HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn's Future: Is it in Montreal?

View Poll Results: What will happen to Le Frère André?
Traded before trade deadline 98 54.14%
Departure as UFA 25 13.81%
Back in Montreal next year 58 32.04%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
AK has never shied away from saying he needs more ice time. This isn't the first time.
I don't think it was a retaliation.

I think it's simply that he needs more ice time that the 4min he got last game. Even if he was absolutely horrendous during those 4 minutes, which he wasn't btw but for the sake of the argument let's pretend he was, there are players that can play bad for the first few shifts of a game and then pick it up. 2 shifts in the first period? Really? Why? So that Darche, Leblanc and Palushaj can play more?
That's ********.
I do agree with you there. Palushaj has showed nothing, seeing him playing on the ice over Kostitsyn sucks.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
So I guess you expect him to be more mature and professional than his coach - the guy who benched and embarrassed him after TWO shifts and then willingly bashed him to the media. Even the Antichambre clowns can't believe what's happening with the Habs!
I do think he should be more mature. But the coach played the first move, he should never have publicly bashed Kostitsyn either.

Two are in the wrong.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:40 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Im not sure if any of you were listening to Ron Fournier last night on 98.5FM?

well the guuuuy, he went on a big rant screaming like a fool that he wants AK TRADED for a 2nd pick, and gomez bought out at the end of the season.

He's like Andrei K laaaa...c'est fini! C'est fini c'est fini c'est finiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the sad part is when everyone was calling, they were all repeating what ron was saying. AK needs to go and Gomer sent to the minors. I found it really pathetic how people that call his show are a bunch of sheep.

As for the AK hate, I dont get why Ron is hating on AK so much, wtf did he do? the 3turnover ******** that Mr. Freckleface said? I dont know but after yesterday I realised how full of **** ron fournier is...

Then I put it on the Anti-Chambre and they all wanted more AK...

Just felt like sharing my opinion on Ron Fournier and how I'm done with listening to his stupid show...I mean hate on Gomez all you want that I understand, but the AK hate that came out from nowhere is too much...unless if I missed something here on AK...

If AK keeps getting benched like this I hope he gets traded even though I want him to stay here forever...

I want RC, PG, RL, even J.Molson all gone by the end of the season.

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
So I guess you expect him to be more mature and professional than his coach - the guy who benched and embarrassed him after TWO shifts and then willingly bashed him to the media. Even the Antichambre clowns can't believe what's happening with the Habs!
That is because Gagnon wasn't there.

Therrien likes Andrei alot and he said he dindt understand why Andrei has no room for any error while others ....

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Im not sure if any of you were listening to Ron Fournier last night on 98.5FM?

well the guuuuy, he went on a big rant screaming like a fool that he wants AK TRADED for a 2nd pick, and gomez bought out at the end of the season.

He's like Andrei K laaaa...c'est fini! C'est fini c'est fini c'est finiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the sad part is when everyone was calling, they were all repeating what ron was saying. AK needs to go and Gomer sent to the minors. I found it really pathetic how people that call his show are a bunch of sheep.

As for the AK hate, I dont get why Ron is hating on AK so much, wtf did he do? the 3turnover ******** that Mr. Freckleface said? I dont know but after yesterday I realised how full of **** ron fournier is...

Then I put it on the Anti-Chambre and they all wanted more AK...

Just felt like sharing my opinion on Ron Fournier and how I'm done with listening to his stupid show...I mean hate on Gomez all you want that I understand, but the AK hate that came out from nowhere is too much...unless if I missed something here on AK...

If AK keeps getting benched like this I hope he gets traded even though I want him to stay here forever...

I want RC, PG, RL, even J.Molson all gone by the end of the season.
I was surprised at the love he got from L'antichambre guys..
Ron Fournier is kind of just a fool acting funny behind a mic...

Old
02-15-2012, 10:45 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
AK has never shied away from saying he needs more ice time. This isn't the first time.
I don't think it was a retaliation.

I think it's simply that he needs more ice time that the 4min he got last game. Even if he was absolutely horrendous during those 4 minutes, which he wasn't btw but for the sake of the argument let's pretend he was, there are players that can play bad for the first few shifts of a game and then pick it up. 2 shifts in the first period? Really? Why? So that Darche, Leblanc and Palushaj can play more?
That's ********.

What's even more of a pisser, is that we have a coaching staff that is likely here on an interim basis, and yet manage to possibly piss off one of our most skilled forward to the point of him maybe requesting a trade. A job well done.
RC said he benched him for his giveaways. The giveaway that "led" to the Canes first goal wasn't actually a bad way. He made a nice outlet pass to Plek. Plek stretched out and missed it by inches. The official scoresheet didn't register it as a giveaway (blatant as RC put it). Yes, the Canes scored shorty after but the goal came from a point shot (that Price usually saves quite easily) from the opposite side of the ice.

