HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Player movement thread (Nash rumors, deadline, more - all proposals, discussion here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Johansen isnt even in the top 10 in points for rookies. From what he's shown this year, he's a few years away from even being mentioned in the breath of all stars
Just an off the cuff for fun comment, I'm not penning him to lead the CBJ to ASG promised land..

Old
02-14-2012, 08:08 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
If Nash went to Vancouver, I would cry. Been a life time Canuck hater. I said the only way I would become a fan is if Nash went to Vancouver. As much as I would love to see Nash play more often, I would rather have him get traded to another team.

My pick are the Sharks. Not sure for what but a Thornton/Nash reunion would be great for the Sharks imo.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
If Nash went to Vancouver, I would cry. Been a life time Canuck hater. I said the only way I would become a fan is if Nash went to Vancouver. As much as I would love to see Nash play more often, I would rather have him get traded to another team.

My pick are the Sharks. Not sure for what but a Thornton/Nash reunion would be great for the Sharks imo.
What if he was traded to Vancouver and won the cup this year? What would you do?

Old
02-14-2012, 08:29 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
What if he was traded to Vancouver and won the cup this year? What would you do?
I would be happy for Nash, not sure how I would feel in general about the Canucks winning it though. I guess I would celebrate a little but not how you guys/my friends/co workers would be celebrating. If the Canucks won the Cup without any of my favourite players, I would be mega depressed. Having a fav player would take the sting out of it. It would also suck if Luongo was part of the team. I would lose a $1000.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 2150
Whoever Nash is traded to, it must be an overpayment to the Jackets. The Jackets don't need to trade Nash, they have him signed until 2018. If a team wants him, come and get him, but be sure to know that we expect an overpayment.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:31 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
If he is not traded...he MUST be stripped of the "C".

Old
02-14-2012, 08:43 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
He's alive!!!!

I agree, and I wonder if maybe its been talked about that the "taking the C" might be part of a shakeup should he stay. Not out of malice or some sense of justice, but out of necessity.

As much as I'd like to see Nash moved, if Howson took that "rumored" deal, he should be strung up. It probably was just a "jumping off point" for negogiations, I hope. Thats an absolutely terrible deal.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:44 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
Why? I think its in the best interest of the franchise to trade Nash, but if he stays why should he be stripped of the "C"?

Old
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
Whoever Nash is traded to, it must be an overpayment to the Jackets. The Jackets don't need to trade Nash, they have him signed until 2018. If a team wants him, come and get him, but be sure to know that we expect an overpayment.
What if he asked to be traded? You cant keep a player if he wants out, especially if he is signed to 2018
Word is there is a short list of teams that Nash will waive his NMC for, so your limited in your trading partners right off the bat

Old
02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
Why? I think its in the best interest of the franchise to trade Nash, but if he stays why should he be stripped of the "C"?
Vinny LeCavalier had the "C" taken from him in Tampa several years ago. And not only did he regain it, he's become arguably a better leader and he's still with the team....

I prefer to use the term "taking it back" not "stripping" it.

It's not something thats always done out of anger.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:51 PM
BluejacketNut

I have never heard as much news about the Jackets before, and of course its bad for Jackets fans. Go to TSN's hockey page, and 4 of the 5 videos are about Nash...i turn to NHL Tonight, and the conversation is trading Nash.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Kelevra

Oiler fan here...Would it be possible to get Cater and Tyutin for Edm 1st and ??? that would only be limited to picks and prospects?

Such as Tuebert, Peckham, Pitlick, Hamilton, Gernet, Klefbom, Marincin, 2nd's, ect?

Would give you guys a chance to pick 1st and 2nd overall

Old
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
What if he asked to be traded? You cant keep a player if he wants out, especially if he is signed to 2018
Word is there is a short list of teams that Nash will waive his NMC for, so your limited in your trading partners right off the bat
If ifs were skiffs we'd be sailing.

Get me a link that shows that Nash asked to be traded. What you suggest goes contrary to everything every respectable reporter is reporting.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Oiler fan here...Would it be possible to get Cater and Tyutin for Edm 1st and ??? that would only be limited to picks and prospects?

Such as Tuebert, Peckham, Pitlick, Hamilton, Gernet, Klefbom, Marincin, 2nd's, ect?

Would give you guys a chance to pick 1st and 2nd overall
We can't afford to trade Tyutin. He's our only top liner.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Kelevra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
I can agree with that statement but if you guys trade Nash and Carter for picks and prospects you will likely finish at the bottom of the league with or without Tyutin. Would it not make sense to get major value for him to expedite the rebuild?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Vinny LeCavalier had the "C" taken from him in Tampa several years ago. And not only did he regain it, he's become arguably a better leader and he's still with the team....

I prefer to use the term "taking it back" not "stripping" it.

It's not something thats always done out of anger.
And then there's Patrick Marleau. It's also about taking the pressure off a guy and just letting him play.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
CBJCougar

Are we starting the strip Nash of the C crap again?? Who wants to be Captain of the Titanic?? C'mon, let's hear it....who do you want?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
Because not everybody is a leader. Nash can lead in goals, points etc...but right now this team needs a person who can TRULY lead!!! Vinny has that leadership...Nash does not. If they keep Nash...fine....but he needs to have and A on his sweater at best. I understand what Hitch was trying to do when he put this on him, but it has not worked out. Leaders are born...not taught.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
the more I think about it, the more I think the jets would make the most sense. Would a Bogo + Kane/Little deal work? Dont think theyd be willing to deal enstrom

Old
02-14-2012, 09:22 PM
knucklepuck28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
Tyutin is not a top liner.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
the more I think about it, the more I think the jets would make the most sense. Would a Bogo + Kane/Little deal work? Dont think theyd be willing to deal enstrom
Don't think Jets are on the list of teams Nash is willing to go to.

Interesting offer though. I would take Kane over Little. We get two young players that can come in right away and contribute but also fits in the rebuild.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Please don't go Rick.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
I highly doubt that Winnipeg is on Nash's list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to, so what you bring up is not likely worth discussing.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Are we starting the strip Nash of the C crap again?? Who wants to be Captain of the Titanic?? C'mon, let's hear it....who do you want?
The Titanic wouldn't BE "The Titanic" if it weren't for the Captain of the Titanic.
Seriously though, it's Prospal. I'd like to see Nash just go out and play. And I'd like to see him do it in Columbus.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
The Titanic wouldn't BE "The Titanic" if it weren't for the Captain of the Titanic.
Seriously though, it's Prospal. I'd like to see Nash just go out and play. And I'd like to see him do it in Columbus.
I'm sitting here in red silk waiting to throw ******** flags. LOL

I like Vinny. Ya know me and my Blueshirts....*sighs* And Vinny started out all chest puffed proud, gonna raise some hell...then....crickets.... Prospal's premature finish left me with wandering eyes. Who else do you have?

Closed Thread