HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nash On The Block Part III: ALL NASH TALK & PROPOSALS HERE!

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The Flyers are on the list.
Heh, the Flyers are on every list for every name player every year. There's a handful of teams who are always speculated to be in on big name players, and they're pretty much all listed at the beginning of this thread. Predictable.

Old
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Once again, the asking prices are speculation from the TSN panel and not what Howson has asked for in return in his preliminary talks with said teams.
Those speculations are greatly exaggerated then.

Old
Koekkoek4U
Anthony Eclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Huge pass here.
Cut Kreider, put in Erixon and Hejda in the trade and what do you say?

Old
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Edgeworth*

I do that if I'm Toronto. It's a lot of assets being moved but the only piece Toronto will likely miss is Schenn. Regardless Burke could still go out and chase a veteran guy like Gill or Spacek to temoporarily fill the hole until a prospect gets ready to fill the gap.

Likewise if Suter is going to hit market he could offload Connolly and crew. and sign Suter (hopefully).

Old
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
So from the Rangers: Last year's leading points scorer with 54, Our all star defenseman who leads the league in TOI, and our 22 year old #1 center.

For a 7.8 mil 35 goal scorer. Gonna have to say pass on that one.

02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Thank god Boston isn't on the list.
My thoughts exactly!

Old
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhenrikthegr819 View Post
Cut Kreider, put in Erixon and Hejda in the trade and what do you say?
Erixon forced his way out of Calgary, why would COlumbus take him?

Old
Johnny Bang Bang

The more I consider:
1. The MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT tied to Nash
2. That Nash ONLY puts up 60-70 points annually
3. That Nash has cracked 70 points once, 3 YEARS AGO!
4. That Nash carries the LEAGUE'S 5th HIGHEST CAP HIT AT $7.8M

... The more I don't want Burke to pursue Nash.

Old
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheru View Post
Well, that's just it, isn't it? It's not a question of rejecting Rick Nash alone. Obviously he is a desirable player. It's his contract + the assets it would take to acquire him that bring these strong objections.

CBJ should go ahead and demand a high price, I don't begrudge them that. But I hope my team is running miles away from it.
Exactly.

His contract is the reason nobody wants him.

If Nash was making 5.5-6 million, then Columbus could pick and choose who and what they want.

Nearly 8 million? Only a retarded GM would go for that (like whoever it was that signed Nash to that term and salary).

I look at it as why would another team bail Columbus out of that terrible deal?

Old
02-15-2012, 12:36 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Leafs have almost 6 million in cap space come February 27th. They sit at 4.6 right now.

As it stands I'd rather have Carter and re-sign Grabovski then get Nash.

Old
Pierre Gotye

Nash is worth either a top 6 forward,
or:
Quality 1st pairing defenseman,
or:
Starting NHL netminder,
plus:
top prospect, mid-level prospect or NHL depth player, and maybe a mid-late 1st rounder.

Anything more than that is pretty steep, and the GM is desparate.

In order to do this deal, Howson is also gonna have to probably swallow at least one bad contract(as in the NHL depth player).

Old
ericnut

Mr. McConnell might have to change the team name to the Red Jackets after Nash is traded.

But I thought we would get Bobrovsky, JVR, Couturier and a 1st round pick...

Old
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

I'm FAR from a Rangers fan....in fact I can't stand them....but if they traded that package to get Nash some of their fans would torch the Garden.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Koekkoek4U
Anthony Eclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Erixon forced his way out of Calgary, why would COlumbus take him?
because he has 25 points in 32 games for the Whale and he will make a big game player in the nhl one day with his giant plays and great passing. Like look at Grabner, he didnt make it in couver or florida then he goes to nyi and look how hes doing? Some people connect with different teams and looking at CBJ hes exactly what theyre looking for.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhenrikthegr819 View Post
As a NYR fan, I honestly don't want that much to do with Nash but if we did, I supose it wouldnt be the end of the world. If I was Sather, 1. I would not get into ANY funny buisness about dealing with, Stepan, Del Zotto, McDonaugh, Or Girardi. 2. I would not want just Nash. I would want Nash and possibly Hejda for the year and then drop him next year. My trade would probably be in the realms of this

To NYR

Nash
Hejda
Brassard
2nd

To CBJ

Anisimov
Dubi
Erixon
1st

That may need some adjusting but like I said, just somewhere around that. 1st and Anisimov=Nash, Dubi= Brassard, Erixon = Hejda and 2nd. Plus the fact that Prospal and Anisimov have some sort of chemistry after playing w/ eachother last year. I think this trade will work for both ways
Now that's an horrible deal for Columbus...

Old
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i am confused about toronto

for years ppl ahve said Nash doesnt want the spotlight of toronto on him. now tsn thinks he is on the list.

Also from what i understood from tsn they THINK (they dont know) that toronto is on the list.
yeah maybe they're wrong and he actually wants to go to Ottawa.

Old
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Am i the only one that thinks a 79 point carreer high (mid 60's average otherwise) and a 7.8 cap hit isn't worth these asinine prices??
No you're not. There's no way Nash is worth that contract, let alone the assets that you have to give up to get him.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Tact

Get Nashville into the mix and Vancouver might listen...

To CBJ: Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond, Keith Ballard, 1st Round Pick

To NSH: Rick Nash and Jordan Schroeder

To VAN: Shea Weber and Curtis Sanford

Old
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
I do that if I'm Toronto. It's a lot of assets being moved but the only piece Toronto will likely miss is Schenn. Regardless Burke could still go out and chase a veteran guy like Gill or Spacek to temoporarily fill the hole until a prospect gets ready to fill the gap.

Likewise if Suter is going to hit market he could offload Connolly and crew. and sign Suter (hopefully).
i like your thinking

Old
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Kaktus*

Bryzgalov & JVR for Nash & Sanford.

I am not sure why I am offering that because I believe JVR will score 60pts (not this season but maybe as soon as next season)

Old
Koekkoek4U
Anthony Eclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Now that's an horrible deal for Columbus...
I may be projecting Erixon too high but idk. I feel like he'll be twice the player Hejda will be and our 1st pick is worthless to us. to them i think theyll enjoy having 2 in hand.

Old
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

As long as he doesn't go to Rangers or Philadelphia I'm happy. Don't want our rivals getting stronger.

Old
luongo321

Let's be honest, Bluejackets GM is kinda incompetent. He's not going to get what he wants for Nash, especially from the Canucks. MG is too good of a GM to feel pressured in this situation. I think Hodgson and Tanev are untouchable in MG's eyes. If they don't trade Nash at the deadline and the Canucks playoffs don't go that well, then I definitely see MG making a package for Nash at the draft, but there are a bunch of other players he could make a pitch for at the draft as well.

Old
ReggieDunlop7

I don't know how we can assume that these are the teams on Nash's list. The only people who know the list are Nash and Howson (and Howson's inner circle). I don't really see Nash leaking the list as he doesn't seem like that kind of guy. And Howson and Co would DEFINITELY NOT leak the list as it would limit Howson's negotiating power.

Anyway, say the 5 teams you listed are, in fact, on Nash's list. The only sensible trade partner are the Kings IMO.

Philly and Van would be dumb to trade Bobrovsky or Schneider before the draft. Both teams are poised to go on playoff runs, however, both teams have question marks with their number one goaltenders. Bob and Schneids provide valuable insurance for Bryz and Luo in case either one decides to start crapping the bed in the 'offs.

Toronto would be better off going after Carter than Nash imo. They really need a number one center.

The Rangers could be players, but not at the price you listed. If they are willing to part with one of their good young dmen (Del Zotto, McDonagh, maybe even Staal) they could definitely land Nash. However, I don't see Slats trading McDonagh or Staal, and I think a package around Del Zotto would get outbid by LA.

For me, LA is the team to beat. Columbus badly needs a number one goalie and a top defender. They get both in a package of Bernier, Johnson, and a first (forget adding Voynov... thats ridiculous). Bernier and Johnson allows Columbus to begin rebuildign the team from the back end out. Bernier in nets, Johnson anchoring the blueline, Johansen up the middle, as well as Yakupov or Grigorenko up front as well. Add to that another first rounder from the kings, and the young pieces they can get from a Carter trade (maybe Schenn and a first from Toronto??) and Columbus will be well on their way.

For LA, Nash and Kopitar will light up the league together for years. Voynov replaces Johnson, and you sign Quick longterm. Also works under the cap. Seems like a win win if you ask me.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Nash has 2 more points in 2 more games than Stepan, I know that's comparing apples to oranges in terms of type of player. Yes I know Nash is around longer too.

Nash is a -22, and Stepan is a +23.

Stepan deserves a little more respect.
Not a fair comparison. Nash isn't surrounded by nearly half the talent that Stephan is.

Closed Thread