I agree that AK's had slow starts the last 2 or 3 games. On Saturday, his third was atrocious but he played well in the 2nd and the 3rd. On Monday, he didn't have the chance to play - he watched Mathieu Darche play 4 on 4 with less than two minutes left and the team needing a goal. Darche didn't score.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think at this point it may be better for both parties to part ways.

Seems like he is in a rut here and noit being used in the right situations. it's not so much the occasional benchings as his regular ice time being 15:17 on average and getting little PP time. If you bench him when he is struggling, feed him ice time when things are going well. His minimum can go to as low as 4 minutes but his max has only been above 20 minutes 3 times.

As for the Habs...with Bourque Gionta Cole and Pacioretty all signed/under control for 2 or more years, I doubt they want to spend that much on a 3rd line guy with LeBlanc Palushaj Kristo Gallagher Quailer Holland coming in the next 2-3 years.

I think the best plan is to trade him for a high pick or good young player...then next summer...try for a high end winger(Parise Semin Hemsky?) and if that fails get a guy like Penner Boyes Stoll Wolski(should get non tendered) Hejduk Langenbrunner for 1 year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Just reported live on TSN Radio 990, Kostitsyn after practice told reporters; "I haven't asked for a trade yet, but maybe it could happen soon. I want to play, I am on bench." Don't have a link as it hasn't been posted on their website's podcast, but tune in to hear it as they may play it repeatedly over the course of the day.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:51 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
That is because Gagnon wasn't there.

Therrien likes Andrei alot and he said he dindt understand why Andrei has no room for any error while others ....
Even Michel Bergeron and Gaston Therrien are baffled by the treatment he's received from RC. Actually, Gaston Therrien has been saying for weeks that AK needs to play more and to be put in a situation to succeed. I won't base my opinion on their opinions but it's interesting. No one there likes Gomez though!

Mario Tremblay is a goof though. On l'Antichambre, he agrees with the other guys that AK's not getting a fair shake. Then he goes on the radio and agrees with Villeneuve and Fournier that he's a bum and needs to be traded. Funnier yet, a week ago, Villleneuve and Fournier were singing AK's praises, urging the Habs to sign him.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:59 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Just reported live on TSN Radio 990, Kostitsyn after practice told reporters; "I haven't asked for a trade yet, but maybe it could happen soon. I want to play, I am on bench." Don't have a link as it hasn't been posted on their website's podcast, but tune in to hear it as they may play it repeatedly over the course of the day.
And according to RDS, AK and Gomez will be playing together tonight... or should I say, freezing on the bench together tonight.

RC had three choices :

1 - sit them both - that would at least be in line with his poor assessment of their play. Why dress passengers, as he called them?

2 - dress them both but let them freeze - what's the point? It's not good for the team to have two vets sit there, especially after you called them passengers and your assistant coach got into a hissy fit with Gomez for all to see.

3 - dress them both and play them decent minutes with Ryan White - they may be more productive than in the stands or on the bench.

RC is partly to blame for this mess and maybe he needs to meet with both of them and give them a boost of confidence until AK gets traded and Gomez - well I don't know.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
And according to RDS, AK and Gomez will be playing together tonight... or should I say, freezing on the bench together tonight.
As per TSN Radio 990, after the practice in Brossard, Gomez and Kostitsyn were skating on the fourth line together BUT are game-time decisions.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think at this point it may be better for both parties to part ways.

Seems like he is in a rut here and noit being used in the right situations. it's not so much the occasional benchings as his regular ice time being 15:17 on average and getting little PP time. If you bench him when he is struggling, feed him ice time when things are going well. His minimum can go to as low as 4 minutes but his max has only been above 20 minutes 3 times.

As for the Habs...with Bourque Gionta Cole and Pacioretty all signed/under control for 2 or more years, I doubt they want to spend that much on a 3rd line guy with LeBlanc Palushaj Kristo Gallagher Quailer Holland coming in the next 2-3 years.

I think the best plan is to trade him for a high pick or good young player...then next summer...try for a high end winger(Parise Semin Hemsky?) and if that fails get a guy like Penner Boyes Stoll Wolski(should get non tendered) Hejduk Langenbrunner for 1 year.
How are Penner, Hemsky, boyes, Stoll, Lagenbrunnerand (oh god...) Wolski better than Kostitsyn ??? Seriously think about it FIRST they will be or are all paid more than him (or equal..) they all have equal or less of a production and are not home grown. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

Old
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
This will be ANOTHER ONE the habs give away ...

Wasn't good enough to see

Poulliot, Halak, Spacek all DIRECTLY sink Habs playoff hopes this year!!!

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

RC had three choices :

1 - sit them both - that would at least be in line with his poor assessment of their play. Why dress passengers, as he called them?

2 - dress them both but let them freeze - what's the point? It's not good for the team to have two vets sit there, especially after you called them passengers and your assistant coach got into a hissy fit with Gomez for all to see.

3 - dress them both and play them decent minutes with Ryan White - they may be more productive than in the stands or on the bench.

RC is partly to blame for this mess and maybe he needs to meet with both of them and give them a boost of confidence until AK gets traded and Gomez - well I don't know.
I hope he at least gives them a chance to produce tonight. AK usually plays well against Boston, doesn't mind running over Lucic or Chara.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I hope he at least gives them a chance to produce tonight. AK usually plays well against Boston, doesn't mind running over Lucic or Chara.
How can people not like the only player in this team that hits both of them ? Well except gionta.

If RC doesn't give him a chance to prove he's not worthy of a bench warmer then RC is just a little sad girl who is too proud to admit he's wrong ( See JM .)

Old
02-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Erik Estrada

AK's either in their plans or not. If he's not. he needs to be traded before the deadline...

Get anything you can get in terms of pick/prospects for AK. Better to get anything right now instead of nothing at the end of the season.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Discuss contract before February 27th. If nothing comes out of it, trade him.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:08 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

I cant wait for this season to be over...

It's by far the most painful season to watch...

Just give us that first round pick already!

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Stradale

Quote:

RC had three choices :

I don't think Gomez doesn't want to win but he has become a poison for his teammates. Nobody can play well with him. He doesn't create anything for his linemates anymore.

Like I said earlier in this thread, AK was doing fine (6 pts in 8 games) before playing with Gomez and since they played together, AK ice-time drops terribly. If RC wants to see AK play well, put him with any other center, not Gomez who hasn't done anything this season and history has proved that AK and Gomez does not work well together. In the 15 games or so they played together last season, AK has something like 1 assist and -10.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Discuss contract before February 27th. If nothing comes out of it, trade him.
Well, that's the way I'd go. I guess because in my mind AK can still be a player worth keeping. For management, they have to decide if they think he's a player worth keeping. Probably they already have decided (should have by now). If he is worth keeping... discuss contract and if nothing comes of it, trade him. If he isn't worth keeping... don't even discuss contract, trade him.

Any bets on us keeping him through the trade deadline and letting him walk UFA on July 1st instead, though?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

If you sign him right now it's like sending an arrow to the knee of RC. Won't happen.
And i think RC will be back next year..

Old
02-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't think Gomez doesn't want to win but he has become a poison for his teammates. Nobody can play well with him. He doesn't create anything for his linemates anymore.

Like I said earlier in this thread, AK was doing fine (6 pts in 8 games) before playing with Gomez and since they played together, AK ice-time drops terribly. If RC wants to see AK play well, put him with any other center, not Gomez who hasn't done anything this season and history has proved that AK and Gomez does not work well together. In the 15 games or so they played together last season, AK has something like 1 assist and -10.
It's not just AK, look at how ''well'' the Plek-Bourque-Gomez line did when they were together. But Plek/Bourque didn't get benched.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, that's the way I'd go. I guess because in my mind AK can still be a player worth keeping. For management, they have to decide if they think he's a player worth keeping. Probably they already have decided (should have by now). If he is worth keeping... discuss contract and if nothing comes of it, trade him. If he isn't worth keeping... don't even discuss contract, trade him.

Any bets on us keeping him through the trade deadline and letting him walk UFA on July 1st instead, though?
That's the problem. So many times have the Habs kept a pending UFA player, only to see him walk and sign with another team in the off-season rather then acquire something in return.

I think Andrei is a player worth keeping and I think the Habs should extend out their arm and offer him a contract over 2-3 years, depending on the money he is asking for. If nothing comes of it, whether he wants more money or more years, you then put it out there that he is on the block. Whether that nets you a 2nd or a 3rd or whatever, you do it because you know this guy is walking after the season is done.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I cant wait for this season to be over...

It's by far the most painful season to watch...

Just give us that first round pick already!
Thing is next season might be similar too.
Way to many question mark right now to be positive for me.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Seb
Need more Therrien

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Interesting tweets :

Guillaume Lefrançois @GLefrancoisRC
#Habs Kostitsyn : «C’est dur d’être assis au banc. Tu regardes le match et tu te fais dire que tu es le prochain. Mais je gèle sur le banc.»

#Habs Kostitsyn: «L’entraîneur pense probablement que je suis le seul à perdre la rondelle. C’est peut-être pour ça qu’il me garde au banc.»

#Habs Kostitsyn : « Je veux jouer ici, mais j’ai besoin de jouer plus.»

#Habs AK46: «Il veut que je dégage derrière les D pour jouer dans leur zone. J’ai essayé au dernier match, mais je suis encore au banc.»

#habs On a dit à Cunneyworth que Kostitsyn n'avait pas demandé une transaction, mais qu'il y pensait (1 de 2)

#Habs Réponse de Randy: «Je ne suis pas au courant, il ne m’en a pas parlé. Il y a une façon d’aider si tu y penses, c’est de bien jouer.»

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote