HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Canucks/ Feb. 15th 8MT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2012, 10:27 AM
  #26
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I believe this is part of the reason hockey is struggling to gain popularity in the US. People don't want to stay up until 11 or 12 o'clock to watch a game (multiple times a week).
Heck, my friends and I despise 7pm starts here in the city. 6 o'clock would be so much better. But yes, I remember in high school struggling to stay awake towards the tail end of a game because of 8-8:30 start times. Very impractical and hard to get the "young fans" into the sport.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
  #27
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,059
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
Pretty good article on O'Reilly.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_19966982
At last, we've found Joe Sacco's replacement.

Brian O'Reilly.

Good article though and I am always impressed by O'Reilly's dedication towards improving himself. There's people who say they want to be better... and then there is people do become better.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
  #28
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Heck, my friends and I despise 7pm starts here in the city. 6 o'clock would be so much better. But yes, I remember in high school struggling to stay awake towards the tail end of a game because of 8-8:30 start times. Very impractical and hard to get the "young fans" into the sport.
IMO, 7 PM is the perfect time. The vast majority of people get off work between 5 and 6 pm. That gives them enough time to get to the arena, or get home, in time to watch the start of the game. The games also end before 10 pm (unless you have OT), which isn't too late.

I think if you move it up to a 6 PM start, you're going to have late arriving crowds, and lower TV ratings. I imagine it would also effect your season ticket sales, as people aren't going to want to pay to only be able see 2/3 of games, esp. 41 of them.

As for moving West, yeah the 8-8:30 times will/would suck. Maybe they can agree to start all division games at 6:30 ET and 7:30 MT...

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
  #29
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,306
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
At last, we've found Joe Sacco's replacement.

Brian O'Reilly.

Good article though and I am always impressed by O'Reilly's dedication towards improving himself. There's people who say they want to be better... and then there is people do become better.
We need BOR to have a chat with Duchene.

"You know that spinning stuff you? Yah stop that *****"

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
  #30
BrickAHL
No More
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
Uhh..

http://****yeahpaulstastny.tumblr.com/



Edit: Replace the **** with the F word.

Edit:Edit: Am I late to the party or something? There is one for O'Reilly and Duchene too.. *Probably more but I will look later.
So ****ing awesome

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:06 PM
  #31
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon
 
AMDZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
We need BOR to have a chat with Duchene.

"You know that spinning stuff you? Yah stop that *****"
Lawl

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
  #32
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,878
vCash: 500


LOL. Paul looks just the same!

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
  #33
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
IMO, 7 PM is the perfect time. The vast majority of people get off work between 5 and 6 pm. That gives them enough time to get to the arena, or get home, in time to watch the start of the game. The games also end before 10 pm (unless you have OT), which isn't too late.

I think if you move it up to a 6 PM start, you're going to have late arriving crowds, and lower TV ratings. I imagine it would also effect your season ticket sales, as people aren't going to want to pay to only be able see 2/3 of games, esp. 41 of them.

As for moving West, yeah the 8-8:30 times will/would suck. Maybe they can agree to start all division games at 6:30 ET and 7:30 MT...
See, we like to go out for drinks afterwards, so the earlier the start, the better, haha. But I do understand- it can be quite the challenge to coordinate us just because of when we all get off from work and whatnot. An earlier start is my personal preference.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
  #34
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Just thought I'd let you all know that Galiardi is back in the line-up tonight (thanks to our good friend Marc Moser)

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
  #35
Gumballhead
Registered User
 
Gumballhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
See, we like to go out for drinks afterwards, so the earlier the start, the better, haha. But I do understand- it can be quite the challenge to coordinate us just because of when we all get off from work and whatnot. An earlier start is my personal preference.
I see, Foppagirl, or should I say...DAVID JONES.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:12 PM
  #36
TheStranger
Registered User
 
TheStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Just thought I'd let you all know that Galiardi is back in the line-up tonight (thanks to our good friend Marc Moser)
Did Marc Moser threaten Sacco's life if he didn't put him back in or something?

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
  #37
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,306
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Just thought I'd let you all know that Galiardi is back in the line-up tonight (thanks to our good friend Marc Moser)
Shouldnt have been scratched to begin with. Just more dumb Sacco moves.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
  #38
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
I see, Foppagirl, or should I say...DAVID JONES.
What a twist! Jones not only posts on these boards about his drinking, but he also pretends to be a woman!

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:30 PM
  #39
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avengers.jpg‎ (174.8 KB, 44 views)

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
  #40
Tralfamadore
So it goes
 
Tralfamadore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500
For once I would love to see us beat the Canucks. I'm really feeling it tonight. Any word on who is starting in net?

Loving the Bon Iver!!!!

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
  #41
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
^O'Reilly is a bit frightening!

And no, this is not Jones alter ego. I know, I am such a buzzkill.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  #42
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONIVER View Post
For once I would love to see us beat the Canucks. I'm really feeling it tonight. Any word on who is starting in net?

Loving the Bon Iver!!!!
Giguere for us, Bobby Lu for Van.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #43
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Has anyone seen this?
That's awesome who made that?

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
  #44
thedoctor
                    
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAv View Post
That's awesome who made that?
it's from MHH.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
  #45
Unaffiliated
Registered User
 
Unaffiliated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,280
vCash: 500
If I didn't have this stupid math midterm on friday, I'd be going to this game

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
  #46
Razor29
0-0-0
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Has anyone seen this?




Mueller is so creepy.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:28 PM
  #47
Flanagan
Registered Loser
 
Flanagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,682
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Has anyone seen this?
Theoretically, this would be a great top 6.

Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:35 PM
  #48
Flanagan
Registered Loser
 
Flanagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,682
vCash: 900
Also:

Iron man - injured
Captain America - born in canada
Hulk - weighs about 200 lbs
Hawkeye - must wear a tinted visor to protect eyes

I don't know who Hejduk is supposed to be, and Landeskog pretty much is Thor already, so I can't say anything about those two.

Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
  #49
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,596
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
Also:

Iron man - injured
Captain America - born in canada
Hulk - weighs about 200 lbs
Hawkeye - must wear a tinted visor to protect eyes

I don't know who Hejduk is supposed to be, and Landeskog pretty much is Thor already, so I can't say anything about those two.
Hejduk is supposed to be Nick Fury...Samuel L. Jackson's character from the Iron Man movies

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:43 PM
  #50
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
I don't know who Hejduk is supposed to be, and Landeskog pretty much is Thor already, so I can't say anything about those two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Hejduk is supposed to be Nick Fury...Samuel L. Jackson's character from the Iron Man movies
So they got that one wrong too since Hejduk isn't black.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.