HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player movement thread (Nash rumors, deadline, more - all proposals, discussion here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 10:35 PM
ConoR187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
I highly doubt that Winnipeg is on Nash's list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to, so what you bring up is not likely worth discussing.
idk why he wouldnt want to go.. really great fan base and its a canadian city, damn the options are limited.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I'd like to see Nash just go out and play. And I'd like to see him do it in Columbus.
We were late getting to the game tonight, but Nasher was a beast. Man on a mission. Several crushing checks, hustling all over the ice, some individual moves to create scoring chances. He was playing motivated, engaged hockey. Best I've seen out of Cap for quite some time.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:39 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
I'm sitting here in red silk waiting to throw ******** flags. LOL

I like Vinny. Ya know me and my Blueshirts....*sighs* And Vinny started out all chest puffed proud, gonna raise some hell...then....crickets.... Prospal's premature finish left me with wandering eyes. Who else do you have?
Prospal is the man for the job. Dorsett, Nash and Wiz deserve the A.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
We were late getting to the game tonight, but Nasher was a beast. Man on a mission. Several crushing checks, hustling all over the ice, some individual moves to create scoring chances. He was playing motivated, engaged hockey. Best I've seen out of Cap for quite some time.
So either he was trying to impress the scouts or give Howson a reason to not trade him.

Last year, a lot of you guys said, "Give the 'C' to Umberger". Is Umberger out of the question now?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:43 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
What about san jose? has to be on his list of teams.. would d. murray and pavelski/havlat+ work?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:44 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
So either he was trying to impress the scouts or give Howson a reason to not trade him.
Per Richards presser he has been told to be a power forward again. And that showed.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:

Last year, a lot of you guys said, "Give the 'C' to Umberger". Is Umberger out of the question now?
Yep. He's not the same player he was last year.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Prospal is the man for the job. Dorsett deserves an A.
Yes, he does. Love little Dorsett. He's a keeper. Got his clock rocked tonight but he's willing. Gotta love that.

No, Prospal isn't the C. I definitely think Vinny could wear an A...but not the C.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:49 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Yes, he does. Love little Dorsett. He's a keeper. Got his clock rocked tonight but he's willing. Gotta love that.

No, Prospal isn't the C. I definitely think Vinny could wear an A...but not the C.
Rationale?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:51 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Yep. He's not the same player he was last year.
I don't get Columbus games, can you please tell me what changed in his game/leadership? Any chance he can regain his old form? Did getting a long term contract effect him(as in, got my money for the next couple of years so I don't need prove myself anymore, etc)?

Old
02-14-2012, 10:52 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
I don't get Columbus games, can you please tell me what changed in his game/leadership? Any chance he can regain his old form? Did getting a long term contract effect him(as in, got my money for the next couple of years so I don't need prove myself anymore, etc)?
Either he's got a nagging injury we don't know about or he's got a case of "contract-itis." If it's the latter, he's not Captain material.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:55 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
If ifs were skiffs we'd be sailing.

Get me a link that shows that Nash asked to be traded. What you suggest goes contrary to everything every respectable reporter is reporting.
I never said he asked to be traded. I said what if. We dont know who made the request, if it was the team or Nash. Just he is available.

Anyways, most pressing need is the goalie. Any trade request has to include a G i think. Rask might be off the market due to Thomas' age and his sudden politial career.

Who else would fill the need?

Old
02-14-2012, 11:06 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Rationale?
The one thing that some seem to crave is the Hollywood image of bad ass, that quite frankly, you can't prove you don't have. For the love of God, even Rocky Balboa was soft spoken and did his talking in the ring.

And, besides, here on the Good Ship Scotty, the one remaining elusive aspect that Howson has not yet destroyed is our ace when attempting to secure other players....."and you will get to play with Rick Nash..." If we trade him, how will we finish that sentence?

In Columbus, you get to play with...... ????

Old
02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
The one thing that some seem to crave is the Hollywood image of bad ass, that quite frankly, you can't prove you don't have. For the love of God, even Rocky Balboa was soft spoken and did his talking in the ring.

And, besides, here on the Good Ship Scotty, the one remaining elusive aspect that Howson has not yet destroyed is our ace when attempting to secure other players....."and you will get to play with Rick Nash..." If we trade him, how will we finish that sentence?

Boll

Old
02-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Oiler fan here...Would it be possible to get Cater and Tyutin for...
Nope. No chance.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-14-2012, 11:10 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:

The captain doesn't have to be a bad ass - except on his teammates when they want to loaf or avoid attention to details.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:12 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Boll
SMH. LOL Leave my boy out of this. He's the reason I love this circus!!

Old
02-14-2012, 11:17 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
The captain doesn't have to be a bad ass - except on his teammates when they want to loaf or avoid attention to details.
Yeah, here we go again...

You don't know what goes on in that locker room.

You don't see him slam players up against the boards and knock teeth out. Big deal. We keep going back to lack of babysitting as a reason to strip the C. Sorry, throwing the ******** flag.

Who else do you want to saddle with the single handed responsibility for the failure of this season? It wouldn't matter who was wearing the C this year. There isn't a man who can put his hand on other men and heal them or replace their wounded pride and mounting doubt at the hands of inept coaching. Am I missing someone here? Do we have a messiah? And more importantly, why hasn't this messiah stepped forward and led us out of this mess?

Old
02-14-2012, 11:24 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Yeah, here we go again...

You don't know what goes on in that locker room.

You don't see him slam players up against the boards and knock teeth out. Big deal. We keep going back to lack of babysitting as a reason to strip the C. Sorry, throwing the ******** flag.

Who else do you want to saddle with the single handed responsibility for the failure of this season? It wouldn't matter who was wearing the C this year. There isn't a man who can put his hand on other men and heal them or replace their wounded pride and mounting doubt at the hands of inept coaching. Am I missing someone here? Do we have a messiah? And more importantly, why hasn't this messiah stepped forward and led us out of this mess?
No, you're putting words in my mouth. You take the weight off of Rick Nash's shoulders so he can just focus on HIS game. It has nothing to do with babysitting. Although it IS important to have someone set the standards of what it takes to win in the NHL for his team. Nash has only played in Columbus. How would he know what that is?

Re: "you don't know what goes on in the locker room," we DO know what goes on during the games and during open practices. Has ANYONE here EVER seen Nash call out a teammate for not measuring up to the standards for success? I've seen Lyle Odelein do it. I've seen Adam Foote do it.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:30 PM
GrimReeper

Quote:
Either he's got a nagging injury we don't know about or he's got a case of "contract-itis." If it's the latter, he's not Captain material.
The whole team is having a down year. The gu had a broken finger and concussion already this season, the team isn't performing collectively. To single him out and call it contractitis is a joke. Nobody is performing minus Dorsett.

Take away his A? You're kidding. He was voted our MVP last season. You have some serious short term memory.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:33 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReeper View Post
The whole team is having a down year. The gu had a broken finger and concussion already this season, the team isn't performing collectively. To single him out and call it contractitis is a joke. Nobody is performing minus Dorsett.

Take away his A? You're kidding. He was voted our MVP last season. You have some serious short term memory.
This is what's wrong with this franchise. By your logic, you can't "single out" ANYBODY. It's called accountability. And I demand a higher standard from the players who wear the letters than the rest of those on the team. You should too.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:33 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
No, you're putting words in my mouth. You take the weight off of Rick Nash's shoulders so he can just focus on HIS game. It has nothing to do with babysitting. Although it IS important to have someone set the standards of what it takes to win in the NHL for his team. Nash has only played in Columbus. How would he know what that is?

Re: "you don't know what goes on in the locker room," we DO know what goes on during the games and during open practices. Has ANYONE here EVER seen Nash call out a teammate for not measuring up to the standards for success? I've seen Lyle Odelein do it. I've seen Adam Foote do it.
And Neither of those guys got us to where Nash did, which was the playoffs.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:36 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
And Neither of those guys got us to where Nash did, which was the playoffs.
Ancient history. Pro sports is ALL about what have you done for me lately.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:38 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Ancient history. Let's talk about the present and the future.
Then why bring up Foote and Odelein?

Old
02-14-2012, 11:39 PM
EDM

Chimera for Clark and Jurcina.

Closed Thread