HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Waive Emery

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Emery let in 1 goal he could have had, let in another goal he could have had and let in a goal he has to stop without any doubt.

His other 17 saves weren't that bad.

Emery hasn't made a save another starter in the NHL wouldn't have made - like Rinne does every game. Emery is to blame for sure
There was no way in hell he was stopping Spalings goal, a redirection from 15 feet out through screens.

Keith is more to blame for the winning goal than Emery. As coaches in minor hockey used to say, if you arent going to block the shot, get the hell out of the way.

Old
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Emery > CC imo.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:45 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well, you could let Emery sit in the press box initially (or take turns doing that with CC, could help both), but if Salak does well, you'd have to cut Ray loose because we need roster spots.
So why are you saying waive emery....shouldnt it be call up salak?

Old
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
So why are you saying waive emery....shouldnt it be call up salak?
I don't want to send Shaw or Kruger down to make room for him to sit on his ass. That makes the team worse.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:35 PM
IceHog1962

Quote:
He was hurt and coming back from surgery at the start of the season. I'm only interested in what he has done since coming back from his long absense due to injury. He's done well in one and half games. If he is 100%, he needs to be up and get his chance. We know what we have in Crawford/Emery this year and it sucks really, really bad. Let's see what we have in Salak, can't be worse, we are losing every single game right now.
I'm not at tonights game in Rockford, but Salak has given up one goal on nine shots. Is that the answer for the Blackhawks?
But hey, I didn't see the goal might have been something like a re-direct off an Icehog defenders stick...you know, some kind of fluke goal.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
ChiHawk21

blinded by hatred

Old
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If you did, i would be very surprised if Nashville didn't claim him and trade Lindback.

Old
02-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
There was no way in hell he was stopping Spalings goal, a redirection from 15 feet out through screens.

Keith is more to blame for the winning goal than Emery. As coaches in minor hockey used to say, if you arent going to block the shot, get the hell out of the way.
Only screen was Spalings stick...

Keith is not to blame. Hell it doesn't really lock like it was deflected by his stick. Just rewatch the goal and look at Emery. He knows exactly what just happend because of his mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
If you did, i would be very surprised if Nashville didn't claim him and trade Lindback.
can trade Emery + for Lindback

Old
02-16-2012, 06:02 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I don't think anyone here loves him. But there was a stretch when he was clearly a better option than CC.

For all we know, we are still in that stretch...
When has Crawford out played Emery this year over any stretch of games? Truth be told, when Emery played that long stretch of WINNING games, Q started that to put pressure on CC, then, as the hawks continued to win, Q made the mistake of "looking" for a spot to get CC back in net like he was Tony O or someone with a great pedigre...of course Crawford continued to suck and then as Q panicked and went back to Emery he hasn't been the same either.

The net should have been Emery's to keep way back, with CC having to earn his stripes...not given them.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:39 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:

Keith is not to blame. Hell it doesn't really lock like it was deflected by his stick. Just rewatch the goal and look at Emery. He knows exactly what just happend because of his mistake

can trade Emery + for Lindback

Come off it! Once again, you watch the game you want to watch.

Keith was more concerned about the puck hitting him then anything else. The guy has oodles of talent but I’m sick of him playing unintelligent hockey and making low percentage or just plain stupid plays at crucial times in a game. Whether it is fatigue related or not, I don’t know but if it is a factor, Q needs to recognize that and take action.

I don’t think Emery or CC is the answer in our nets but let’s not just sweep the mistakes of our star players under the rug. There is not a single answer to the team’s problems and ignoring mistakes by certain (star) players is a cancer that grows.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:59 AM
BobbleHeadNight*

Quote:

Did those same coaches tell the goalie to keep his stick on the ice?

Old
02-16-2012, 08:18 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Come off it! Once again, you watch the game you want to watch.
Sorry but the definition of watching a game you want to watch is absolving 16/19 on the goals they scored in that game.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:32 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Sorry but the definition of watching a game you want to watch is absolving 16/19 on the goals they scored in that game.

Ok, so in your world, Hawks should have won the game 2 – 0 ? Toews is not responsible at all for his giveaway leading to the opening goal. There is nothing wrong about having defensive breakdowns near the end of all 3 periods. and Keith did nothing wrong in his half-a$$ed block/deflection. Not to mention the fact, the first line especially, making what $ 16 M between them looked like they couldn’t beat Rinne ever again despite all the chances. Nope, it was all Emery’s fault.

You’re disillusioned my friend if you think any goalie is going to come here and all of our issues will go POOF!

Your obvious bias in this matter, makes it impossible to discuss Blackhawk issues rationally.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:40 AM
coldsteelonice84

They are not going to all go away but the biggest issues (goaltending, confidence) will go away. Last year some here would crucify Crawford if he let in those 3 goals and stopped 28/31. This is so bizarre.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:36 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Ok, so in your world, Hawks should have won the game 2 – 0 ? Toews is not responsible at all for his giveaway leading to the opening goal. There is nothing wrong about having defensive breakdowns near the end of all 3 periods. and Keith did nothing wrong in his half-a$$ed block/deflection. Not to mention the fact, the first line especially, making what $ 16 M between them looked like they couldn’t beat Rinne ever again despite all the chances. Nope, it was all Emery’s fault.

You’re disillusioned my friend if you think any goalie is going to come here and all of our issues will go POOF!

Your obvious bias in this matter, makes it impossible to discuss Blackhawk issues rationally.
I can't remember if he was "responsible" for giving the puck up or not, but if you watch the replay, he certainly wasn't going after it very hard when the Preds made their last pass across the ice to the open man right in front of 19.

Defensive breakdowns are ok at the end of a game? WOW. That, sir, is hilarious.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
BobbyJet

/\

It was sarcasm, sir……………
If you read the entire post, I began with “In your world” referring to the OP who seems to think a new goalie will solve everything for this team.

And yes, Toews gave the puck away near his blue line and seemed too tired to do much to recover from his mistake. Mistakes like that are often fatal for a slumping team, especially when it comes from your best player near the end of a pretty good period of hockey from the Hawks.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:30 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
/\

It was sarcasm, sir……………
If you read the entire post, I began with “In your world” referring to the OP who seems to think a new goalie will solve everything for this team.
I never said it would "solve everything" but I have always said it will solve "a lot of our problems" and lead us toward fixing the rest.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Right, because a goaltender is going to get the rest of the team playing consistently well in their own zone, right?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:37 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Right, because a goaltender is going to get the rest of the team playing consistently well in their own zone, right?
It will likely boost team confidence so they won't look like they are in quick sand so that would be a start but either way, breakdowns won't go into the net nearly as often and that leads to more wins.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:
/\

It was sarcasm, sir……………

And yes, Toews gave the puck away near his blue line and seemed too tired to do much to recover from his mistake. Mistakes like that are often fatal for a slumping team, especially when it comes from your best player near the end of a pretty good period of hockey from the Hawks.
Wow, I totally read through it way too fast.

Fail on my part.

For me, that kind of play is just a total team fail. Just allowed them to pass it all around us after turning the puck over and Emery can't come up with a save.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:

Did you watch the game? Are you blind?

The puck CLEARLY deflected off of keiths stick, and Emery looked up at Keith like WTH?

Keith is mainly to blame.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Did you watch the game? Are you blind?

The puck CLEARLY deflected off of keiths stick, and Emery looked up at Keith like WTH?

Keith is mainly to blame.
There is no reason for him to leave his 5 hole cracked open on that and he hung his head in shame. Post a YouTube of it, we can all see.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
BobbyJet

/\ "he hung his head in shame"

It wouldn't be the disappointment of going down a goal needlessly, with 5 minutes left in regulation and backing up a team that can't score when they need it most, would it? Emery knew the game was as good as lost.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
/\ "he hung his head in shame"

It wouldn't be the disappointment of going down a goal needlessly, with 5 minutes left in regulation and backing up a team that can't score when they need it most, would it? Emery knew the game was as good as lost.
Yeah, probably. I was just pointing it out because I do not remember him looking up at Keith like "WTF". Maybe I missed that.

Old
02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Yeah, probably. I was just pointing it out because I do not remember him looking up at Keith like "WTF". Maybe I missed that.
Goalies should blame themselves for every goal. That's how they get better.

The trick is that they can't let it rattle them.

Closed Thread