HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grigs vs. Beaulieu and the Dogs this Friday on SNet (7:00 PM, Friday Night Hockey)

Old
02-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Grigs vs. Beaulieu and the Dogs this Friday on SNet (7:00 PM, Friday Night Hockey)

Top prospect for this year's draft vs. our top dog and the Saint John powerhouse on National tv.

Would ask mods to not merge until Friday (or it falls out of the front page) so everyone has a chance to see this.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Issacar

Igor Grigorenko the future bust? I'd pick Filip FOrsberg over any russian in this draft.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:05 PM
JohnnyB11

Sea Dogs will take this one, should be a dandy!! Will be there in person.

Last edited by hototogisu: 02-15-2012 at 12:33 PM.
JohnnyB11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
MXD

Not sold on Grigorenko (at least, not a #2, and probably not before #7 or #8), and certainly not sold on Beaulieu (a little too much stupidness in his game -- that could improve, though).

Seriously, if somehow Cody Ceci would have been available for last draft and Sean Couturier would have been available for this draft, our future would have looked MUCH, MUCH better.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Igor Grigorenko the future bust? I'd pick Filip FOrsberg over any russian in this draft.
Forsberg's WJC performance was not impressive. I was more impressed watching Sebastian Collberg on Sweden who is predicted to go 16 atm. He had impressive speed, hands and was great one-on-one.

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Not sold on Grigorenko (at least, not a #2, and probably not before #7 or #8), and certainly not sold on Beaulieu (a little too much stupidness in his game -- that could improve, though).

Seriously, if somehow Cody Ceci would have been available for last draft and Sean Couturier would have been available for this draft, our future would have looked MUCH, MUCH better.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Issacar

Quote:

Main issue with Grigorenko is that he seems that you see him performing in Remparts blowouts and in big matches he's nowhere to be found. In the last WHCJ, Grigorenko was a ghost in the finals with Russia.

Forsberg was impressive for a 17 year old kid who was facing the best 19-20 years old of every opposing country. Yes he only had 1 point in 6 games, but he played a strong game. He's also a big centerman.

Last edited by hototogisu: 02-15-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old
02-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Tough luck...

Main issue with Grigorenko is that he seems that you see him performing in Remparts blowouts and in big matches he's nowhere to be found. In the last WHCJ, Grigorenko was a ghost in the finals with Russia.

Forsberg was impressive for a 17 year old kid who was facing the best 19-20 years old of every opposing country. Yes he only had 1 point in 6 games, but he played a strong game. He's also a big centerman.
He doesnt play center he is a winger

Old
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Not to mention Grigorenko was noticably injured. I don't know how he even skated.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
point given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Not to mention Grigorenko was noticably injured. I don't know how he even skated.
If you decide to play in a condition where you are impairing your own team, I think you lack proper judgement. Now I know many people will comment about how tough players play through injuries. But I really don't think so, there's a point where your injuries will factor against your team and you have to recognize these situations.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
MXD

Quote:

My main gripe with Grigorenko is that, while he's extremely skilled, he often fails to have an impact on the game as a whole. Game-breaking without game-controlling.

Forsberg shouldn't be considered a center.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Ehhh.... What's the problem? Being a bit too honest in regards to Beaulieu? The guy has strengths, but is really prone to boneheaded plays and decisions.

On the other hand, I really like Cody Ceci -- a guy who could be ready as soon as next season.

Hence why I would have prefered Ceci last year and Couturier this year.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

For a 17 year old to do what he did at the WJC...which was being relevant to Russia and putting together a solid WJC..that says enough for me.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Sebastian Collberg was one of the most impressive 17yr olds I saw at the tourny he had 6gp 4g 3a 7pts and a super nice shootout goal against the swiss

Last edited by Vi Nc E x13x: 02-15-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: *had not has
Old
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Ehhh.... What's the problem? Being a bit too honest in regards to Beaulieu? The guy has strengths, but is really prone to boneheaded plays and decisions.

On the other hand, I really like Cody Ceci -- a guy who could be ready as soon as next season.

Hence why I would have prefered Ceci last year and Couturier this year.
LOL you misunderstood my head -scratch. While I admit to being a Beaulieu fan, I just found your second comment funny re: Ceci and Couturier. 'If if's and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a a Merry Christmas' lol. If the Habs hadn't lost a game this season, they'd be looking really good right now!

Re: Beaulieu - he's not as prone this season as in seasons before, I think alot of that hs to do with good coaching and greater maturity. Show me a 19 year old guy who doesn't make some 'boneheaded' decisions and I'll call you a liar. To pick him up where we did was luck, and hopefully you won't be disappointed in the future with that pick.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

This game is being replayed on the US NHL Network on Saturday at 11 am EST.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Issacar

Beaulieu is comparable to Subban imo. If we don't rush another prospect in the NHL, Beaulieu shouldn't be prone to making so many mistakes. I have an issue when a team absolutely needs to bring up a defenseman under the age of 23-24.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
LOL you misunderstood my head -scratch. While I admit to being a Beaulieu fan, I just found your second comment funny re: Ceci and Couturier. 'If if's and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a a Merry Christmas' lol. If the Habs hadn't lost a game this season, they'd be looking really good right now!

Re: Beaulieu - he's not as prone this season as in seasons before, I think alot of that hs to do with good coaching and greater maturity. Show me a 19 year old guy who doesn't make some 'boneheaded' decisions and I'll call you a liar. To pick him up where we did was luck, and hopefully you won't be disappointed in the future with that pick.
Obviously, it was only "ifs", and nothing more.

I'll name you one : Cody Ceci.

Yeah, we were lucky to pick Beaulieu, but the guy really, but really needs much developpement in order to reach is potential, which is a #2 at the very best and a #3 on a very good team.

Besides -- aside from skating, what's the big difference between Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu?

Old
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Beaulieu is comparable to Subban imo. If we don't rush another prospect in the NHL, Beaulieu shouldn't be prone to making so many mistakes. I have an issue when a team absolutely needs to bring up a defenseman under the age of 23-24.

Well said - a few years of good coaching at the AHL level will do this kid a world of good.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Issacar

Quote:

Yeah, we were lucky to pick Beaulieu, but the guy really, but really needs much developpement in order to reach is potential, which is a #2 at the very best and a #3 on a very good team.

Besides -- aside from skating, what's the big difference between Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu?
I don't care how long it takes to bring in a prospect. What I care about is that you make sure you did everything possible to bring him in your team eventually.

Does it look like it worries the Red Wings to bring in prospects at the age of 24-26 years old in the NHL? (Zetterberg, Datsyuk someone?)

Old
02-15-2012, 01:23 PM
MXD

Quote:

Does it look like it worries the Red Wings to bring in prospects at the age of 24-26 years old in the NHL? (Zetterberg, Datsyuk someone?)
I agree with you on this point, but in order to do this, you have to have... 24-26 years old prospects ready when the 20 YO prospects are signed.

The closer we have to a "ready" prospect" is...hummm... Frederick St-Denis?

Old
02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Issacar

Quote:
I agree with you on this point, but in order to do this, you have to have... 24-26 years old prospects ready when the 20 YO prospects are signed.

The closer we have to a "ready" prospect" is...hummm... Frederick St-Denis?
Most of our worthwhile rookies are either already with the Canadiens or playing junior. Maybe if we didn't kept trading our depth away for nothing (Latendresse, Lapierre, Pouliot, Tanguay, Bouillon just to name a few examples), maybe our AHL club would have better depth as well?

Old
02-15-2012, 01:50 PM
domdo345

Laughing at people who thinks grigo is a ghost. First of all, in the WJC, he played limited minutes with a limited role because of his ankle injuries and being a young center, the most important position on the ice. Make no mistakes, if Yakupov was a center, he'd never play on the first line last tournament. Anyway back to Grigo. Every time i see him play in Québec, the puck always ends up on his stick. As much as people wants to see him as a ghost, he is always right around the puck and pretty good using his frame along the boards.

edit: can't say for sure he will be dominant in the NHL as this is hardly an exact science for most of the players, But he is clearly more in the malkin/spezza mold than the filatov/voracek/kostitsyn/ mold

Last edited by domdo345: 02-15-2012 at 01:56 PM.
domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:

One shoots left, the other shoots right.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Too bad Igor's already been drafted by the Red Wings

You mean Mikhail.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote