HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ladouceur having a hard time with Gomez during today's practice

Old
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Du piquant RT:@L_A_theRiver: EXCLUSIVE: Scott Gomez' agent,Ian Pulver,will address client's current situation in MTL on TVA Sports at 10PM

like i said the start of the end....................
Fearless prediction: "He likes it in Montreal, doesn't want to leave, and just wants to do whatever he can to help the team win."

MathMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Fearless prediction: "He likes it in Montreal, doesn't want to leave, and just wants to do whatever he can to help the team win."
And whats wrong with that ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
He means the address will be pretty much nothing crazy and hopes of him wanting out are pretty much slim to none.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:06 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Yell at a young player, young player talks back = Young player needs to mature up.
Yell at a veteran player, veteran player talks back = Coach needs to be smarter.

Accountability. That is what Ladouceur and Cunneyworth are all about. That is why, despite the Habs needing a goal in the third period last night, Kostitsyn found himself glued to the bench. That is why when Subban makes a mistake, he gets an ear-ful. They're not handling little children with bruised feelings. They're all men. If you want to fool around at practice, be prepared to get yelled at. Hell I even went through that playing Bantam hockey.
Exactly.

They are all paid, very well paid to be PROFESSIONAL players.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Absolutely nothing at all. Just that it isn't hard to predict what the agent will say and it's hardly going to be groundbreaking.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Bieber fever

wow **** you ladouceur you are a complete failure , who the **** do you think you are??? He's yelling at playing and destroying the good mood when you don't even have a chance to make the playoff ....he's such a dumbass ,i can't wait this ****er is out of montreal. Ladouceur doesn't even speak french

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Yell at a young player, young player talks back = Young player needs to mature up.
Yell at a veteran player, veteran player talks back = Coach needs to be smarter.

Accountability. That is what Ladouceur and Cunneyworth are all about. That is why, despite the Habs needing a goal in the third period last night, Kostitsyn found himself glued to the bench. That is why when Subban makes a mistake, he gets an ear-ful. They're not handling little children with bruised feelings. They're all men. If you want to fool around at practice, be prepared to get yelled at. Hell I even went through that playing Bantam hockey.
As MathMan said, there's a lot of inconsistency in the ''accountability'' this coaching staff is portraying.
There's also timing to consider. I have no problem with Gomez getting yelled at. I don't really agree with an assistant coach doing this in public, in front of the whole team, but there's not much you can defend Gomez for.
But I still don't believe Gomez and AK should be the two least used forwards in a game that is ''must-win'', especially when Palushaj and 7 Dmen are dressed.

Kostitsyn wasn't just glued to the bench in the third. He had played 2 shifts after the 1st period. I mean, really, accountability? Other players when paired with Gomez did nothing, yet they weren't benched.
But all that could be put aside and ignored if this wasn't a ''must-win'' situation. What's the point of risking to lose, just to hope that AK will rise up and become Super AK? We've seen it before with AK, it just doesn't work. The man is a streaky player, freaking live with it, don't act surprised. If he's so hated, then why is he here?
It reminds me of when Carbo benched Kovalev in the dying seconds of the last game versus the Leafs. There's just absolutely no point to it.
It's just dumb, but even more so, it's absolutely unwarranted.

As for screaming at them, I don't think veterans respond well to humiliation.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
wow **** you ladouceur you are a complete failure , who the **** do you think you are??? He's yelling at playing and destroying the good mood when you don't even have a chance to make the playoff ....he's such a dumbass ,i can't wait this ****er is out of montreal. Ladouceur doesn't even speak french
The emo Habs fan, in a nutshell

I think you covered all of the crazy in one go. Well done.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

I'd prefer they'd be about winning...

after winning four straight, you NEED a goal to tie the game... you keep playing Darche, on a 4 on 4 even... and let a guy like AK rot on the bench ?

well, I dont care if he deserved to be on the ice or not, that's bullcrap anyway... On the ice I want guys that can win you games with a single wrister or a slapper, not ones that that scores 5 a year on a good year, even if they have a perfect workethic and all...

if you want accountability, it has to go both ways, and putting your least talented forward on the ice, with few minutes left in a game you're trailing by 1... well, that's retarded...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Serious HABit

can't wait till this mess of a season is over

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Bob in Niagara

Me too....I personally cannot wait to rid this team of Gomez one way or another...it is getting ridiculous already....what a disgrace this guy is...and poor moody Andrei....boo hoo....if you screw up three times in 4 shifts you don't play....not too difficult to understand....

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:44 PM
smon

Quote:
He means the address will be pretty much nothing crazy and hopes of him wanting out are pretty much slim to none.
Let's say he says he wants out. He should probably ask Sheldon Souray how that went. Talk about awkward...

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:48 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

I cant stand Ladouceur

He has issues

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:51 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I cant stand Ladouceur

He has issues
The guy knows he won't be back next season. he won't have to deal with this bunch of lazy players (not all of course).

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Du piquant RT:@L_A_theRiver: EXCLUSIVE: Scott Gomez' agent,Ian Pulver,will address client's current situation in MTL on TVA Sports at 10PM

like i said the start of the end....................
and?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
and?
Something like "He loves it here and wants to do well"....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:29 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Something like "He loves it here and wants to do well"....
Same thing Cammalleri said...KINDA!!!

As for Kostistinkin....let him rot on the bench!! He plays when he feels like it and doesn't command anywhere near where he is getting paid now!! Trade him...and hey...this should satisfy everyone who grunts about an english coach...trade him for a batch or "How to Learn Francais" dvd's.....we still may have to throw in a few rolls of tape to get that deal done!

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Same thing Cammalleri said...KINDA!!!

As for Kostistinkin....let him rot on the bench!! He plays when he feels like it and doesn't command anywhere near where he is getting paid now!! Trade him...and hey...this should satisfy everyone who grunts about an english coach...trade him for a batch or "How to Learn Francais" dvd's.....we still may have to throw in a few rolls of tape to get that deal done!
yeah so Connie can play Darche 25 min a game!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Hugo Sham

who gives a **** what pulver is going to say? Gomez has done nothing in two years for his agent to say anything. he wants out? great, habs have been trying to deal him for two years to no avail.

pulver is also scammaleri's agent btw

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:24 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

When we had Martin and Pearn behind the bench, people were constantly *****ing and moaning because they barely ever showed any emotion. Now we have Ladouceur who clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and people have the audacity to say that he's a fat ass with issues? What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 02-14-2012 at 11:32 PM.
PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:31 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
When we had Martin and Pearn behind the bench, people were constantly *****ing moaning because they barely ever showed any emotion. Now we have Ladouceur who clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and people have the audacity to say that he's a fat ass with issues? What the hell is wrong with you guys?
Different people complaining mostly?

Old
02-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
When we had Martin and Pearn behind the bench, people were constantly *****ing and moaning because they barely ever showed any emotion. Now we have Ladouceur who clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and people have the audacity to say that he's a fat ass with issues? What the hell is wrong with you guys?
WELCOME TO MONTRÉAL!!!

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:51 PM
number 11

good to see a tough coach telling it like it is. even the vets need reminders to step up their game once in a while.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Video of the incident:

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Video of the incident:

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/
Haha, I find it funny. Ladouceur is not very doux tho.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote