HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who are these guys? Offensive juggernaut last 3 games

Old
02-14-2012, 10:21 PM
SAvery16*

vCash: 500
Who are these guys? Offensive juggernaut last 3 games

Has anyone else noticed a different team the past 3 games?

Even though we have been in first for the duration of the season, we still looked somewhat inept with regards to scoring goals at times.

The last 3 games we have simply looked unbeatable. This scoring attack has looked better than I have ever seen it from the Rangers. All four lines have been able generate pressure/scoring opportunities, and our overall speed has looked phenomenal.

I just wish we could take this team into the playoffs right now.

SAvery16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Fanned On It

Is because we're getting super duper lucky!! This team aint going NOWHERE in the playoffs.......

But anyway, I had some kid at work (Toronto fan from canada) tell me that the Rangers were going to be out in the first round of the playoffs because all they do is "barely grind out wins". I'm gonna go have a talk with him now... see ya!

LGR!

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Has anyone else noticed a different team the past 3 games?

Even though we have been in first for the duration of the season, we still looked somewhat inept with regards to scoring goals at times.

The last 3 games we have simply looked unbeatable. This scoring attack has looked better than I have ever seen it from the Rangers. All four lines have been able generate pressure/scoring opportunities, and our overall speed has looked phenomenal.

I just wish we could take this team into the playoffs right now.
I don't think that tonight was a good example of what you're talking about, but the Philadelphia and Washington games certainly were. There is definite reason to be excited.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

A man named Ryan Callahan was told that his role on the hockey team was only to grind along the boards and block shots.

This displeased him.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
They were out shot 42-20 last night or something like that. The last 2 periods looked like a giant penalty kill. What offensive juggernaut?

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:50 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
They were out shot 42-20 last night or something like that. The last 2 periods looked like a giant penalty kill. What offensive juggernaut?
They were just stat padding Henrik's stats.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

The pp is working. The end. dont worry, itll stop working and we'll go back to 2 goals a game or less

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:02 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

When the puck and the players are both mobile in the offensive zone, you're going to create time and space to generate better chances. That happened against Philly, it happened against Washington, and it happened at least for the first half of the game against Boston.

Likewise, when Richards has the puck in the offensive zone, and isn't being pressed up against the half boards by a defender, he's going to be able to manufacture opportunities. That's what he does. The key is finding ways to get him the puck with time and space to spare. Richards can create those things for other players with his skillful passing, but he needs some of it for himself to be able to make those passes. Creating time and space on his own for himself is not something he's ever going to excel at, so it's up to the other players on the ice to help make that happen. Callahan has been doing it for most of the season, but Hagelin, with his speed and positioning has brought an element to that line that wasn't there when Feds or the lackluster Dubinsky were playing there.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote