HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v17| Lol Rasual Butler

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 01:39 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
v17| Lol Rasual Butler

Doesn't look like anyone started a new thread yet. Next game is Wednesday, the homecoming of Tristan Thompson.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Everlong
-

Awesome win tonight. Had the classic, big lead destroyed late in the game, feel to it but they found their offense late in the game and minimized damage. One I didn't mind winning at all.

Old
01-03-2012, 01:53 AM
hotpaws

vCash: 0
Great game tonight !!!

It's so ****ing nice to have a real coach !!!!!

Casey has come in and installed structure , sure there's a ton of work to do but the change since last year has been huge .

I know we won't win alot of games this year but if the team keeps up this level of play and effort i'll be a happy fan .

Old
01-03-2012, 02:41 AM
FifthLine

Not saying this because he's played poorly recently but, I think ed Davis is struggling to find playing time, and even more so next year with the arrival of Val. Because, I don't see the raps moving bargs, they've put to much work into him, and I don't think we could get enough value back to find someone to take Amirs contract. So that leaves Davis, who has new value then amir anyways. So either in the deadline, or offseason at some point we should try a deal like these 2:

Bayless/Calderon, Davis, 2nd? For Paul George.

Or bayless/Calderon, Davis, 2013 1st for tyreke Evans.

Old
01-03-2012, 02:47 AM
The K Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1331leafs View Post
Not saying this because he's played poorly recently but, I think ed Davis is struggling to find playing time, and even more so next year with the arrival of Val. Because, I don't see the raps moving bargs, they've put to much work into him, and I don't think we could get enough value back to find someone to take Amirs contract. So that leaves Davis, who has new value then amir anyways. So either in the deadline, or offseason at some point we should try a deal like these 2:

Why did we even take Davis? I'm just starting to really get into basketball so pardon my ignorance.

Watching Davis it seems like the only position he could play is PF, and we already had a legit PF in Bargani. I like Davis, just don't understand why we took him so high.

Old
01-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Eytinge

Yeah I was never really that high on Davis either. Too many 4's for the Raptors right now, hell they have Amir playing out of position.

I don't think the Raptors will be bad enough for a full-out tank this year. The Wizards, Pistons, Cavs and Nets all look to be worse in the east IMO. Casey will have the Raps playing hard every night. Too bad, since I think the Raps could really use some of the top end talent in this year's draft.

Last edited by Eytinge: 01-03-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old
01-03-2012, 03:05 AM
GeneralSwell

Luckily this draft is supposed to be deep, because Casey has this team playing too well for a top 5 pick.

Bargs has looked awesome.

Old
01-03-2012, 03:10 AM
FifthLine

Quote:

Sorry, not Paul george, Darren Collison

Old
01-03-2012, 03:12 AM
FifthLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
Why did we even take Davis? I'm just starting to really get into basketball so pardon my ignorance.

Watching Davis it seems like the only position he could play is PF, and we already had a legit PF in Bargani. I like Davis, just don't understand why we took him so high.
Davis has played a bit of centre this year to but ya I agree. Does anyone else know who was drafted behind him that's looking good?

Old
01-03-2012, 09:56 AM
JoshN

Quote:
Davis has played a bit of centre this year to but ya I agree. Does anyone else know who was drafted behind him that's looking good?
In terms of guys who could play a 4/5, there really wasn't much behind him. I think Colangelo was definitely feeling like he had to draft a big because of Bosh leaving, but there wasn't that much left on the board at the time.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:

Uhh at the time, we had Bargnani as a center and we took the best pick available. Davis fell out of top 6-10 range due to an injury and Raps took him. It was considered a steal and Davis had a solid rookie season. He hasn't seen much playing time and it's his just 2nd season, give him some time. I believe he led our team in double doubles last season. He did have a great game earlier in the season but young players are inconsistent.

We also lost Bosh that year.

I'm not sure if there is anyone behind Davis that is better.

Old
01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Hyperglide

Oh man the RealGM New York Knicks board almost imploded last night. It was a site to behold. And I thought our fans were bi-polar lol...

They hate Ron D'antoni more then we hate Mike Wilson.

Old
01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:

Probably because he was the BPA and at the time we were starting Bargnani at Center. We could still move him or Amir Johnson for some picks or another prospect at SF or PG if we need too.

I still like Ed Davis I like what he brings at the defensive side of the court and he has some upside but once Jonas comes in next year we have a log jam at PF with Bargs, Johnson and Davis and I don't see the 2 formers leaving.

Davis is a non-factor on the offensive side and can clean up the boards but he has no midrange game and no post moves. Is it because he's young and raw? Ya but we have enough of those guys. Maybe this is the year he proves he can stick around. Casey needs to give him more minutes, it's not like he's getting into foul trouble.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

It's funny how quickly people are jumping on Davis. Last year everyone was happy with what he showed. He was averaging just about 8 points and 7 rebounds per game. Now we're like 5 games into the season and people are jumping ship on him and declaring that he's not worth keeping around. He is averaging 3 less points and 4ish less rebounds, so far, but he's also playing about 7 less minutes per game. Things will work themselves out.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Habsfan18

Pretty cool observations from a guy who sat near the Raps bench at the game last night..

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1149701

01-03-2012, 05:10 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Pretty cool observations from a guy who sat near the Raps bench at the game last night..

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1149701

Quote:
during the last timeout before carter got the game winning rebound, casey walks over to a knicks towel guy and starts cursing him out. he says "don't horse around with my guys. i'm coaching this team and trying to win. go play around with the other team but don't talk to my guys and distract them". i'm not sure what spurred that on but he was angry. barbosa had to restrain him a bit.
I find that awesome. Casey doesn't take **** from anybody, towel guys included.

Also good to hear that Magloire is really embracing the leadership role.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
achillesheel

Casey is a pimp. That's all it comes down to.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
achillesheel

And Magloire was, dare I say, a perfect signing for this team.

He boards hard. He fouls hard. He's a perfect guy to have set examples for the younger bigs (read: Davis, Ed). This team is great to watch. Though frustrating at times due to a couple of players (read: Calderon, Jose). Its amazing having witnessed the change in culture from the Triano years to what Casey gets from these guys.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM
FifthLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalehawerchuk View Post
Casey is a pimp. That's all it comes down to.
Lol it's true

Old
01-04-2012, 07:38 AM
ClarkieMac

Quote:

Davis was far and away the best pick we could make at the spot. With hindsight, the only guy picked behind him that's the some caliber of prospect is Eric Bledsoe. Always pick talent over position. Even if Davis can't find a spot in our rotation, he has LOTS of value and could get us a great return.

Old
01-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
It's funny how quickly people are jumping on Davis. Last year everyone was happy with what he showed. He was averaging just about 8 points and 7 rebounds per game. Now we're like 5 games into the season and people are jumping ship on him and declaring that he's not worth keeping around. He is averaging 3 less points and 4ish less rebounds, so far, but he's also playing about 7 less minutes per game. Things will work themselves out.
I agree, people need to ignore his draft position and his current numbers and just realize we have a young powerful left handed big man that has the potential to be a double double player in the future. anything he gives us this season off the bench is a bonus. he's still raw and it takes a long time to develop his type of player.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
I agree, people need to ignore his draft position and his current numbers and just realize we have a young powerful left handed big man that has the potential to be a double double player in the future. anything he gives us this season off the bench is a bonus. he's still raw and it takes a long time to develop his type of player.

There's also quite literally no other players of superior value in that draft after Davis unless you reach down into the 2nd round for the ultra surprising Landry Fields.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Sforza

Good coach: check

So now don't screw this up and load some good players as well, and we're set for the future.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Kulemon

This team is fun to watch. They play with real intensity. It's not like the Leafs where they take some nights off.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
This team is fun to watch. They play with real intensity. It's not like the Leafs where they take some nights off.
Judging by how he flipped out at a towel guy for goofing off with Raptors guys, I don't think Casey will let them have a night off.

Closed Thread