HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lafleur on the Lockout

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Scintillating

vCash: 500
Lafleur on the Lockout

Why is it everybody and his dog knows what's wrong with hockey except for the players? The Flower put in his 2 cents:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=102849

It's the same song everybody someone speaks out against the players.

I just don't understand the mindset of the players I guess

Old
10-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Scintillating

But the end could be near. In a separate article, John McMullen, former owner of the Devils stated:
"The players just missed their first paycheck. They're going to start feeling it soon. Their wives are going to start (complaining)." - wonder what word he used instead of complaining
It's up to the wives I tell you! Come on ladies - nag like you've never nagged before!

Old
10-27-2004, 12:10 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

The league and the player assiociation both suck. The talent pool has never been that huge and there's so much young talent but we're stuck with 30 teams. WAY too much. They have hard time to draw ratings and the quality of the show is mediocre, they should really contract the league. It won't happen with Bettman though.

Old
10-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Roots73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scintillating
The Flower put in his 2 cents:
I remember Guy talking about the league months ago but it was more about the dilution of talent. He had proposed that the NHL should expand to Europe and cut back teams in North America. The result would be a Euro champ versus the North American champ for the Stanley Cup. A very interesting proposal.

Guy was my hockey hero growing up and he still seems to have the same inexplicable vision on hockey today as he did when he was still playing hockey. Too bad his visions on building a new league are not nearly as easy to attain as his visions of being a superstar.

At least there seems to be a few cracks forming in this Lockout Cold War.

Old
10-27-2004, 12:51 PM
oli500

Quote:
But the end could be near. In a separate article, John McMullen, former owner of the Devils stated:
"The players just missed their first paycheck. They're going to start feeling it soon. Their wives are going to start (complaining)." - wonder what word he used instead of complaining
It's up to the wives I tell you! Come on ladies - nag like you've never nagged before!

The wifes should go up to the players and tell them, no sex tell you play another nhl game. Then well see what the players have to say about the lock out.

Old
10-27-2004, 02:44 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
The wifes should go up to the players and tell them, no sex tell you play another nhl game. Then well see what the players have to say about the lock out.
Sheldon Souray would be the first to give!!!

Old
10-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Sheldon Souray would be the first to give!!!
Souray is now a daddy....he is not getting any anyway!

Old
10-27-2004, 04:41 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Geez, my wife told me that, and I told her, hey I don't play in the NHL and she just said I know and walked away.

Old
10-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Why is it everybody and his dog knows what's wrong with hockey except for the players? The Flower put in his 2 cents:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=102849

It's the same song everybody someone speaks out against the players.

I just don't understand the mindset of the players I guess
I don't know if guy knows there mindset either, i mean yes he was one of the top 3 habs of all-time and a top 15 player of all time too. But really what business accumen does he have, he barely has a grade 10 education as he left school early to play hockey, he has never been involved in running a succesful business, and he retired before the first lockout, how can he be more informed of the situation than anyone else who regularly follows things like say a bob mackenzie or someone like that??

Second he has no knowledge of labour laws and his concept is flawed. Fold the league and start over from scratch, the lawyers fees on attempting to do that would be a nightmare.

Old
10-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
I don't know if guy knows there mindset either, i mean yes he was one of the top 3 habs of all-time and a top 15 player of all time too. But really what business accumen does he have, he barely has a grade 10 education as he left school early to play hockey, he has never been involved in running a succesful business, and he retired before the first lockout, how can he be more informed of the situation than anyone else who regularly follows things like say a bob mackenzie or someone like that??

Second he has no knowledge of labour laws and his concept is flawed. Fold the league and start over from scratch, the lawyers fees on attempting to do that would be a nightmare.
The guy who started WalMart never finished high school either. I know a person who is borderline illiterate but who became a multimillionaire at 25 due to superior business acumen. Guy Lafleur looks as if he's not starving. Education does not indicate ability in all cases.

Starting new league would be easier than you think. It may not be called the NHL though. How about resurrecting the old pre-1917 NHA? In theory, teams would be allowed to keep their names.

Old
10-28-2004, 06:07 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania

how do you know if he didn't complete some studies after his carrer ? people with money like him are able to hire their own personal teacher , you know....

anyway , do you seriously think that school is the only way to become intelligent ? schools are teaching how to do a certain kind of discipline are to be effecyive or how to be prepare for doing this or that .they don't teach how to be '' intelligent ''

Guy Lafleur was a star hockey player and because of that he'in the right place to know that if a guy win 5-6 000 000 of $ to do what he likes to do , how it could be possible that this guy is stiil unhappy ...no need to be a brain to understand that fact

Closed Thread