HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Futbol II

Old
06-09-2012, 03:40 PM
sycamore

vCash: 500
Wow Portugal blows two huge opportunities towards the end of the game.
Germans dont look that impressive -- I've seen way better German teams before. They're big and imposing, but they appear to lack the killer instinct of past teams.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
SiberianHockey

Beautiful game. Portugal created more scoring chances than Germany. I believe both teams will go through.

SiberianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
EHCler

Puh working win for Germans. Tactical Chess game by 2 good teams.
3 points that is what counts. Important to get into the tournament after the way to short preperation time.

I really believe Germany can and will do better in the remaining games. Very good performance by Hummels and Boateng.

Netherlands with the back against the wall. Very tough group.

EHCler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
England hater, got it. I enjoy the EPL not because of the TV revenues, but because they have the best overall collection of talent IMO (a few other teams worldwide aside). I don't think they're a World Cup contender no...but still a team not to be taken lightly. It's a shame they're so banged up.
No one cares why you watch it.

They can collect all the talent they want but the national team won't be a power when all the talent they are buying are from places not named England the home grown talent are technically limited. This was supposed to be the last run for their "Golden Generation" which tells you where they are talentwise when they were above average at their best.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

So far 2 surprises for me: the big and obvious one - Denmark's victory over Oranje, the small one - Russian 4 goals against Čech. Plus the opening game had a lot of drama. Great tourney so far.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Cech looking bad is no surprise, he has been underwhelming for the last few international tournaments. The Russians could have put up double digits yesterday if they wanted to, the Czech defense was that bad.

Old
06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
EHCler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post

They can collect all the talent they want but the national team won't be a power when all the talent they are buying are from places not named England the home grown talent are technically limited. This was supposed to be the last run for their "Golden Generation" which tells you where they are talentwise when they were above average at their best.
Well to be honest in the last 10 years the "golden generation" was their problem. None of the multiple coaches managed to actually get them to play together well as a team. Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham and Scholes were/are all amazing players but especially Lampard and Gerrard never played well together (outside that one sad night in Munich). Same goes for Terry, Ferdinand and Campbell all fantastic central defenders but they also never complimented each other well. In addition goalie position filled with below average goalies. No coach till now managed that situation. It is not about fielding the 11 best players but the best team

Might actually be a blessing for England to not have this problem this time. To leave Rio at home is a bold decision, but if you in my eyes correctly want to break up the not working partnership in central defense it was a decision that needed to be made. The Lampard Gerrard issue resolved itself.

If it does not work out the Hogdson will have massive problems.
It is time to install a suitable playingstile and build a team.

EHCler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 09:40 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post

So angry "brah"....hilarious...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCler View Post
Well to be honest in the last 10 years the "golden generation" was their problem. None of the multiple coaches managed to actually get them to play together well as a team. Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham and Scholes were/are all amazing players but especially Lampard and Gerrard never played well together (outside that one sad night in Munich). Same goes for Terry, Ferdinand and Campbell all fantastic central defenders but they also never complimented each other well. In addition goalie position filled with below average goalies. No coach till now managed that situation. It is not about fielding the 11 best players but the best team

Might actually be a blessing for England to not have this problem this time. To leave Rio at home is a bold decision, but if you in my eyes correctly want to break up the not working partnership in central defense it was a decision that needed to be made. The Lampard Gerrard issue resolved itself.

If it does not work out the Hogdson will have massive problems.
It is time to install a suitable playingstile and build a team.
For them to change their development and playing style, they would have to admit the English would have to admit they got something wrong, and they have a harder time doing than CCF even when it's obvious.

That comes down to their backasswards player development. They try to develop the same types of players to fit their conservative 4-4-2 that they don't want to give up on because it's part of their backasswards soccer culture. So instead of developing players' technical skills and then letting natural talent separate them like the soccer powers do, England ends up being stuck with all their top talent all being redundant. Then you get players hating each other because of club rivalries and the fact that they are fighting for playing time for the same spot on the NT. They are lucky Joe Hart is around because their next two keepers aren't even EPL quality.

The Eredivise isn't anywhere near the EPL in terms of talent collection but they do such a good job of developing the domestic talent that the NT is usually in better shape than England's.

Old
06-10-2012, 03:01 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Robben isn't a winner to me. Every time I see him in high stake games he just can't put the team ahead of himself in the crucial moment.

I would have bet anyone a large sum on the spot that he would miss the penalty against Chelsea in extra time.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:49 AM
sycamore

Spain's offence in the first half was liek the S O B line: tons of great passes, no one wants to shoot.

Old
06-10-2012, 01:32 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Entertaining match. Di Natale should start for Italy if he's fit. He's deadly. I'm gradually disliking Fabregas more and more...Iniesta...so so good, Silva too.

Old
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Torres is Balotelli without the entertainment, which pretty much makes him a perfect fit on that awful Irish team.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Otaru

Loved seeing Pirlo push up to make that beautiful play with Di Natale... what a difference that guy makes with the Italian squad.

Otaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
Spain's offence in the first half was liek the S O B line: tons of great passes, no one wants to shoot.
Well when you don't start a striker I think that is to be expected IMO...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Heh, Dzagoev scored again. What a big surprise he has been.

Old
06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
sycamore

Polish crowd seems like they want this game desperately -- really want to stick it to the Russians.

Old
06-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Polish crowd seems like they want this game desperately -- really want to stick it to the Russians.
Well, even if Poland loses today they can still advance by winning on 16th vs Czechs.

P.S. And a tie is acceptable for both teams.

Old
06-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Millhaus

And after 2 games each every team could still get out of that group and they could all win the group except for realistically Greece.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
sycamore

So far I've been pretty impressed with Italy, Russia and Poland. Spain and Germany obviously have the horses but they need to start clicking.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
I love having summers off when there's a good soccer competition.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
So far I've been pretty impressed with Italy, Russia and Poland. Spain and Germany obviously have the horses but they need to start clicking.
With respect to Italy, Spain, and Germany it is hard to draw any conclusions based on 1 game.

Obviously you need to play well enough to get out of their groups but in these kinds of tournaments you don't need to start really playing all that well until you get to the knockout stages.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:21 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Italy looked better than I expected. I was expecting a heavy dose of defend-only football based upon commentary on Talksport the day of....

Spain and Germany look typical to me. The Germans usually just find a way to win. Spain misses Villa badly. They seem to lack that killer finisher right now. Even though Torres is playing better, I'm not sure he's the answer for them right now.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Millhaus

Again Spain didn't even start a striker against Italy so of course they were missing a finisher for much of that game. That clearly was an experiment though. I would be surprised if either Torres or Llorente didn't get the start against Ireland tomorrow.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:39 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Yep and it showed....lots of possession, no finishing ability...

I wonder if they didn't just expect Italy to completely collapse and defend, so they thought they would break through eventually somewhat regardless of the striker.