HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v18: Hornets win draft lottery, will pick 1st. Raptors will pick 8th.

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Kb21

vCash: 500
WOW 38-14 in the 3rd, how is it even possible to be scored by the bobcats let lone by 24 in 1q

Old
03-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
How is it possible Bobcats are winning? They've got one awful roster.
Raptors are awful as well. The only team that has lost to the Bobcats TWICE I believe.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:37 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Can't be mad. Big game to lose.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:49 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I completely forgot there was a game today until I came across it with about 2 minutes left in the 4th.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Jerryd Bayless.

03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Jerryd Bayless.
Saw the stats when he fouled out. He's certainly taking advantage of the extra floor time with Calderon out.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Hyperglide

Outtanked the Bobbys again. Great show. But honestly the Raptors were totally gassed starting the 2nd half which is why they had that horri-awful 3rd quarter. A late OT game in Memphis and then they had to spend the night because of a flight issue. Then they land in Charlotte late last night and they have to be evacuated an hour before the game because of a fire alarm. Blame this L on the NBA schedulers, and bad luck.

Old
03-18-2012, 08:33 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Chandler signed a 5-year deal with the Nuggets today. It's not like there were any other options for him after the offer sheet period ran out. But it takes him off the market for the next while.

Also I have to laugh at situations like Derek Fisher thing with Houston. He apparently doesn't want to play there, and doesn't even bother showing up, but then he requires the Rockets to pay him for the privilege not having to have him as dead weight on their roster. Just like with NTCs, buyouts are something I think should be deterrents to the team unceremoniously cutting them, not for the player to exploit to manipulate the situation when they want out.

Old
03-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Shimso

At least its not like before where the buyout was a way to trade a person, have them bought out and return to the team 30 days later. That was one of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen.

But yeah, the unprofessionalism seems to be at an all-time high in the league.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
IF the player doesn't want to play then he should pay not the team.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:16 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
IF the player doesn't want to play then he should pay not the team.
I don't think he should have to pay, but saying that you want to be cut and then demanding the team pay him out for it is ridiculous.

I do agree that it's better since they put in the "you can't return to the team that traded you" proviso though.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Kb21

fisher should sign on with the thunder the rest of the season after they lost maynor for the season, that or he should go to the spurs/mavs. those 3 teams seem to be a good fit.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:34 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Chandler signed a 5-year deal with the Nuggets today. It's not like there were any other options for him after the offer sheet period ran out. But it takes him off the market for the next while.

Also I have to laugh at situations like Derek Fisher thing with Houston. He apparently doesn't want to play there, and doesn't even bother showing up, but then he requires the Rockets to pay him for the privilege not having to have him as dead weight on their roster. Just like with NTCs, buyouts are something I think should be deterrents to the team unceremoniously cutting them, not for the player to exploit to manipulate the situation when they want out.
And this is the NBAPA player's rep.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:13 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
No kidding. NBA is a joke.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
marquee

Quote:
It's not like the Rockets would want him. They can find better talent in the NBDL or FA pool. Buying him out was a good decision i doubt Fisher changed their minds.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Shimso

I'd like to see Fisher join the Heat because it'd be funny to watch both Lakers fans and Heat fans be equally pissed off

Old
03-19-2012, 12:54 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
It's not like the Rockets would want him. They can find better talent in the NBDL or FA pool. Buying him out was a good decision i doubt Fisher changed their minds.
IIRC, Kyle Lowry's still hurt (or at least was when the trade was made), so they could use a backup PG since all they have is Goran Dragic. But even if they just took the contract off LA's hands for the sake of the 1st round pick they got from LA, it's Fisher that chose not to report and wanted out. If Fisher had showed up in Houston ready to play and Rockets management said "yeah, I don't think we'll be needing you" then I can understand arranging a buyout. But it was Fisher that decided to stay home and say "I don't want to be there". If he's the one wanting out, why should the Rockets have to pay for it?

Old
03-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Edgeworth*

So what do the Raptors need? It seems like with DeRozan, Bargnani, Calderon and Valanciunas they have most of their starting 5 set and aren't they offer sheeting that SG from the Nuggets?

Do they just need a better Center/Small Forward/SG?

Old
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
So what do the Raptors need? It seems like with DeRozan, Bargnani, Calderon and Valanciunas they have most of their starting 5 set and aren't they offer sheeting that SG from the Nuggets?

Do they just need a better Center/Small Forward/SG?
Wilson Chandler is a SF and he already resigned with the Nuggets for 4+ years, plus it was past the date the Raps could offersheet him. The works out to $37 million. Considering this year is basically done, four years at $37 million works out $9.3 million. Not worth it IMHO.

Raptors still need lots of work, and more top end talent. There's a reason they are a lottery team. They need a new SG, PG, SF, and good backup C.

I'm not sold on Ed Davis at all, Amir Johnson is a nice rotation player, Demar Derozan would be a solid backup, Jerryd Bayless has potential to be our starting PG, say good bye to Calderon, James Johnson will be a great backup SF and defensive stopper, say good bye to scrubs, Butler, Magloire and Gray (although Gray is a nice 3rd string C), and amnesty or trade Kleiza.

So ya the Raptors need a lot of work. The only real talent I see is Bargnani, Val, Bayless and that's it.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Didn't Alonzo Mourning do that with us to when we traded Vince Carter for him? To many pampered NBA players.

But with all due respect Fisher did sacrifice his pay for the remainder of the season. He left $3.4 million on the table.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:17 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Didn't Alonzo Mourning do that with us to when we traded Vince Carter for him? To many pampered NBA players.

But with all due respect Fisher did sacrifice his pay for the remainder of the season. He left $3.4 million on the table.

Yeah, Mourning whined and stomped his feet that he didn't want to play in Toronto, but forced the team to buy him out for like $5m+ if I remember right.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Hyperglide

Way to stay classy Golden State. Just Classy. Joke organization:

Just look at the disdain on the owners face. And you thought you felt bad for RW and BB lol..

Old
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Eytinge

Lacob is an idiot owner though. Dude thinks he is the next Mark Cuban.

Old
03-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Wilson Chandler is a SF and he already resigned with the Nuggets for 4+ years, plus it was past the date the Raps could offersheet him. The works out to $37 million. Considering this year is basically done, four years at $37 million works out $9.3 million. Not worth it IMHO.

Raptors still need lots of work, and more top end talent. There's a reason they are a lottery team. They need a new SG, PG, SF, and good backup C.

I'm not sold on Ed Davis at all, Amir Johnson is a nice rotation player, Demar Derozan would be a solid backup, Jerryd Bayless has potential to be our starting PG, say good bye to Calderon, James Johnson will be a great backup SF and defensive stopper, say good bye to scrubs, Butler, Magloire and Gray (although Gray is a nice 3rd string C), and amnesty or trade Kleiza.

So ya the Raptors need a lot of work. The only real talent I see is Bargnani, Val, Bayless and that's it.
So after this draft the Raptors should only need a PG and SG right? Maybe just SG if Bayless works out?

Old
03-20-2012, 08:46 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Depending on how you look at it, the Raps are either doing an awesome job of tanking this game, or a piss-poor job of getting back into it.

I also have to wonder if they game-planned for this thing like they were expecting Mike D'Antoni defence.

Closed Thread