HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lidstrom could have been a leaf...

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 05:02 PM
mjlee

vCash: 500
Lidstrom could have been a leaf...

I thought you guys might find this mildly amusing, in a long retrospective piece on Nicklas Lidstrom's career the hockeysverige site interviewed, among many others, the Västerås IK coach when Lidstrom debuted in their senior team during the 1987/88 season. "Nicklas was just as good as Bosse (his former coach) had told me. We had several forwards who didn't want to face Lidstrom during practice since he was almost possible to get past. A funny episode I can tell you about is that I actually sent a letter to my childhood friend Borje Salming's boss at the Toronto Maple Leafs, Gary MacNamara. I wrote that if Nicklas Lidstrom didn't turn out to be a star in the NHL I'd work for Toronto for free for the rest of my life! McNamara never replied to my letter nor sent anyone to follow up on my tip. Things turned out pretty okay for Nicklas anyway."

Ah, what could have been

Linky: http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...den-lnga-resan

Old
06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 466
I am not even sure of where this belongs.

"Pretty OK" describing Lidstrom's career is putting it mildly.

Closed Thread