HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2012, 09:43 PM
  #1
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,034
vCash: 50
Awards:
The Out of Town Thread part XXXII (All non Habs related news here)

Continue here.

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
  #2
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,046
vCash: 500
Feel like punching the people who are blaming management for Grabovski. Everyone in this city was glad he was gone, just like they were glad Sergei was gone, like they were glad when Lapierre was traded, and same thing about Latendresse and some would say the same about Ribeiro. I liked each and every one of them because they showed talent. People in Montreal always jump on players because of their attitude or if they don't correspond to "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. After his successful debut with the Habs and his decent playoffs, playing with his brother and Plekanec during the playoffs, people pegged Sergei for a 60-70pts season, maybe even hitting 80 points. Didn't take them long to turn on him. I acknowledge he played his way out of the city with his antics, but don't tell me he wouldn't have grown out of his ego.

Case in point, people are asking for Plekanec to be traded because he's struggled for a long stretch. Asking for Subban to be traded because he's a cancer. The same people will ***** in the future about management trading them if they ever do. I'm generalizing by pointing fingers everywhere and absolving myself of all blame, but I'll ****ing do it anyways because I'm so sick of idiots in the media/at work/at school that pile on our guys rather than support them, and then act all hypocritical when things backfire (regarding trades).

/rant /vent

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  #3
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But Grabs was soooooo disruptive.....And he doesn't drink milk.
I met Grabs at Opera back in his Mtl days. I remember being pretty drunk, I was telling him to ask Kovalev to be nicer and share the puck with him more. He gave me a thumbs up. Seemed like a good kid to me!

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 09:53 PM
  #4
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Blake Wheeler now crying about Subban, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Apparently he can't do anything right.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 09:54 PM
  #5
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Feel like punching the people who are blaming management for Grabovski. Everyone in this city was glad he was gone, just like they were glad Sergei was gone, like they were glad when Lapierre was traded, and same thing about Latendresse and some would say the same about Ribeiro. I liked each and every one of them because they showed talent. People in Montreal always jump on players because of their attitude or if they don't correspond to "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. After his successful debut with the Habs and his decent playoffs, playing with his brother and Plekanec during the playoffs, people pegged Sergei for a 60-70pts season, maybe even hitting 80 points. Didn't take them long to turn on him. I acknowledge he played his way out of the city with his antics, but don't tell me he wouldn't have grown out of his ego.

Case in point, people are asking for Plekanec to be traded because he's struggled for a long stretch. Asking for Subban to be traded because he's a cancer. The same people will ***** in the future about management trading them if they ever do. I'm generalizing by pointing fingers everywhere and absolving myself of all blame, but I'll ****ing do it anyways because I'm so sick of idiots in the media/at work/at school that pile on our guys rather than support them, and then act all hypocritical when things backfire (regarding trades).

/rant /vent
This is simply not true.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
  #6
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
This is simply not true.
I was glad about everyone but Lapierre. Even then I wasn't mad. I just thought they could have gotten a better return, especially since they dealt the pick back for Mara.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 10:03 PM
  #7
EveryDay
Habs Prospect
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Blake Wheeler now crying about Subban, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Apparently he can't do anything right.

Crying about what?

By the way, Cammalleri is now 2g 0a in 7G and -6

EveryDay is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 10:22 PM
  #8
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I was glad about everyone but Lapierre. Even then I wasn't mad. I just thought they could have gotten a better return, especially since they dealt the pick back for Mara.
I was indifferent about the Grabovsky trade....I did think he didn't get much of a shot but at the time I had no issue with the trade.

The Lapierre trade pissed me off because he was still a very effective player and we got rid of him because a coach who wasn't going to last anyways drove him out of town. Plus the return was awful. We still haven't replaced him either.

Ribeiro I understood the move, but didn't quite understand why Gainey moved a good centerman for a dman who was on the decline. Good centermen don't grow on trees, yet we discarded one for virtually nothing. Awful deal.

Sergei was an awful move. Martin drove away another effective player. How did Pyatt make the team ahead of him? No wonder he was pissed. Anyways, the return was pathetic.

Guillaume clashed with the caoch again...common theme isn't it? Liked him because he was one of the few guys who played physical. He also had talent and was coming off a pretty good season playing with Lapierre. The deal for Pouillot was OK.

People would not complain about these deals if they weren't just random panic moves. All of these deals..what do we have to show for them? a 5th round pick.

Ribeiro, Lapierre, Grabo, Sergei, Guillaume would all look good on this team right now.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM
  #9
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,877
vCash: 500
I disliked trading Lapierre but he wanted out. Same with Sergei, and definitely wish we traded better there.

Grabs was a bad trade but it was him or the Kostitsyn brothers and who knew he'd become as reliable as he has.

Ribeiro, another case of bad asset management but of all the names mentioned, he was the one who had to go the most. Montreal was going to destroy him, there was too many of the wrong type of people around him. Maybe he would have matured even here, but a lot could have gone wrong before that.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
  #10
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I was indifferent about the Grabovsky trade....I did think he didn't get much of a shot but at the time I had no issue with the trade.

The Lapierre trade pissed me off because he was still a very effective player and we got rid of him because a coach who wasn't going to last anyways drove him out of town. Plus the return was awful. We still haven't replaced him either.

Ribeiro I understood the move, but didn't quite understand why Gainey moved a good centerman for a dman who was on the decline. Good centermen don't grow on trees, yet we discarded one for virtually nothing. Awful deal.

Sergei was an awful move. Martin drove away another effective player. How did Pyatt make the team ahead of him? No wonder he was pissed. Anyways, the return was pathetic.

Guillaume clashed with the caoch again...common theme isn't it? Liked him because he was one of the few guys who played physical. He also had talent and was coming off a pretty good season playing with Lapierre. The deal for Pouillot was OK.

People would not complain about these deals if they weren't just random panic moves. All of these deals..what do we have to show for them? a 5th round pick.

Ribeiro, Lapierre, Grabo, Sergei, Guillaume would all look good on this team right now.
Damn... I agree with everything you said!

I don't get the management. Draft good players, not take care of them, trade them for nothing.

Then Grabovski almost score 30 goals with Leafs, Sergei with the most points in his team, Latendresse scores 25 goals in 55 goals with Wilds, Lapierre in Stanley Cup finals.. But apparently they weren't good enough, or have attitude problem, or coach doesn't like them etc.. The sad thing is that we didn't get anything in return for them.

Stradale is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 10:43 PM
  #11
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Damn... I agree with everything you said!

I don't get the management. Draft good players, not take care of them, trade them for nothing.

Then Grabovski almost score 30 goals with Leafs, Sergei with the most points in his team, Latendresse scores 25 goals in 55 goals with Wilds, Lapierre in Stanley Cup finals.. But apparently they weren't good enough, or have attitude problem, or coach doesn't like them etc.. The sad thing is that we didn't get anything in return for them.
All these players had attitude problems, yet you don't hear a peep about the "attitude" on their new teams.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 10:45 PM
  #12
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Crying about what?

By the way, Cammalleri is now 2g 0a in 7G and -6
I was watching TH2N, and they said, Wheeler said that Subban declined the fight, but then jumped him.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 11:15 PM
  #13
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 8,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I was watching TH2N, and they said, Wheeler said that Subban declined the fight, but then jumped him.
Lupul said something similar last year, but as I remember very well, he just came at him, hesitated and then moved towards Subban again to which Subban replied (paraphrasing): I'm not sure what he's going to do, obviously I'm going to defend myself if he starts throwing punches.

Dunno what happened with Wheeler, but it seems if you get in a fight with PK, it's easy to claim that you weren't ready. People will believe you.

habtastic is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 12:10 AM
  #14
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,226
vCash: 1707
something from the old thread:

"oilers will have to pick a d"

i'd bet my left nut they don't. BPA et cetera

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 12:38 AM
  #15
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 500
I was sure they would do it in 2011 by going with Larsson. I was wrong.

I hope now that they will trade Gagner, Paajarvi or Hemsky for a defenseman.

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 12:43 AM
  #16
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 50
Anaheim won so that's good.

Nicko999 is online now  
Old
02-07-2012, 01:06 AM
  #17
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Feel like punching the people who are blaming management for Grabovski. Everyone in this city was glad he was gone, just like they were glad Sergei was gone, like they were glad when Lapierre was traded, and same thing about Latendresse and some would say the same about Ribeiro. I liked each and every one of them because they showed talent. People in Montreal always jump on players because of their attitude or if they don't correspond to "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. After his successful debut with the Habs and his decent playoffs, playing with his brother and Plekanec during the playoffs, people pegged Sergei for a 60-70pts season, maybe even hitting 80 points. Didn't take them long to turn on him. I acknowledge he played his way out of the city with his antics, but don't tell me he wouldn't have grown out of his ego.

Case in point, people are asking for Plekanec to be traded because he's struggled for a long stretch. Asking for Subban to be traded because he's a cancer. The same people will ***** in the future about management trading them if they ever do. I'm generalizing by pointing fingers everywhere and absolving myself of all blame, but I'll ****ing do it anyways because I'm so sick of idiots in the media/at work/at school that pile on our guys rather than support them, and then act all hypocritical when things backfire (regarding trades).

/rant /vent

If management listened to the fans about every player, there would be none left. The Habs drafted these guys for a reason, they believed they all had potential and would all eventually help out the club, if they didnt, they would have drafted them. Therefore, there is no reason to give up on these guys so early. Ribeiro, Sergei, D'ags, Lats, Chipchura, Obyrne, Lapierre, Grabovski Pouliot etc.... all these guys were 25 and under when traded, or not resigned. It was like well give you 1-3 seasons to prove yourself, if not youre a bust and we need to move you before its too late,while settling for whatever is offered.

As Habs fans we have a mentality of "what have you done for me lately," and with those players previously mentioned, they were all failing under our requirements. However, it is unacceptable for management to have that same mentality, I have seen them too often give up on young players. It would be one thing if we were at least getting solid propsects/picks back for these guys, but were getting absolutely nothing (with the possible exception of Bournival) late picks, random players and random prospects are simply not going to cut it. Id prefer to have the guys management believed in when they were drafted rather then Janne Niniimaa, goalies who are either not even in the NHL or are free agents (ramo/ellis) ans inferior prospects (Palushaj, Boyd, Pateryn etc..)

Rgolt is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 01:14 AM
  #18
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Crying about what?

By the way, Cammalleri is now 2g 0a in 7G and -6
If only we had shopped him, imagine the superstar return we would have gotten!

I would be suprised if Edmonton didn't take a Dman but if they don't their forward group is going to be insane and they will never be able to keep them all together.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 03:33 AM
  #19
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 50
Edmonton need D...

I'll do

Subban, Weber, 2nd round pick

for

Eberle

This guy is the real deal.

Nicko999 is online now  
Old
02-07-2012, 06:12 AM
  #20
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,226
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Edmonton need D...

I'll do

Subban, Weber, 2nd round pick

for

Eberle

This guy is the real deal.
in before: too small, too soft

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 06:29 AM
  #21
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Feel like punching the people who are blaming management for Grabovski. Everyone in this city was glad he was gone, just like they were glad Sergei was gone, like they were glad when Lapierre was traded, and same thing about Latendresse and some would say the same about Ribeiro. I liked each and every one of them because they showed talent. People in Montreal always jump on players because of their attitude or if they don't correspond to "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. After his successful debut with the Habs and his decent playoffs, playing with his brother and Plekanec during the playoffs, people pegged Sergei for a 60-70pts season, maybe even hitting 80 points. Didn't take them long to turn on him. I acknowledge he played his way out of the city with his antics, but don't tell me he wouldn't have grown out of his ego.

Case in point, people are asking for Plekanec to be traded because he's struggled for a long stretch. Asking for Subban to be traded because he's a cancer. The same people will ***** in the future about management trading them if they ever do. I'm generalizing by pointing fingers everywhere and absolving myself of all blame, but I'll ****ing do it anyways because I'm so sick of idiots in the media/at work/at school that pile on our guys rather than support them, and then act all hypocritical when things backfire (regarding trades).

/rant /vent
Well go back at the time he was traded as far as I was concerned. So you remove me from the list of "being punched". I was quite alone though in the Grabovski camp with just a few others, same with SKost. Same with Lats. Though at one point, you DO come to the conclusion that it was best for the team to let them BASED ON THEIR FREAKIN INABILITY TO WORK with other guys than milk drinkers. So you need a team that fits well.....but if we would have had a management with some kind of direction and firm approach, we would have worked with those guys. We would have showed them confidence to start with 'cause they didn't deserve the treatment they got COMPARED to the guys we prefered. Both SKost and Grabs knew they were better than the spare part we used. Now, it is not the best attitude...nobody says it was....but you need to be able to recognize the talent and work with them, no matter where they were chosen in the draft. But they made big mistakes one after the other and didn't seem to learn from it. As far as Pleks and Subban, well that's 2 different cases. My take on Subban is that he needs to fix his freakin attitude but he is not to be traded unless MAJOR overpayment comes our way. Which at one point, fits for every player on this team. For Pleks, well you are not talking about a guy who should be improving that much. Not saying he,s already regressing, but you might be tempted to trade him to get something significant and different in the making of your team. Again, it's just as much what you receive than what you give. In the case of Grabs, SKost, Lats and Lappy....geez I hope Pateryn becomes a stud d-man, 'cause that's what left for those 4 players.

Now, in the end and even for the ones who were glad those punks were traded....WHO CARES? Shouldn't it be the management job to know more than we do?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 06:31 AM
  #22
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
People would not complain about these deals if they weren't just random panic moves. All of these deals..what do we have to show for them? a 5th round pick.
No. The only things left for all those players are Andrew Conboy and Greg Pateryn.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 09:38 AM
  #23
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Lupul said something similar last year, but as I remember very well, he just came at him, hesitated and then moved towards Subban again to which Subban replied (paraphrasing): I'm not sure what he's going to do, obviously I'm going to defend myself if he starts throwing punches.

Dunno what happened with Wheeler, but it seems if you get in a fight with PK, it's easy to claim that you weren't ready. People will believe you.
The lupul thing was that he was taking off his helmet and skating at subban and he was mad that PK started throwing at him. Can see both sides but realistically in every fight where guys take their lids off not many skate at the guy they are fighting while taking it off.

Pretty greasy if he declined to fight and then went at him, avery-esque. Atleast he is playing much better since his benching against detriot.

Perrah is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
  #24
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I was watching TH2N, and they said, Wheeler said that Subban declined the fight, but then jumped him.
LMAO what a friggen panzy.

subban looks at him and shakes his gloves, what language does that mean I decline the fight?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109580

I can't believe some of the crap people say about Subban. The colour guy seems to say that going for the body instaed of the puck was reason Wheeler wanted to fight...like WTF? a guy bodychecks you and it should lead to a fight? If anything it was Subban going after him for taking a swing at Gorges earlier.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
  #25
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
If you look at the CBC video on hockeyfight, they actually both shook their hands asking to drop the gloves, then Subban dropped them and went at him.

If you are not ready to fight, don't pretend like you want to. As soon as you ask, you should be ready for anything. It's not like Subban started skating away and then jumped him... Starts @ 1:00


Maverik is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.