HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Waive Emery

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2012, 05:40 PM
  #201
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
when he is at his best, he is a average backup. This is not good.
Hey, the backup of one of the best teams for most of the time has wins, who would have thought that?
He is a good backup, an average back up losses half of his games.

Best teams? Weren't we almost out of the playoffs 4 games ago? If not for Emery we would of been on the outside looking in.

Not to mention, Emery has a winning record where as 3 of the past 5 SC back ups didn't.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
  #202
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,651
vCash: 500
I don't wish this by any means but if Stan fails to pick up a goalie by the TD, and it certainly looks like he is sticking with what we have, don't be surprised if Emery and CC fight for the number one job before all is said and done. Coldice has been on this witch hunt since training camp but the truth is Emery has outplayed Crawford when given the chance to play. I'm not saying Emery is great either, I'm just saying we are taking a huge gamble if we stick with what we have in nets and spend our cap money elsewhere. Crawford plays well for a handful of games prior to the TD, and suddenly he is back? I hope so, but it certainly is not very logical. I repeat, we need the depth in that position or risk a big letdown at crunch time.

BobbyJet is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
  #203
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
 
CS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CS85
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I don't wish this by any means but if Stan fails to pick up a goalie by the TD, and it certainly looks like he is sticking with what we have, don't be surprised if Emery and CC fight for the number one job before all is said and done.
Call me high or drunk on blackhawks kool-aid, but I feel like Crawford is fine for the rest of the year. I don't know why, but what I've seen from him on this streak is beyond better defense. He's found his confidence again and his presence in his crease has increased ten fold.

CS85 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
  #204
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,963
vCash: 500
Crawford was always going to be the guy. He showed last year how well he could play and he's starting to show it again.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
  #205
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Agreed. If Crawford can play the way he has, and Emery can play the way he has, we are fine with Goaltending.

The problem becomes, if Crawford doesn't play the way he is, Emery is not suited to take over multiple games in a row. Emery is a perfect filler for playing against lower tier teams or on back to back games. at the low cost of 600k.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 07:40 PM
  #206
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
Call me high or drunk on blackhawks kool-aid, but I feel like Crawford is fine for the rest of the year. I don't know why, but what I've seen from him on this streak is beyond better defense. He's found his confidence again and his presence in his crease has increased ten fold.
yea, because he's not coming 6+feet out of the net and sliding around like an idiot all the time. He went back to his roots.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
  #207
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Agreed. If Crawford can play the way he has, and Emery can play the way he has, we are fine with Goaltending.

The problem becomes, if Crawford doesn't play the way he is, Emery is not suited to take over multiple games in a row. Emery is a perfect filler for playing against lower tier teams or on back to back games. at the low cost of 600k.
Exactly. Why take that gamble if we can grab some insurance without costing us a top prospect? I just hope Stan is smart enough to realize that... but I have my doubts.

The choice is obvious to me: Go all in before the TD ... or remain as is.... nothing in between.

BobbyJet is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 08:23 PM
  #208
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Exactly. Why take that gamble if we can grab some insurance without costing us a top prospect? I just hope Stan is smart enough to realize that... but I have my doubts.

The choice is obvious to me: Go all in before the TD ... or remain as is.... nothing in between.
What?

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 05:51 AM
  #209
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
just imagine the Stars with Emery in net... we would have won 5-1 or something like this

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
  #210
Panzerspitze
Registered User
 
Panzerspitze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Goalie-bashers are retarded. It's the defense "system", stupid...

Panzerspitze is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:07 PM
  #211
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
Goalie-bashers are retarded. It's the defense "system", stupid...
It would be interesting if someone calculated what percentage of goals against Hawks that are the direct result of a deflection and/or opps players standing untouched in front of our crease. That was the case in all 3 goals against last night, that's 100 percent.

Surely the Hawks coaching staff are well aware of that, but it has been going on all season and nothing changes. The system is failing. If Emery had of been in the net, it would have been his fault in many people's small minds, but fact is, any goalie is more lucky than anything to stop these. I'm no big fan of CC but he had little chance on any of the 3 goals.

BobbyJet is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
  #212
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
just imagine the Stars with Emery in net... we would have won 5-1 or something like this
He made 2 or 3 good saves.

But you're right, if we had any decent young goaltending, we wouldn't need to rely on Emery.

Still doesn't change the FACT that he is a good backup.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
  #213
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He made 2 or 3 good saves.

But you're right, if we had any decent young goaltending, we wouldn't need to rely on Emery.

Still doesn't change the FACT that he is a good backup.
all he has is some wins against the bottom teams

we were the best team in the league until 4 games before the disney roadtrip, his #s SUCK and he is not a good backup. He is average at best. Have you seen Bachman? that was a good backup goalie performance.
We have never won a game because of Emery, we have won because of our offense

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #214
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
all he has is some wins against the bottom teams

we were the best team in the league until 4 games before the disney roadtrip, his #s SUCK and he is not a good backup. He is average at best. Have you seen Bachman? that was a good backup goalie performance.
We have never won a game because of Emery, we have won because of our offense
Which is all a backup needs.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:20 PM
  #215
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
Raycroft is a good backup too? was he a good backup in 09/10?

No he wasn't
he played for one of the better teams.



Goaltending is better than ever and we call Emery good
Goaltending is better than ever and Emery has a winning record because of the team infront of him

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:01 PM
  #216
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Raycroft is a good backup too? was he a good backup in 09/10?

No he wasn't
he played for one of the better teams.



Goaltending is better than ever and we call Emery good
Goaltending is better than ever and Emery has a winning record because of the team infront of him
Winning more than you are losing as a back up = good enough back up.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
  #217
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
give him 10 more starts and he will have a losing record... now without Hjammer and Monty

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:14 PM
  #218
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
give him 10 more starts and he will have a losing record... now without Hjammer and Monty
That's probably what you said at the start of the season too ----that he would have a losing record.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
  #219
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
give him 10 more starts and he will have a losing record... now without Hjammer and Monty
Okay, Nostradamus.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
  #220
Panzerspitze
Registered User
 
Panzerspitze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
#4 was back playing last night. Shows the kind of blind bozo you are: Just spouting BS based on the boxscore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
give him 10 more starts and he will have a losing record... now without Hjammer and Monty

Panzerspitze is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
  #221
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
That's probably what you said at the start of the season too ----that he would have a losing record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Okay, Nostradamus.
we won the last 4 games thanks to good goaltending... that gave the team confidence. goaltending kept us in the game yesterday too. Individual mistakes lost us the game yesterday. Emery would not have given us a chance to win this game


Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
#4 was back playing last night. Shows the kind of blind bozo you are: Just spouting BS based on the boxscore.
Hjammer looked bad and was rushed in to play too early. He will miss the next games and I'm not sure when he will return.

I haven't even looked at the boxscore from last night.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
  #222
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
we won the last 4 games thanks to good goaltending... that gave the team confidence. goaltending kept us in the game yesterday too. Individual mistakes lost us the game yesterday. Emery would not have given us a chance to win this game
Right, so all Emery's next games will be exactly like our last four games.

Do you also know next week's lottery numbers?

Sevanston is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
  #223
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevanston View Post
right, so all emery's next games will be exactly like our last four games.

Do you also know next week's lottery numbers?
1, 3, 9, 18, 21 & 35

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
  #224
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
I might go play those numbers just for fun.

TorMenT is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
  #225
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
1, 3, 9, 18, 21 & 35


Nice.

If only they could still help us on the ice.

Hull would be a midget these days though.

Sevanston is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.