HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

vCash: 500
Do not trade for nash i sware to god i will kill myself if it happens. If anything trade for ryan/vinny.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Old
02-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Fanned On It

Man it would be nice to have him for some playoff goal scoring, and there is always the chance that Kreider won't produce as much as people are expecting him too, but 7 mil a year for however long his contract is? It's a huge hit. We would have to give away Dubi and another higher salary player too compensate for the cap space he would take up, and like you guys said, you have to think about resigning our current players and what not. I just don't want to be stuck with the guy for that long for that much money, what if he happens to have a bad season or two once he comes here? I don't know the guy so that could very well be near-impossible for him looking at all the praise he gets, but it can happen to anyone...

Old
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by markman34 View Post
Do not trade for nash i sware to god i will kill myself if it happens. If anything trade for ryan/vinny.
I truly hope you mean Prospal and not Lecavalier. In either case, it aint happening.

02-14-2012, 05:52 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

BREAKING NEWS...all 29 NHL teams are interested in Rick Nash.

I sure hope you haven't wasted much time on this thread today.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Dont hold your breath. Its gonna be more expensive. Swap AA for Dubinsky and thomas for Erixon/Kreider and it might be it imo.
Id rather it not come down to dubi over AA. Maybe Miller instead of Thomas

Old
02-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Oh my sweet God. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS TRADE SLATS! We've come so far from the old mercenary ways. Don't destroy it.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Abooch68

If you don't want Nash you're crazy. But. If you want Nash you're also crazy.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:55 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Im holding out hope for a anisimov thomas prospect 1st rounder 2nd rounder as a starter
that is a deal i would do, throw in wolski for cap reasons. id rather give more parts in a deal like that then a deal involving kreider AND dubi. for the longest time i have felt AA would be the first to go of the current rangers if the right deal came along. with all these scouts though and everything that has gone on, it seems clear that this is more than just kicking the tires at this point so i dont know if im excited or nervous. most likely the latter.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

So many places picking up on this one you have to believe there is some validity to it.

Nash is a tremendous player no doubt. But...Im on the side of the fence that feels like this one wouldn't work well for the NY Rangers if indeed the asking price was Dubi and Kreider and a pick. If that was the offer I would have rather has the discounted Bobby Ryan. The money is just too high.

Also...and call me crazy because Dubi has been subpar nearly all season but...He has the kind of moxy that I want on this Rangers club come playoff time. So many of these games are won by the team with the biggest heart. I think Dubi is that kind of guy, that will just do whatever it takes for the team. While Nash is clearly the better offenive threat, Brandon Dubinsky in the past has been a bull. To me its all about gettign him back in that mindset. So Dubi at 3.8 mil plus the teams best prospect to me carries more value than a proven scorer, who is un-proven in NY. Not everyone can play here. I am not a fan a trading a guy that has been one of the best players and key core members over the past few years.

Pass on Nash!

Old
02-14-2012, 05:56 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
He did get the Carter and Richards deals' in June which was shocking. Don't think this is true at all but both of those deals involved teams that are in this deal so we'll see.
For the last time Eklund did not break the Richards and Carter trades, Howard Eskin did. Howard Eskin breaks everything Phialdelphia.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:00 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
that is a deal i would do, throw in wolski for cap reasons. id rather give more parts in a deal like that then a deal involving kreider AND dubi. for the longest time i have felt AA would be the first to go of the current rangers if the right deal came along. with all these scouts though and everything that has gone on, it seems clear that this is more than just kicking the tires at this point so i dont know if im excited or nervous. most likely the latter.
i normally dont do proposals. I'd even change the 2nd rounder to another 1st rounder. CBJ may want to take a chance on wolski byt if not you could probably spin wolski off somewhere else for a pick

Old
02-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Maybe so, but what's the difference? If I have someone who consistently puts up 70 points, albeit assists or goals, he's helping the team get goals isn't he? If we have the brass (we do for the most part), a 70 point player is a 70 point player.

Bottom line here isn't whether or not Nash is a great goal scorer or player, it's that he makes nearly $8M a year for a long time and is at a cost that is absurd. Rangers back off and no way give in to anything close to this deal.

This is the Rangers of old attempting a trade like this. Fans should forget this ever even was mentioned. Focus on the playoffs and the cup, we actually have a shot for once. Any movement will be the acquisition of a cheaper top-9 forward and maybe a mean 3rd pair D to bolster the cup run.
The difference is that there are maybe 5 or 6 guys each year that score 40 goals in this league. There are a lot more guys who can put up 40 assists or more (42 last year to be exact). Nash scores with a very poor supporting cast.

