the league at any point in his career. It could have been worse tonight, but our D (for once) bailed out the goalie a couple times early.
long story short: it hurt his trade value a little. saw what you get with him: some great saves, some weak goals. I think it would be worth it still for someone to tag him as a 1A/1B goalie with a not so solid veteran.

If there's a bright side, I think Zidlickys value went up. Had a good game.
Not only that but Ruutu's off the market.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Never said it had to be tomorrow. I just want there to be video.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
you seriously must be on a crank bender.
I fail to see how 2 goals on 25 shots is a poor performance. Yeah he let in a goal he shouldn't have but I'm pretty sure we as Wild fans are use to that by now. It's still better than Backstrom's performance against Columbus in which there were 3 goals on just 19 shots. Well one of em' was an empty netter though so. . .

Old
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
I fail to see how 2 goals on 25 shots is a poor performance. Yeah he let in a goal he shouldn't have but I'm pretty sure we as Wild fans are use to that by now. It's still better than Backstrom's performance against Columbus in which there were 3 goals on just 19 shots.
unlike backstrom who got murdered by shots off rebounds, harding was saved a few times by good plays (edit: by defensemen) while he was way out of position. he's an aggressive goalie. it's ironic that the bad goal he let in was while he was in position.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
unlike backstrom who got murdered by shots off rebounds, harding was saved a few times by good plays (edit: by defensemen) while he was way out of position. he's an aggressive goalie. it's ironic that the bad goal he let in was while he was in position.
I forgot to mention that one of Backs' goals against Columbus was an empty netter btw.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

who came out of the terrier group on top?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
I fail to see how 2 goals on 25 shots is a poor performance. Yeah he let in a goal he shouldn't have but I'm pretty sure we as Wild fans are use to that by now. It's still better than Backstrom's performance against Columbus in which there were 3 goals on just 19 shots. Well one of em' was an empty netter though so. . .
At least the net stayed on its feet posts unlike Backstrom who goes down and STAYS down.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
who came out of the terrier group on top?
Can't remember but not the Airedale nor Wire Fox Terrier.

EDIT: It was the Kerry Blue Terrier.

Last edited by GopherState: 02-14-2012 at 09:36 PM.
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
LemaireisGOD

My take...

http://stateofhockeynews.com/2012-ar...-anaducks.html

Its like the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friend. The same refrain, we can't score enough and the team plays fairly well (except in terms of putting shots on goal) and its another loss. Kris Foucault looked pretty rough in his NHL debut. Anyone who wants to make a big time positive impression on this team; one little piece of advice. SHOOT THE PUCK. You do that, you're more valuable than most of the team. Zidlicky wasn't that bad tonight, I'd even argue he was their best defenseman tonight. Scandella wasn't bad in his first game back too. Aeros lost as well. It won't be any easier when Winnipeg comes to town (and they'll be bringing a lot of fans too). I have a full game recap and prospect updates on Haula, Phillips and Coyle. Enjoy!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote