HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Futbol II

Old
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Gotta love Italy supporters crying foul because Torres kept trying to score to get the Golden Boot.
Yeah, that's why he assisted on the last goal. If he was trying so desperately to win the golden boot, he would have shot that instead of passing to teammate in both club and country, Juan Mata.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:20 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
All bow before Spain..

Barca is gonna be even more amazing to watch -- now with two world class full-backs in Alba and Alves and sharp young wingers in Pedro and Cuenca, then ofc Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Fabregas running & distributing, still Villa/Sanchez up front, they'll be ripping teams up on the flank, knifing through in the middle..forget it, nowhere to hide, lol. Park the bus and pray..
And then you have Valdes in net. All it takes is one half-chance....hell quarter-chance to score a goal on him. So bad.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:21 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Well he did win it with that assist. Tied him with Gomez and minutes played was the tiebreaker.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
And then you have Valdes in net. All it takes is one half-chance....hell quarter-chance to score a goal on him. So bad.
Valdes bad??? I don't get that at all.. I've seen him make many great reaction saves, and I don't remember the last important match where I would've directly said, "that goal is on him" -- and actually for most "great goalies", I remember matches like that.

So, while I can't watch all Barca games, my impression of Valdes the last couple of years at least has been that he's quite good and up to Barca's standards. Besides, if he were truly subpar, I imagine Barca would ve bought somebody long ago to provide serious competition. You don't see subpar players stick in Barca's lineup for long.

Different topic: I wonder how Real players feel playing "the Barca way", for Spain, winning everything. I imagine it's a bit like some Russian hockey players that go back to play for national team, only in reverse. Meaning, Russian national team is supposed to have its own philosophy, but you can tell from some players comments that compared to NHL, a lot of it outdated, i.e. rotating 5-man units on special teams, not enough opponent-specific tactics, etc. So I wonder if Real's national team players stay late after training to practice tiki-taka in secret, lol.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:52 AM
artilector

Quote:
Gotta love Italy supporters crying foul because Torres kept trying to score to get the Golden Boot.
Tiki-taka? Boring high-level anti-futbol!
Continuing to attack at 2-0 and one man up? Classless!
Torres' goal? Egoistic garbage time self-promotion!

The dogs keep barking, the caravan keeps moving..

Though the Golden Boot this time is pretty comical.. 3 measly goals? They need to set a minimum limit or something, because it is pretty funny to see Torres barely a factor for Spain and still win it. He didn't make the rules though!

Old
07-02-2012, 10:06 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
I've never had to argue that point that Valdes is bad. I have Barca friends that constantly complain about him and I've seen him make many gaffs in matches or get beat near post or not come off the line to challenge corners etc that those complaints seem valid. In my opinion he is far and away the weakest player Barcelona have on the pitch.

I dunno why they don't replace him, Philadelphia has the same problem since Hextall left and it seems like up until they went hard for Bryzgalov they didnt think goalies were important to winning.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:18 AM
artilector

Quote:
I've never had to argue that point that Valdes is bad. I have Barca friends that constantly complain about him and I've seen him make many gaffs in matches or get beat near post or not come off the line to challenge corners etc that those complaints seem valid. In my opinion he is far and away the weakest player Barcelona have on the pitch.

I dunno why they don't replace him, Philadelphia has the same problem since Hextall left and it seems like up until they went hard for Bryzgalov they didnt think goalies were important to winning.
Well, maybe i don't watch enough Barca games. But I do watch CL, and haven't really noticed him being shaky. Maybe he has a reputation based on previous years? Dunno..

Old
07-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Valdes isn't Almunia bad but he is closer to that level than he is to world-class keepers like Casillas or Reina.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Millhaus

Quote:

What Valdes isn't as far as a traditional goaltender goes he more than makes up for as one of if not the best goaltenders with the ball at his feet in the world IMO, which is a very valuable attribute in Barca's system.

And as far as his normal goal keeping skills go he is a pretty darn good shot stopper IMO. Like many continental goaltenders he doesn't love the high ball into the box but he isn't poor at them.

He isn't St. Iker and he isn't Reina as far as traditional keepers go but there is no shame in being the 3rd choice keeper to those 2 and for Barca he provides something those two do not.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:44 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Well there it is Arsenal fans....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...persie-arsenal

I feel for you...

Old
07-04-2012, 07:57 PM
artilector

Quote:

I feel for you...
Too bad, the only England club that was playing truly creative soccer..

Old
07-07-2012, 01:27 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Quote:

I feel for you...
Kinda expected it when he wasnt signed by the UCL final. Honestly dont think this is a big of blow on the field as losing Fab Nasri and Wilshere in one offseason was with only one replacement in for them, so I think the team will be fine, but no Persie means they go from EPL outside contenders to hopeful 3rd/4th finisher again (Chelsea is in a very similar situation with not a lot of proven EPL talent leading the front line starting next season).

However, I am very disappointed in how he went about it, totally unprofessional and I don't know if he just didnt think it through or didnt care. Never really thought he was the smartest guy so I'm gonna guess that he didnt see how big of a dick move it was to announce it that way, that he honestly thought he was helping out his fans, cause he has kinda taken it upon himself to try and force Arsenal to spend money to win trophies so he prob thinks he is the good guy here.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Millhaus

I don't have a problem with how Arsenal run their club and I don't have a problem with their top players deciding they need to leave to win major trophies and also make top top dollar while they are doing it.

I was an Ajax fan long before I became an Arsenal fan and had no problem accepting Ajax's place in the game when the Bosman ruling came down and many of the '95 Champions Cup winning and '96 finalist side ended up walking away for nothing.

Arsenal are who they are and having watched the likes of Leeds implode because they tried harder then they could afford to keep up with the big boys having a financially stable club is very important to me. If I have to wait 20 years for another EPL title Fever Pitch style I am ok with that. And I don't want my club bought by foreign gas/oil money like Chelski, Citeh, and PSG or mortgaged to the hilt like ManUre or Liverpool before being sold last year.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Foreign money already owns 30% and is apparently happy to stir crapstorm in hopes of making some changes happen.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Foreign money already owns 30% and is apparently happy to stir crapstorm in hopes of making some changes happen.
Foreign money owns a whole lot more than that but the ones with a controlling interest thankfully adhere to the long standing principles of a club that more than lives within it's means.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Foreign money owns about all of Arsenal seeing as Stan Kroenke owns almost 70% himself. Only he doesn't like to play sugar daddy with oil money like Chelski and Citeh or with borrowed money like Man U does and the Scousebags did.

Tottenham is pretty good about balancing their books too, but they are pretty much inferior to Arsenal in everything, which is to be expected since they have a far larger English influence.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

John Terry, cleared, let the heavens rejoice and Chelsea haters cry.

Old
07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
LFC spurs in Baltimore are 50% off on groupon right now

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:13 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe Caps fans should sue for refunds like AC Milan fans....lol....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...c-thiago-silva

Old
07-25-2012, 04:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh yeah baby....high hopes for this kid...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-internacional

Old
07-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Foy

Down goes Spain!

Old
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Good to see the MLS All Stars win last night. Entertaining...

Old
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Foy

Quote:
Good to see the MLS All Stars win last night. Entertaining...
I was at the game. It was eh. The Philly fans were something else.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I was at the game. It was eh. The Philly fans were something else.
You got to see Eddie Johnson score against an EPL team. Your life is complete.

Old
08-04-2012, 07:50 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Ooof....Sturridge misses and Team GB is out. Time to sell him Roman...