HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Call-up Kadri, Colborne and or Frattin

Old
02-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Pen13

vCash: 500
Call-up Kadri, Colborne and or Frattin

In order for the leafs to make the playoffs they are going to need a lot more secondary scoring then they are currently getting. Its clear that Connolly, Lombardi, Crabb and Armstrong are not cutting it. I say you call uo these guys and let them play as the 3rd line. I say its worth a shot.

Pen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:40 AM
mooseOAK*

Yay, another genius with all of the answers.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:44 AM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Yay, another genius with all of the answers.
You are right. This team is a flawless cup favorite with no upgrades whatsoever.

FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:46 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
You are right. This team is a flawless cup favorite with no upgrades whatsoever.
The team went through slumps with Frattin and Kadri in the lineup also. I'm around to help people with bad memories.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Yeah, definitely. After all, all three of them totally lit it up when they were here the first time.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
leafsfuture

No to Colborne. His first callup showed he has good hockey IQ, but he isnt fast enough, and his reactions are a bit slow.... when your 6'5 and a skill guy, thats no worry.

The other two should be up.

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
SteveV*

Frattin deserves a callup, considering he's on pace for a 50 goal season in the AHL. Beg someone to take Lombardi or just waive him, so tired of VETS with no drive, at least the kid will play with passion and bring some enthusiasm, PLUS he actually has a physical element which we so desperately need on our third line, unlike marshmellow. Enough with people not pulling their weight, and I could so care less about past injuries, this isn't a charity.

Last edited by SteveV*: 02-15-2012 at 11:01 AM.
SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

I agree that Frattin should be up.

Big Joe will take some more time.

I'm uncertain about Kadri.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Realistically, Frattin is the only one who should even be in conversation to be up at this point. Both Colborne and Kadri, while they showed potential, clearly proved that they aren't ready.

Frattin and Lombardi are basically the same, except Lombardi is faster and much more experienced. Frattin is a little grittier though.

Old
02-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Felstead
Boss Status

If you ask me, they need to press box some of these leafs. A message needs to be sent to the team to pick it the hell up or some changes are gonna happen.

Wanna know what I think? Seriously? Sit Phaneuf, no one on this team should feel they should get a free pass every night. Phaneuf has been sloppy the past 5 or 6 games too. Man, that would really send a wake up call to ye whole team. A fire needs to be lit under these guys to get going!

8th place right now barely and (besides last night) have looked like friggin slugs out there. Unacceptable when your fighting for your first post season appearance since 2004. Something has to give

Felstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:31 AM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Frattin deserves a callup, considering he's on pace for a 50 goal season in the AHL. Beg someone to take Lombardi or just waive him, so tired of VETS with no drive, at least the kid will play with passion and bring some enthusiasm, PLUS he actually has a physical element which we so desperately need on our third line, unlike marshmellow. Enough with people not pulling their weight, and I could so care less about past injuries, this isn't a charity.
Frattin has 11 goals in 18 games, how in the world is he on pace for 50 goals?

Mike Zigomanis has 47 points 48 games 15 goals 32 assists. Thats not bad for a 4th line pk guy and he's got 10 points up on Ryan Hamilton in fewer games

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Grabowaffle84

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post

Mike Zigomanis has 47 points 48 games 15 goals 32 assists. Thats not bad for a 4th line pk guy and he's got 10 points up on Ryan Hamilton in fewer games
There is the answer right there. Take a chance and call up Zigo. I would rather him on the 3rd/4th line then our other scrubs.

Grabowaffle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post

11/18= 0.611 GPG

AHL plays 78 games.

78 game pace is 47.66 so say 47-48 goal pace.

Maybe he used an 82 game season, which the AHL used until this season. 82 games would give him a 50 goal pace.

Frattin should be up instead of Crabb.

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabowaffle84 View Post
There is the answer right there. Take a chance and call up Zigo. I would rather him on the 3rd/4th line then our other scrubs.
He has to go on waivers when he inevitably goes back down. He'd be claimed for sure. You guys are forgetting Mueller

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
SHoot85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
Realistically, Frattin is the only one who should even be in conversation to be up at this point. Both Colborne and Kadri, while they showed potential, clearly proved that they aren't ready.

Frattin and Lombardi are basically the same, except Lombardi is faster and much more experienced. Frattin is a little grittier though.
IMO kadri showed just as much as frattin if not more. kadri has showed quite a physical side to his game as well which really impressed me. imo both kadri and frattin deserve spots right now over crabb/connelly/lombo. those guys have had ENOUGH time and have done nothing. get some fresh blood in the lineup, and develop these young guys at the same time. it's a win/win. we're not getting ANY production from the 3rd line, and haven't in a loooong time.

SHoot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:

Kadri certainly proved he was ready in his 2nd call-up.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:56 AM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
11/18= 0.611 GPG

AHL plays 78 games.

78 game pace is 47.66 so say 47-48 goal pace.

Maybe he used an 82 game season, which the AHL used until this season. 82 games would give him a 50 goal pace.

Frattin should be up instead of Crabb.
Yes I did and thank you for understanding basic math, unlike "how in the world" guy.

Last edited by SteveV*: 02-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.
SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Kadri and Frattin definitely deserve a chance to beat out Lombo and Crabb for spots in our top-9.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
416Leafer

Given the ice-time, I can't see Kadri being much worse than MacArthur is currently. Burke may as well try and trade MacArthur, see what he can get for him, and bring Kadri up to fill the spot.

Yea, Kadri hasn't exactly lit the lamp in the NHL as of yet, but he's also been almost entirely regulated to 3rd line duties.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
meng666

Pretty laughable that people claim Kadri isn't ready for the nhl.
Although more points would have been great he still has typical third line numbers.
He's a +3 on the season.
He had extremely limited defensive zone and mid ice turnovers.
score a couple of beauts.
Set up some great chances.
Drew a buncha penalties.
Played with scrubs.
Had several big hits.
fell on his arse a bunch.
He was even told when he was sent down that it was a numbers thing and they were happy with his team game.
To even suggest at this point that he's not NHL ready is ridiculous.
I'd love to see Frattin up too. Love that guy.

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
He has to go on waivers when he inevitably goes back down. He'd be claimed for sure. You guys are forgetting Mueller
Zigo has cleared waivers multiple times, he wouldn't be claimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHoot85 View Post
IMO kadri showed just as much as frattin if not more. kadri has showed quite a physical side to his game as well which really impressed me. imo both kadri and frattin deserve spots right now over crabb/connelly/lombo. those guys have had ENOUGH time and have done nothing. get some fresh blood in the lineup, and develop these young guys at the same time. it's a win/win. we're not getting ANY production from the 3rd line, and haven't in a loooong time.
kadri is not more physical than lombardi or Crabb, though perhaps connolly. Kadri has 6 points in 19 nhl games this year...certainly nothing special. I'd rather keep in the AHL until he shows he can score more than that at the NHL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Kadri certainly proved he was ready in his 2nd call-up.
he certainly proved he was still prone to poor defensive plays (although he's noticeably improved) and he disappeared just as much as our current third line.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Nitrock

Quote:
kadri is not more physical than lombardi or Crabb, though perhaps connolly. Kadri has 6 points in 19 nhl games this year...certainly nothing special. I'd rather keep in the AHL until he shows he can score more than that at the NHL level.
It also takes time to adjust to the NHL level and playing in the AHL will definitely benefit him but it's not an instant transition.

Nitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Platinum Seat Leafs

People who think Kadri is ready over Colborne is smoking some weird crack lol

Platinum Seat Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Zigo has cleared waivers multiple times, he wouldn't be claimed.

kadri is not more physical than lombardi or Crabb
, though perhaps connolly. Kadri has 6 points in 19 nhl games this year...certainly nothing special. I'd rather keep in the AHL until he shows he can score more than that at the NHL level.

he certainly proved he was still prone to poor defensive plays (although he's noticeably improved) and he disappeared just as much as our current third line.
Kadri has 24 hits in 19 games
Lombardi has 23 hits in 39 games
Connolly has 11 in 45 games

Crabb I can give you. He has 66 hits in 46 games.

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:14 PM
feeel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
Pretty laughable that people claim Kadri isn't ready for the nhl.
Although more points would have been great he still has typical third line numbers.
He's a +3 on the season.
He had extremely limited defensive zone and mid ice turnovers.
score a couple of beauts.
Set up some great chances.
Drew a buncha penalties.
Played with scrubs.
Had several big hits.
fell on his arse a bunch.
He was even told when he was sent down that it was a numbers thing and they were happy with his team game.
To even suggest at this point that he's not NHL ready is ridiculous.
I'd love to see Frattin up too. Love that guy.
this, wilson has told both of them they are in the AHL because of a numbers game. We cant have them up here due to our roster limit. But seriously, I think our playoffs push lies on bringing something new to this club. Wether a trade or bringing some young legs and hungry kids who both know they belong in the nhl and just wait for their opportunity to show what they can do. I know they had it earlier this season but right now they can bring that winner mentality from the marlies, with their scoring touch rediscovered. IMO our 3rd line just isnt good enough. In this time where our 1st isnt winning games for us anymore, neither do the 2nd line, we need more depth scoring.
I'd like to see kulemin-kadri-frattin or kadri-connoly/lambo-frattin.
COMON BURKE, you can do it! swap crabb for frattin and bring boyce down (even though I know hes been doing his 4th line job pretty well but we need the roster spot to bring kadri up).

feeel10 is offline   Reply With Quote