HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Waive Emery

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 10:27 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
You just got served.
Again, in what way? Where are the posts, from you, saying we should have signed Elliot over Emery?

Old
02-15-2012, 10:30 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Way to edit your post. Congradulations Coldsteel, you were right about something. Never thought I'd see the day.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Sevanston

At this point, I'm cheering for Emery mostly just to piss off coldsteel

Also because he's still better than Crawford (this year at least)

Old
02-15-2012, 10:34 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Here's the full post:

Quote:
No disrespect, but you guys don't even have the slightest idea what the hell you are talking about. Emery is lower tier ECHL at this point, and I'm giving him as much praise as I possibly can given his performance and how he looks. If you don't like the Hawks, you should be very, very happy they signed Emery.

BTW- You guys are really disrespecting Elliot by comparing Emery to him and I saw a lot of Elliot last year. His performance last year was epically bad and one of the worst seasons I've seen from a goalie, particularly in Colorado. Nevertheless, Elliot > Emery.
Nobody has a clue what they're talking about, but Emery is a lower-teir ECHL goalie. Yep, you were half right though.. again, congrats.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Blue Liner

Got owned? Got served? Seriously?

Old
02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Here's the full post:

Nobody has a clue what they're talking about, but Emery is a lower-teir ECHL goalie. Yep, you were half right though.. again, congrats.
I've admitted I was wrong about the ECHL part numerous times, and I do again today. That's something you can't do. But this guy is clearly not NHL quality.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:37 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I've admitted I was wrong about the ECHL part numerous times, and I do again today. That's something you can't do. But this guy is clearly not NHL quality.
You're right, I can't admitt I was wrong about Emery being an ECHL goalie because I never said he was.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:38 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
You're right, I can't admitt I was wrong about Emery being an ECHL goalie because I never said he was.
You can't admit you are wrong about anything.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:40 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
You can't admit you are wrong about anything.
What have I been wrong about? I clearly congradulated you for being right.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
What have I been wrong about? I clearly congradulated you for being right.
Seriously? I don't give a crap about the congrats but thanks anyway. I've never seen you back off a point you felt strongly about. In that short stretch Emery was playing well, I said the team was playing better with him and he should get the starts. But if/when a new goalie comes in, you're going to say the defense all of a sudden started playing good again. I'm sure of it.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Listening to the Hawks tv guys, studio minus Savard and everyone on the radio, every station, currently Grobstein as well, all saying Emery had a good game but Rinne stole it. This is the most bizarre **** I've ever seen and heard in my life...and I've seen some crazy stuff in my time. This is just so weird.
That is absolutely correct and how any rational person would view the game. Unfortunately you’re excluded from that group when it comes to this player. As for Emery taking the blame in the media: That’s what a good team player does. It’s the right thing to do, not to blame your supposed all-star dman who was the real culprit on the play.
Hawks weren't bad in this game, but it's over. They need to concentrate on beating Rangers now.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
digdug41982

Right, they need to concentrate on the Rangers. However, why is there a group here who thinks he played bad and why do other NHL fans who saw the game keep coming here and say he sucked? Why did someone start a thread on the NHL main board today questioning the Hawks playing Emery? There is a lot of homerism here.

If we are all wrong, the wrong far outnumbers the right. At some point, people have to re-evaluate their opinions.

Last edited by digdug41982: 02-15-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old
02-15-2012, 12:09 PM
BronYrAur

You can't waive a goalie if your team doesn't have a back-up. Wtf is all this nonsense.

Crawford has been worse than Emery, anyway. Might as well waive both of them!

Old
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
You can't waive a goalie if your team doesn't have a back-up. Wtf is all this nonsense.

Crawford has been worse than Emery, anyway. Might as well waive both of them!
We have Salak. He would be called up and given every chance to start. CC has been just as bad but this thread isn't about him and now is not the time to move him. Quite frankly, CC has taken plenty of abuse here, 10X that of Emery. Time to even it out and start being truthful. They are both equally horrible this year and neither should be in the net. Yes, there are other issues with the team, no doubt, but this team cannot move forward until the goaltending situation is fixed today. It just can't. One step at a time. Nothing else matters until we fix the goaltending though. As last night showed, good efforts will still go down the toilet.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
ChiHawk21

How will waiving emery help the hawks win hockey games?

Hes playing about exactly the same as crawford...why not waive him while your at it?

Old
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
How will waiving emery help the hawks win hockey games?

Hes playing about exactly the same as crawford...why not waive him while your at it?
If there is a trade for a proven NHL starter out there and we make it, we can trade Crawford and go with Nabby (or whever we get) and Salak. But Crawford is an asset signed long term, Emery is neither of those. Therefore, you don't just give away an asset for no return. In the meantime, he should ride the bench.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
ChiHawk21

Coldsteel even realizes that emery must have done something to you personally. That could be the only reasoning as to why you hate him more then anyone in the league because he has done nothing wrong with the blackhawks. Yea hes not that good...hes a backup.

you need to get over him being on the team or else you probly shouldnt be a fan if you HATE him soooo much

Old
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
If there is a trade for a proven NHL starter out there and we make it, we can trade Crawford and go with Nabby (or whever we get) and Salak. But Crawford is an asset signed long term, Emery is neither of those. Therefore, you don't just give away an asset for no return. In the meantime, he should ride the bench.
can they just send shaw or somebody down and see if salak can play rather then just throwing emery in the garbage

Old
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
We have Salak. He would be called up and given every chance to start. CC has been just as bad but this thread isn't about him and now is not the time to move him. Quite frankly, CC has taken plenty of abuse here, 10X that of Emery. Time to even it out and start being truthful. They are both equally horrible this year and neither should be in the net. Yes, there are other issues with the team, no doubt, but this team cannot move forward until the goaltending situation is fixed today. It just can't. One step at a time. Nothing else matters until we fix the goaltending though. As last night showed, good efforts will still go down the toilet.
Salak has been hurt most of the season. So you want to bring him up now after he's had 1 good start. Not to mention he was pretty mediocre/bad himself in his starts earlier this season.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Coldsteel even realizes that emery must have done something to you personally. That could be the only reasoning as to why you hate him more then anyone in the league because he has done nothing wrong with the blackhawks. Yea hes not that good...hes a backup.

you need to get over him being on the team or else you probly shouldnt be a fan if you HATE him soooo much
Right, like people got over Bickell, come on, that statement was bush league. If you don't think a player is helping the team and he continues to go out there and play bad, you should want him gone. It's about the indian head, not the names on the back.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:26 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Salak has been hurt most of the season. So you want to bring him up now after he's had 1 good start. Not to mention he was pretty mediocre/bad himself in his starts earlier this season.
He was hurt and coming back from surgery at the start of the season. I'm only interested in what he has done since coming back from his long absense due to injury. He's done well in one and half games. If he is 100%, he needs to be up and get his chance. We know what we have in Crawford/Emery this year and it sucks really, really bad. Let's see what we have in Salak, can't be worse, we are losing every single game right now.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Right, like people got over Bickell, come on, that statement was bush league. If you don't think a player is helping the team and he continues to go out there and play bad, you should want him gone. It's about the indian head, not the names on the back.
so why are you blaming one single player consistantly....Waiving our backup goalie who plays as well as our starter-for a goalie that has played bad in the ahl and has been injured the whole season- doesnt make our team better

Old
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
so why are you blaming one single player consistantly....Waiving our backup goalie who plays as well as our starter-for a goalie that has played bad in the ahl and has been injured the whole season- doesnt make our team better
How do you know? The guy has a good chance of coming up and playing very well, which would certainly help the team if it happened, wouldn't you agree. Wouldn't you agree that a better goalie would help this team? I just heard Pierre McGuire on the score this morning and that's what he was saying, that a better goalie would help a lot.

And the backup playing as good as the starter? You can admit they both suck this year, right?

Old
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
BronYrAur

Salak has shown nothing to say he would necessarily be any better than Crawford or Emery.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Salak has shown nothing to say he would necessarily be any better than Crawford or Emery.
He's been on fire since coming back. You want to wait a few more starts, fine. But I caught most of the action as they were playing the Wolves and he looked good. Let's see if he keeps it up. Bottom line is, Crawford and Emery have been so awful this year, that any viable option should be given a chance.

Closed Thread