HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Futbol II

Old
08-24-2012, 02:00 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
We...?

Yes you and your long time beloved Chelski got the win...
Does it matter? I was new to the EPL last season and after watching a lot of teams, I liked Chelsea best even though it was a tough EPL regular season. Winning Europe was lucky indeed, but I was clearly rooting for them early on if you read my posts.

I must have missed the memo where Chelsea wasn't accepting new fans. Guess I should sell my tickets for Nov 25 and cancel my trip to England for Thanksgiving...darn those new fan regulations.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Does it matter? I was new to the EPL last season and after watching a lot of teams, I liked Chelsea best even though it was a tough EPL regular season. Winning Europe was lucky indeed, but I was clearly rooting for them early on if you read my posts.

I must have missed the memo where Chelsea wasn't accepting new fans. Guess I should sell my tickets for Nov 25 and cancel my trip to England for Thanksgiving...darn those new fan regulations.
Keep supporting 'your' team carpetbagger and don't get too comfortable in that shade of blue. I hear PSG is printing out a bunch of new fan applications on it and something tells me one has your name on it...

Millhaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Keep supporting 'your' team carpetbagger and don't get too comfortable in that shade of blue. I hear PSG is printing out a bunch of new fan applications on it and something tells me one has your name on it...
LOL....funny stuff kid. Seriously...keep em coming...between you and Brad, you've got bitter sports fan all locked up.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
LOL....funny stuff kid. Seriously...keep em coming...between you and Brad, you've got bitter sports fan all locked up.
Keep pretending you know something about a sport you clearly don't know squat about...

Old
08-24-2012, 02:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Keep pretending you know something about a sport you clearly don't know squat about...
LOL....you're hilarious kid. You can't ever simply discuss a point in this forum without coming across like a total d-bag can you? Thank God I'm not so petty and small minded as to care about who roots for my team. Professional counseling might be in order for you.

Sorry in advance Langway and Mrwarden....

Old
08-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Millhaus

Yes I'm the ****** because your incredible lack of understanding of the game won't let you grasp that friendly results don't mean anything. Was it notable that they won? Sure. Should the players be happy? Of course winning is better than losing. Does it mean anything that the US B team beat the Mexican B team? Nope.

But please keep treating us to your wealth of knowledge on the subject...

Old
08-25-2012, 11:18 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
I don't care about who you picked to root for, everyone gets a team at some point.

You do clearly know very little about the sport though, thats pretty obvious to everyone that does, and you don't seem very aware of it. Sometimes it seems like you are trolling with the stuff you post....its that wrong.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Hell, all Bunker Bob ended up getting out of the "monumental" win vs Spain in 09 were fetishes Ricardo Clark and Robbie Findley.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Yawn, one American based supporter of a European club criticizing a supporter of another different European club. What fun.

While I don't exactly find that there are many Chelsea fans in general, people are welcome to decide to support whoever they want. Even if they make that decision only recently. Especially when the ability to follow Football in the US has only recently become readily available over the last 5-7 years, and only increasingly so in the past two or three.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Millhaus

I'm sure we would all agree that was a HUGE friendly victory by the 'Skins tonight over the Colts. I can not even begin to think about what the implications of this victory are going to be over the course of this season and for many seasons to come.

Celebrate good times, come on...!

Old
08-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Foy

I miss this thread being about soccer.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Skrtel giveth and Skrtel taketh away...two points gone...that hurts.

Old
08-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Foy

Quote:
Skrtel giveth and Skrtel taketh away...two points gone...that hurts.
True, but if you told most Liverpool fans that they'd earn a tie before the match, I imagine they'd take it.

Old
08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
True, but if you told most Liverpool fans that they'd earn a tie before the match, I imagine they'd take it.
For sure, but to be so close and give it away on that bad of a blunder...whew....tough one.

Old
08-26-2012, 11:23 PM
artilector

Random thoughts..

I used to watch English and Italian league games regularly when they started getting broadcast here.. but now having watched Barca and Team Spain over the last few years, everything else has paled in comparison. Amateurs, the lot of them, lol.

I am a bit intrigued by that Eden Hazard guy in Chelsea, though. They've been a sturdy, boring club for a long while now, probably since the days of Robben (and he was always injured, anyway).. it would be interesting to see what they can do with a spark of creativity. Also would be great to see Torres recover his form, at his best he's a great, great striker.

And it's pretty sad what's happened with Wenger and Arsenal. They had such a promising team just a couple of years ago, Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, so much style, and it all just fell apart. I have a feeling that Wenger is a great coach, just wrong place/wrong time.

Still, the Spanish superclubs are head and shoulders above the rest, IMO. There really needs to be a Barca-Real CL final while Ronaldo, Casillas and Mourinho are still the stars in Madrid. Messi is younger, he'll be around for a while, but it wouldn't be the same without the main nemesis.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Champion's league draw complete.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ive?intcmp=239

Group D is the group of death.

Group D

Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund

Old
08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Foy

Chelsea's draw is tough, but it's like the diet coke of tough compared to group D.

Old
08-30-2012, 12:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

True....I would have liked to see Juventus in another group for sure.

Happy to see City get the shaft.....muahahahaaaaa....

Old
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Andy Carroll on loan to West Ham.

Hilarious.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Random thoughts..

I used to watch English and Italian league games regularly when they started getting broadcast here.. but now having watched Barca and Team Spain over the last few years, everything else has paled in comparison. Amateurs, the lot of them, lol.

I am a bit intrigued by that Eden Hazard guy in Chelsea, though. They've been a sturdy, boring club for a long while now, probably since the days of Robben (and he was always injured, anyway).. it would be interesting to see what they can do with a spark of creativity. Also would be great to see Torres recover his form, at his best he's a great, great striker.

And it's pretty sad what's happened with Wenger and Arsenal. They had such a promising team just a couple of years ago, Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, so much style, and it all just fell apart. I have a feeling that Wenger is a great coach, just wrong place/wrong time.

Still, the Spanish superclubs are head and shoulders above the rest, IMO. There really needs to be a Barca-Real CL final while Ronaldo, Casillas and Mourinho are still the stars in Madrid. Messi is younger, he'll be around for a while, but it wouldn't be the same without the main nemesis.
It's only a few games but Hazard is more than living up to his billing so far. He's been really fun to watch. Brings a totally new dimension to their attack and look at what it's doing for Torres so far. Win Win....

Old
08-30-2012, 08:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post

Hilarious.
WOW....and Sturridge to Liverpool on loan looks like the replacement. I'd rather Liverpool just buy the guy and be done with him honestly.

Berbatov to Fulham...that should be a nice addition for them.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post

Hilarious.

I'm shocked they can't find a taker other than Fat Sam for that. Just shocked on every level.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 10:01 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post

I'm shocked they can't find a taker other than Fat Sam for that. Just shocked on every level.
64 MPH? That gives me a headache just thinking about it.

I bet Jeff Schultz is jealous, he can't even do a slap shot that fast.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:22 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Charlie Adam from Liverpool to Stoke.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor