HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Blues at Blue Jackets

Old
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
Blues at Blue Jackets

So many questions, so little interest:

1) Is Nash playing in his last game as a Blue Jacket?
2) Will Russell fight his brother?
3) Which defensemen gets hurt tonight?
4) Why is Johansen scratched yet again?
5) Will this still be interesting by the time the Buckeyes tip off?
6) How many proposals will occur on this Valentines Day?

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Matt Foley
Blue Jackets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
So many questions, so little interest:

2) Will Russell fight his brother?
My prediction: Kris and Ryan will secretly switch jerseys during the first intermission and play for their opposing teams for a period and nobody notices the difference.

Matt Foley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Still haven't attended a win since 12/13. Don't expect that to change tonight.

Not only do we seem to have no scoring touch what-so-ever, the Blues come in as one of the stingiest teams in the league when it comes to allowing goals.

Will be fun to watch the Hitchcock coached hottest team in the league, though.

Blues win 4-0, 4-1 if we luck one in.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
blahblah

Quote:
From men to their girlfriends or teams (or the aforementioned girlfriends) for (to) Nash?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:02 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Well, we're playing the Blues so I'd have to imagine that everyone there will be lonely and sullen...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Kev22

This should be renamed the "There's a game tonight" GDT. There's too many important things to talk about to worry about the game.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Blues fan, coming in peace.

Its hard to watch what's happened in Columbus. I read about the fan demonstration a while back. It seems like not that long ago Columbus and then St Louis were qualifying for the play-offs at the end of the season, and things were looking up. (2009?)

What is the local mood in Columbus regarding the team's management and future? Are people in favor of trying to move Nash?

If the revamped scouting department is really going to succeed, it would be nice to get them multiple 1st round picks to work with this season. To me, moving Carter and Nash and fully embracing a rebuild seem like the most viable options....but it seems like there has been resistance to that mind-set. The Central Division is a pretty brutal place to try and get a leg up, too. Maybe realignment will be kind to Columbus (if/when it happens).

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
From men to their girlfriends or teams (or the aforementioned girlfriends) for (to) Nash?
Glad someone else thought this.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
JacketFanInFL

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1106421

19288 to 288 vCash on the Blues tonight. Wow.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post

Its hard to watch what's happened in Columbus. I read about the fan demonstration a while back. It seems like not that long ago Columbus and then St Louis were qualifying for the play-offs at the end of the season, and things were looking up. (2009?)
Yeah we all did too, I think that's what is making this season so tough. it's one thing to go into a season knowing you're going to have a rough go of it. It's quite another to spend the summer acquiring parts thinking those will get you "over the hump" and end up worst in the league

Quote:
What is the local mood in Columbus regarding the team's management and future? Are people in favor of trying to move Nash?
It's gone from desperation to resignation I think. Fans aren't happy with who we have throughout the organization, but have come to realize it doesn't matter, things really don't seem to be changing. All we can do is hope that this time the same people make better decisions. We know it's the definition of insanity, but after 11 years of this crap, you have to be a little insane to follow the team.

Quote:
If the revamped scouting department is really going to succeed, it would be nice to get them multiple 1st round picks to work with this season. To me, moving Carter and Nash and fully embracing a rebuild seem like the most viable options....but it seems like there has been resistance to that mind-set. The Central Division is a pretty brutal place to try and get a leg up, too. Maybe realignment will be kind to Columbus (if/when it happens).
I think that's why many of us are ok with moving Nash, he's the only one who currently has any value. Right now Carter seems to have almost none, and every GM in the league knows it. We're either stuck with him, or are going to get completely boned on any trade.

Every other roster player that might have any value has so underperformed this year, or is currently hurt.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

I think the Falcons are gonna win.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 50
I would give my right you know what to be at the game tonight and wear our Nash jerseys, however we are packing for vacation.

I could do without the sappiness of Valentines Day as well which I assume will be a huge game-ops theme tonight.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I watched a Hitchcock interview last week on NHL Network, he has slimmed up and spent over a year tweaking his approach to players a bit.. He’s doing a great job in SL.