My point was that people were underrating him as a talent. His contract, the state of our team, and the assets it would cost to get him is another situation entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
yea but he is also big and not physical at all. Rangers fans get on players who has size who doesnt use it...

dont really want a player that has size but fights like Brian Boyle..
Who cares? I'll never understand the idea of a guy needing to throw big hits and fight just because he's over 6'0 tall.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:02 PM
UlfNilsson

Slats doesn't get robbed. He won't be giving up nearly as much as many posters think. The Nash contract is huge, they won't rob anyone.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
You lose a lot of grit and a lot of defense, as well as a key element to shot blocking and the PK. Nash will get you a few goals in front of the net, but other than that, Dubi brings more to the table in Tort's system. In order to thrive in this system you gotta be gritty and tough and Nash is neither. Nash is more often than not a liability. If I were going to trade dubi it would be for Bobby Ryan. Ideally, the Rangers trade Wolski and MZA and a 2nd for Selanne. But I think this team can win the cup with the roster they have now. Nash simply is not worth his contract.
So just to be clear...IF the deal was Nash for Dubinsky straight up AND both players had the same contract, you wouldn't do it?

Old
02-14-2012, 06:04 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The difference is that there are maybe 5 or 6 guys each year that score 40 goals in this league. There are a lot more guys who can put up 40 assists or more (42 last year to be exact). Nash scores with a very poor supporting cast.

My point was that people were underrating him as a talent. His contract, the state of our team, and the assets it would cost to get him is another situation entirely.

Who cares? I'll never understand the idea of a guy needing to throw big hits and fight just because he's over 6'0 tall.
Agreed. We have the toughness. We need another guy who can score goals. I dont know if it will be Nash but to not want him because he isnt Wayne Simmonds or Ovechkin is ridiculous.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:06 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Pass. No trades at all please. This team is in first.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:08 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
i normally dont do proposals. I'd even change the 2nd rounder to another 1st rounder. CBJ may want to take a chance on wolski byt if not you could probably spin wolski off somewhere else for a pick
yeah im deff with you on the proposals. have you read that nonsense on the main board, the outlandish proposals. thank god those people aren't gms. with that said, a package along those lines is something i can live with,nice package for cbj, and believe it or not we wouldn't be getting bent over.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It is, but for 8 million dollars?

Goodbye any semblance of cap flexibility. I don't know if i could make that trade.
I'm not advocating getting Nash. I just think that knocking Nash because of his lack of assists is focusing on the wrong issue.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-14-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old
02-14-2012, 06:11 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Dont hold your breath. Its gonna be more expensive. Swap AA for Dubinsky and thomas for Erixon/Kreider and it might be it imo.
I don't know about that,

I would take the Ranger's package over the package from LA that has been reported.

Bernier, Penner, Hunter...and a pick.
vs
AA,Thomas,WW and 1st

The only player that LA is offering that is any good is Bernier.

WW=Penner
1st =to LA 1st most likely a 2nd

So it comes down to

AA and Thomas
vs
Bernier

so which package would you rather have???

Old
02-14-2012, 06:22 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
I don't know about that,

I would take the Ranger's package over the package from LA that has been reported.

Bernier, Penner, Hunter...and a pick.
vs
AA,Thomas,WW and 1st

The only player that LA is offering that is any good is Bernier.

WW=Penner
1st =to LA 1st most likely a 2nd

So it comes down to

AA and Thomas
vs
Bernier

so which package would you rather have???
the kings proposal was dismissed today on sirius citing bob mckenzie as basically saying that proposal is a joke

Old
02-14-2012, 06:29 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
Pass. No trades at all please. This team is in first.
i wouldnt say no trades.. but this one is definitely one i would say no to

Old
02-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Going to say it again: I really want Carter on this team.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Going to say it again: I really want Carter on this team.
I wouldnt be opposed to Carter. I dont buy this whole lockerroom
cancer crap. The Flyers had deep playoff runs with him. Theres a solid nucleus here. One guy wont ruin it.

Plus he'd come cheaper at a lower cap hit

Old
02-14-2012, 06:54 PM
azrok22

Quote:
I wouldnt be opposed to Carter. I dont buy this whole lockerroom
cancer crap. The Flyers had deep playoff runs with him. Theres a solid nucleus here. One guy wont ruin it.

Plus he'd come cheaper at a lower cap hit
Even if you ignore the contract length (because the cap hit isn't bad) two major concerns with Carter still exist.

1) He did not look as effective at wing as he did at center in Philly

2) His playoff production is significantly lower than his regular season production

Whether he's a cancer in the locker room, I don't think anyone on this board is in a position to say.

Closed Thread