HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In which PK gets spoiled.

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
They did. They depart in 90 days. Granted, we may all be getting it sooner or later... so I'm rather shocked by it all.
Kodak used to do it in reverse order.

One week there would be a front page article in the D&C about Kodak's sizable bonuses.

A few weeks later there would be a front page article in the D&C about Kodak's impending layoffs.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Stayed at the Ladera for 4 nights, found the mood/atmosphere/food to be amazing. We were literally sandwiched between the two Pitons and had an empty, yet wonderful beach at the base of the hill.

We also stayed at the Sandals Regency for 3 nights and found it underwhelming -- especially the food. But that may have more to do with the Ladera being so amazing and less to do with the quality of the Sandals itself (our room at the Regency was top notch). I think there are two other Sandals on the island too, if I recall correctly.

Thinking about the East Winds Inn for our next stay/anniversary.

But if you and your hubby are there when we go, drinks are on us for sure.
Ah, we stayed at the Regency and didn't mind the food, but we were certainly more focused on the swim up bars and the room (which was fabulous).

The Ladera looks gorgeous. We snorkeled between the Pitons, and although it was fun, there were TONS of jellyfish. I got stung three times. Clock likes to tell the story about how our snorkel adventure got cut short when he heard me screaming in the water and looked over and saw me surrounded by jellyfish. He knew it was time to go back to shore.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:39 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Have you experienced the "arrow stuck in your character" stuff? The kids got a good laugh out of one of mine who was sporting the classic Steve Martin look with an arrow sticking out of the side of his helmet for some time.
I had a huge ice spike stuck through my shoulder for an entire level. Only time I've played consistently in 3rd person, simply because it was hilarious. It looked like I was triple wielding

Also, I haven't lost a lot of weight this year yet but dating back to last June I'm down about 40 pounds to 240. Goal is 200 by the end of this year (although I'll be happy with 215, really). More importantly I can do 10 minute miles again over a sustained (4-5 mile) run. My knees don't like it, though

Old
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Ah, we stayed at the Regency and didn't mind the food, but we were certainly more focused on the swim up bars and the room (which was fabulous).

The Ladera looks gorgeous. We snorkeled between the Pitons, and although it was fun, there were TONS of jellyfish. I got stung three times. Clock likes to tell the story about how our snorkel adventure got cut short when he heard me screaming in the water and looked over and saw me surrounded by jellyfish. He knew it was time to go back to shore.
The Ladera is gorgeous. Funny thing is, each room has only three walls, with the fourth wall removed to afford an outstanding view of the valley and Pitons. Each bed was draped in mosquito netting, which I had never seen before and found to be quite novel. More importantly, the netting is there for a reason, which I figured out the next morning after St. Lucia's legion of mosquitoes decided to feast on my delicious body for the night.

By chance, we met a travel writer for AAA magazine at the Ladera who invited us on this sweet yacht for a day of snorkeling (first time for that, too). The only condition was we had to pose for pictures for the magazine article he was writing. My wife is smoking hot -- I, however, am not, so I found the whole modeling thing to be quite funny.

Good times and good memories all around.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:14 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
mmmmmmmm chiddy leaked
I've heard plenty of euphemisms for the rear end...but chiddy?

And you should probably get that checked out.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Old
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Clock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
The Ladera is gorgeous. Funny thing is, each room has only three walls, with the fourth wall removed to afford an outstanding view of the valley and Pitons. Each bed was draped in mosquito netting, which I had never seen before and found to be quite novel. More importantly, the netting is there for a reason, which I figured out the next morning after St. Lucia's legion of mosquitoes decided to feast on my delicious body for the night.
Sold, we're going in a few years now.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
The fine early spring morning has turned into a drizzling mid-November day out there. Wrong time to take a walk.

02-21-2012, 04:38 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
My kids watch this quite a bit on netflix. They are obsessed with Mario.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
My kids watch this quite a bit on netflix. They are obsessed with Mario.
Didn't know it was on Netflix! I was going to look later honestly because I got a sudden urge to watch it earlier.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
The title of that yt video is wrong. It was the Super Mario Bros SUPER Show.

I freaking loved that show.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Being glitter cat is a cosmically funny experience

Old
02-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
I've heard plenty of euphemisms for the rear end...but chiddy?

And you should probably get that checked out.

LDS loves anal examinations - don't be fooled.

He's saved my ass more than once.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
I always laugh when I see "cougar den".
Strange. I salivate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Congrats

Um ... What's super Sunday 2012? Sorry for the ignorance.
A. The next morning after a successful "night hunt" in the cougar den?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Checking in with glitter cat, our proverbial feline gets an invite to a party from the aforementioned friend. May check it out, nothing to lose.
Quote:
What a ****ing mistake that was.
Quote:
Dude was very forward, very handsy, and very smashed by the time I got there. No thanks
Quote:
Being glitter cat is a cosmically funny experience
Still struggling with understanding all this, on multiple levels. First, I have no idea the context of glitter cat. Second, (and I'm too lazy to check the "introduce yourself" thread), but I honestly don't know if you're a guy or a woman (not that it matters), but it confuses me as to how to read your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
ALSO, the wife just told me to focus on looking around the Rochester // Webster area for jobs. I'm looking for IT work, obviously, in an educational setting if possible. If I'm able to get something, she and the kids would stay here in MA until our condo sells and I would commute to my job and stay with relatives in Orchard Park.

That opens up the radius a bit, so if anybody has any in roads to something 1) between Rochester and Buffalo; 2) Rochester//Webster area or 3) commutable from R // W [not sure how far it is from there to some of the north-of-Buffalo suburbs], PLEASE let me know. My resume is very solid imo and I can get it to anybody who has any connections within a few hours.

For those who read it, thanks for reading my wall of text. For those who didn't...you're on notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Webster would be a long commute from Buffalo. That's like, way on the other side of Rochester.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Lockport would be a pain to commute from Rochester though. You either have to on 78 or 290/990/263/78. 290/90 interchange in rush hour is always bad. And 78 is slow as hell given the distance to travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Take 104 and come down instead. Still a bear from Webster, but that was always smooth sailing for me when I had to make those trips.
Beech beat me to it, but I echo the 104 recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
Just wanted to update, my buddy finished 3rd for a 31K payout, all from a $55 super satellite.
Awesome. Hoping he spreads a little wealth your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
so when the boyfriend of the chick you're banging checks your background because he's "worried about her safety", is it just plain stupid or ridiculous?

I loled tbh

and yes I went in 1 week from to
Boyfriend, or boy friend? If boyfriend, I think you may need to either worry about YOUR safety, or figure he's going to ask to join in. If boy friend, well, I guess she has good friends.
(and Good for you, Duds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Depends. Right now my current employer is deciding if they want to transfer me up to Toronto or not. It was my recommendation and they seem to be OK with it, but I don't know for sure if that's happening. If it doesn't, I'll be heading to Seattle. Toronto would obviously be a hell of a lot easier, but I'm more than happy with either one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
That's what I was thinking of doing, but those cubes are kind of pricey. The quotes I've gotten were around $1700-2000 delivered on both ends.
Seems right. I may have a car hauled halfway cross country, all 4 wheels up, (1450-1500mi) for $1000+/-$200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Alright Weight loss people, how is everyone doing?

Down 18.6 lbs so far in around 5 weeks. Just passed the 5% of my starting body weight.

Congrats, but I can do math and no freaking way you were even close to that starting weight when I met you this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I'm down to 194lbs. I need to readjust my eating as I'm still dropping weight but I don't want to cut back on my workouts, however nothing tastes good or seem appealing anymore. I saw Dolores for the 1st time in about 10months the other day and she was shocked at how much weight I have lost. Since my surgery last year I'm down 40ish pounds and wearing 28" waist jeans from the 32" I used to wear.

Haven't posted much lately as I've been lubbed up, so between that and working out a few hours a day I've been a tad bit occupied.
Good to hear!!

=================
FYI, I spent the w/e in the Alleghenies south of Bradford, then checked out friends' kids holiday weekend hockey tournament at Brighton arena next to the 290 / Brompton Golf Dome, then flew out of BUF Sun evening. WHERE HAS THE BUFFALO WINTER GONE !!!! No snow. Even at Holiday Valley / E'Ville there wasn't much.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Still struggling with understanding all this, on multiple levels. First, I have no idea the context of glitter cat. Second, (and I'm too lazy to check the "introduce yourself" thread), but I honestly don't know if you're a guy or a woman (not that it matters), but it confuses me as to how to read your posts.

Glitter cat is the av, which apparently BTT thinks is a better moniker than FSE, though not a pun. And last time I checked I had a Y chromosome.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

Glitter cat is the av, which apparently BTT thinks is a better moniker than FSE, though not a pun. And last time I checked I had a Y chromosome.
You better check again, it may have changed.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:43 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:

As a character, Glitter Cat is a better moniker. And man, that avy is just so great.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

True dat. Amazing what "worst GIF avatars" will get you on google.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post

Boyfriend, or boy friend? If boyfriend, I think you may need to either worry about YOUR safety, or figure he's going to ask to join in. If boy friend, well, I guess she has good friends.
(and Good for you, Duds)
nope real boyfriend, who is a total ********* which makes this whole situation much more enjoyable.

the most hilarious thing is that she knows I could make her happy (without me ever saying anything about wanting to do that), there are no feelings for him there but she can't give him up, because it would hurt him and his family (note2: never have I talked about wanting more from her than sex)

I was sitting there listening to that crap thinking: mmmkay could you please get undressed?

Old
02-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
True dat. Amazing what "worst GIF avatars" will get you on google.
I like the avatar. It goes well with my glitter skates.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:57 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
As a character, Glitter Cat is a better moniker. And man, that avy is just so great.
Indeed. Glitter Cat is a great moniker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
I was sitting there listening to that crap thinking: mmmkay could you please get undressed?

That's something right out of a movie.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Afino
The Juice

Sick kids suck

Old
02-22-2012, 08:15 AM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
Sick kids suck
Agreed. Both of mine had some nasty stomach bug yesterday, although the 7 year old seems much better this morning. My little 3 year old is still sleeping, but was doing better before she passed out at midnight. Fortunately I have Tuesday afternoon and Wed. all day off this week.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:51 AM
cybresabre
desire = √suffering

vCash: 1132
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
That's something right out of a movie.
"From Dud to Stud"

Old
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
"From Dud to Stud"
subtitled: Nocturnal Adventures in the Den of the Cougar.

Closed Thread