The Notes should win this game, regardless, it will be a fun one to watch.. Nash may pot a couple tonight...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Johansen HS, Letestu in the second line, AHL Russell in the roster, zero players Johnson with Clitsome in the roster, I doubt that Savard will play if Nikitin returns. It is idiocy, total idiocy, do we want destroy Johansen? Didnt Richards think that the season is over and we must give a chance our youngs? Why Mayorov, Calvert and Atkinson with Goloubef are still on the farm? This isnt normal organisation, this is .... (I cannot write what)!!! I have feel teeth of it and I wont follow this team in this season untill we wontchange our politic and dont trade veterans or AHL players in our team!!!

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:53 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Hitch has dropped 60 pounds. He should win the Jack Adams, as the Blues push for the #1 overall seed in the West. Two good articles about him here:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...riffic-hockey/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2331563/

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Going to the game, I hope we have traded Mike Todd for an upgrade. He is extra corny on Valentines Day.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Halfboard
New Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Going to the game, I hope we have traded Mike Todd for an upgrade. He is extra corny on Valentines Day.
I'm sure Kiss Cam will be a big feature tonight I'm afraid...........

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:

President Mike Priest and GM Scott Howson need to be removed, but it appears our owner JPM has lost touch with reality. Great article about our debacle here by our beat writer.

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...st-season.html

I am in favor of moving Nash, as long as we get adequate return on him. That being said, I dont want Howson to be the one doing this but it looks like it will happen regardless. Hes a great player, but not a player you can build your team around, imo. A lot of people have grown attached to him, and are afraid of letting him go. But taking a step back and looking at it with some objectivity, it can actually help us.

Good players get moved all the time, its not like moving Nash will be the end of the world. In fact, it could help improve our future. Phaneuf, Heatley, Hossa, Luongo, Thornton have all been traded.

I know I am not the only one who seriously questions Nash's will to win. How bad does he want it? I think he is more Lebron James than he is Michael Jordan, if you know what I mean.

What I think is funny is that nationally people view Nash leaving as him wanting to get out of here, when it appears its actually mutual.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Blues win. Blues are the Western Conf. team I am predicting in the SCF this year.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
philip00*

non-fan (of either teams, actually) coming in peace.

i was curious about the handling of Johansen this season, if i'm correct, both coaches have scratched him after relatively good games, and now he's been scratched something like 4 out of the last 5? anyone know what the deal is? why aren't they letting the kid get experience centering a line?

philip00* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
My prediction: Kris and Ryan will secretly switch jerseys during the first intermission and play for their opposing teams for a period and nobody notices the difference.
Love it!

Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Legs

Quote:

Welcome Blues fan. I love to see people such as you coming here. From what I can tell, many (most, all?) fans are frustrated and angry. People around town don't even talk about the Jackets anymore. This is a city of over 1.4 million and we cannot fill an arena that seats 20,000. To get a pretty good feel of what people think about management, go to the "Fire Them All!" thread. Good read. Regarding Nash: It's my feeling that fans idolize him and may not have a clear picture of how sometimes high profile trades must occur. If he does move, look to some more folks signing up for the protest, perhaps for different reasons than the organizers hold.

Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I'll be there, hoping for a win.

I'm wearing my Italian Olympic hockey sweater, tonight, so feel free to introduce yourself.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip00 View Post
non-fan (of either teams, actually) coming in peace.

i was curious about the handling of Johansen this season, if i'm correct, both coaches have scratched him after relatively good games, and now he's been scratched something like 4 out of the last 5? anyone know what the deal is? why aren't they letting the kid get experience centering a line?
Whatever the right thing to do with Johansen is, be sure the Jackets will do the opposite.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I watched a Hitchcock interview last week on NHL Network, he has slimmed up and spent over a year tweaking his approach to players a bit.. He’s doing a great job in SL.
That's the mark of a great coach. When a guy who's had all sorts of success and is always in demand is willing to continue to adapt after this many years, that really says something.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote