HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 57: Feb 15: Avs 1 @ Canucks 3 (Booth, Hansen, Burrows)

Old
02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
BAuldie

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Can we win in regulation please. I'm sick of seeing a skills competition decide the outcome of a game.
It's just the Canucks trolling the Western conference. Let all these teams battling for playoff points get bonus points so we can be hated just a tad more.

BAuldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
It's just the Canucks trolling the Western conference. Let all these teams battling for playoff points get bonus points so we can be hated just a tad more.
AV: At the end of the day, it is what it is...

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Thanks for this, and good luck in the game. Word on the street here is that Kevin Bieksa took the Stanchion for a nice steak dinner last night.
I heard from my sources that it was a seafood dinner at Joe Fortes as recommended by Fin. The Stanchion is trying to cut down on red meat.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:04 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
Close. The Canucks are carefully giving away points so they can decided who is going to who in the west when the playoffs start. Very smart imo

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Close. The Canucks are carefully giving away points so they can decided who is going to who in the west when the playoffs start. Very smart imo
So you mean they are going to play the game with a pulled goalie for the last period? I mean, come on, Colorado is a team you want to face in the playoffs aren't they?

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
So you mean they are going to play the game with a pulled goalie for the last period? I mean, come on, Colorado is a team you want to face in the playoffs aren't they?
Calgary is our #1 preference.

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
In a series a goalie like Kipper can steal one. I would much rather play a team without an elite goalie.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
The Avs would be the ideal first round opponent. Least experienced, probably the softest team physically, poorly coached, no goons/enforcers on the roster.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
In a series a goalie like Kipper can steal one. I would much rather play a team without an elite goalie.
Yeah, he could steal one game. I don't consider Kiprusoff to be an elite goalie any longer. Travel time, our dominance over the Flames the past few years, and a lack of depth/high end talent makes them an easy choice. Plus, they'd get a lower draft pick and we'd get to dump them out of the playoffs. How is that not a joyous occasion to behold?

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Yeah, he could steal one game. I don't consider Kiprusoff to be an elite goalie any longer. Travel time, our dominance over the Flames the past few years, and a lack of depth/high end talent makes them an easy choice. Plus, they'd get a lower draft pick and we'd get to dump them out of the playoffs. How is that not a joyous occasion to behold?
I consider Kipper quite capable of stealing a series still.

Old
02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
RobertKron

Playing Hodgson on the 4th line allows the team to play a better 4-line game than they could otherwise, which is helpful to the team in several ways in both the short and long-term. As long as he understands his role and the reasoning, I see no problem with this.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:35 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
The Avs would be the ideal first round opponent. Least experienced, probably the softest team physically, poorly coached, no goons/enforcers on the roster.
I don't know if our team was off their game, but the Avs play us pretty well. However, I would take them over Minnesota just because of Cal Clutterbuck. Who knows which Canuck he'll blatantly try to injure when we win.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Wetcoaster

Jim Jamieson tweets from the very optional practise today - on the ice are Luongo and Schneider along with Weise, Alberts and Sulzer. Weise with a visor.

Luongo confimed as the starter.

Ben Kuzma tweets no broken nose for Weise - just stitches to the forehead. He likely could go tonight.
Weise does not have a broken nose from taking practice puck to the face Tuesday. Just stitches to forehead.
by benkuzma

Old
02-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Wetcoaster

Depending on how Higgins plays, expect some line shuffling, as the game goes on.

@VanCanucks
Vancouver Canucks
AV - Higgins slot in the line-up will depend on play tonight. He "looked good" in practice yesterday and his "energy is back".
https://twitter.com/#!/VanCanucks/st...64589398376448

Higgins take:

VanCanucks Vancouver Canucks
Higgins - "Whoever I play with, it'll be exciting to get back in the line-up".

Higgins - "It's felt like a long while since I've been on ice. It'll be great to get back".

Old
02-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Nope. Last five games - # of giveaways:

Coyotes - 0
Flames - 0
Wild - 0
Preds - 0
Avs - 0
I thought giveaways and takeaway stats were always crap. Now i know they are. Maybe they cannot give Manny giveaways because he never really is in control of the puck. When Manny had the puck a couple feet away from the blueline and lost it to a Phoenix player resulting in a scoring chance and a faceoff in the Canucks zone that lead to the goal. That was not a giveaway. On the tying goal was Bitz or Edler credited with a giveaway? I guess it is a good effort to qualify good defense but it is very hard to do. Manny maybe does not give the puck away that often technically but he probably is one of the worst at retaining puck control. Which is important as well.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Depending on how Higgins plays, expect some line shuffling, as the game goes on.

@VanCanucks
Vancouver Canucks
AV - Higgins slot in the line-up will depend on play tonight. He "looked good" in practice yesterday and his "energy is back".
https://twitter.com/#!/VanCanucks/st...64589398376448

Higgins take:

Higgins - "Whoever I play with, it'll be exciting to get back in the line-up".

Higgins - "It's felt like a long while since I've been on ice. It'll be great to get back".
Hopefully his work ethic is contagious, the team needs a kick in the pants at the moment.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
AvantiCanada*

Gonna keep an eye on O'Byrne. Big, right handed shot, could be someone Gillis looks into if the price is right and the Avs are willing to deal in the division (they have before, Calgary comes to mind).

Might be a good depth acquisition when these big rumoured deals inevitably fall through.

AvantiCanada* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
My #1 preference for sure, being in Calgary.

The Canucks match up well against the Flames. How many times have the Flames beat the Canucks without a shootout in their last 10 head to head matchups? The travel is also ideal and the Flames aren't all that tough and physical either.

It seems like Schneider isn't getting many starts anymore. Other than the stretch where Luongo was hurt has he played less often than last season? He should be getting roughly 1 in 3 starts - doesn't look like AV is giving him that many...

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
NuxFan09

Ok, that's it. I want to see some major Sedin pointage tonight. In fact, I want to see a dominating game by the team in general. I think they really need one to get back in their groove. Sure, they're winning games, which is great! It's the mark of a truly great team when they play like crap but still find a way to collect wins. Doesn't change the fact that they need to play better, though. Hopefully that starts tonight against a team with sub-par defense and sub-par goaltending that also plays more wide open.

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Wetcoaster

The Avs should be afraid... very afraid. Shane O'Brien is mentoring rookie Dman Tyson Barrie.
With just three NHL games on his resume, Tyson Barrie was asked an obvious question Wednesday morning. Forget adjusting to the heightened pace. Has the Victoria native been out on the town yet with the outgoing and outspoken Shane O’Brien?

“No comment,” chuckled the promising Colorado Avalanche defenceman. “Shane’s a beauty. He’s taken me under his wing right from the start and he’s super easy to talk to and always joking around, so that makes things a little lighter. I just sit in the lockerroom before the game and just listen to him and I can’t stop laughing.”
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/02...ith-avalanche/

Old
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
“I’ve never been a big fan of them. We had one of those from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them. That’s my opinion.”
— Daniel Sedin on anonymous polls [where he and brother Henrik were second behind Toronto’s Phil Kessel as the star player easiest to intimidate]

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
— Daniel Sedin on anonymous polls [where he and brother Henrik were second behind Toronto’s Phil Kessel as the star player easiest to intimidate]
If one is easily intimidated the intimidations should show some result, I can not see that in the behaviour of the Sedins. Sure they can be shut down at occasions, but not by intimidation.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:06 PM
wreckless

break out game for the twins tonight.

crush them.

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
vanwest

Quote:
I consider Kipper quite capable of stealing a series still.
Kipper has been great this year. The problem for the Flames every year is that they ride him almost every game just to sneak into the playoffs. By the time they get there he's worn out. They just can't ever seem to find a capable backup to give him some rest.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
The Avs should be afraid... very afraid. Shane O'Brien is mentoring rookie Dman Tyson Barrie.
[INDENT]With just three NHL games on his resume, Tyson Barrie was asked an obvious question Wednesday morning. Forget adjusting to the heightened pace. Has the Victoria native been out on the town yet with the outgoing and outspoken Shane O’Brien?

“No comment,” chuckled the promising Colorado Avalanche defenceman. “Shane’s a beauty. He’s taken me under his wing right from the start and he’s super easy to talk to and always joking around, so that makes things a little lighter. I just sit in the lockerroom before the game and just listen to him and I can’t stop laughing.”
Barrie's got a good head on his shoulders, though, I wouldn't be too worried about SOB messing him up. Maybe Sacco's hoping some of his maturity rubs off on O'Brien.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote