HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v18: Hornets win draft lottery, will pick 1st. Raptors will pick 8th.

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Shimso

vCash: 500

Only 12 on the roster now...

Old
03-23-2012, 07:07 PM
unassisted

The game is on OMNI2 (in Mandarin) for those without Sportsnet One and not watching the Leafs game.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:34 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
There is a god! Rasual 'the tool' Butler WAIVED!!!
Words cannot express my feelings upon hearing this news.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 23 GP, 9-10-4 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Swervin81
Kadri ❤ Komarov

Watching the MSG Knicks feed. It's actually really good. Walt Frazier has been spewing random facts about how much both teams have been sucking in random areas

Old
03-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Buddio
CFC

Leafs and Raps win, feel bad man

Old
03-24-2012, 12:15 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Leafs and Raps win, feel bad man
can't feel bad. They waived Rasual Butler.

Old
03-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Hyperglide

Watching Knicks fans erupt after each loss to the Raps, is, hilarious. God they are so narcissistic. It's just so entertaining to read their message boards, I gotta grab some popcorn and enjoy my evening. Agree? No matter how good the tank is going, it's always a MUST to get a W vs. the Knicks just for that reason alone. So much free entertainment. Especially when it's in blowout fashion.

Oh and glad we shut up all the bandwagon poser Linsanity 'fans' today at the ACC.

Old
03-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Watching Knicks fans erupt after each loss to the Raps, is, hilarious. God they are so narcissistic. It's just so entertaining to read their message boards, I gotta grab some popcorn and enjoy my evening. Agree? No matter how good the tank is going, it's always a MUST to get a W vs. the Knicks just for that reason alone. So much free entertainment. Especially when it's in blowout fashion.

Oh and glad we shut up all the bandwagon poser Linsanity 'fans' today at the ACC.
You'd be mad too if you had Amar'e, Melo, Chandler, and Lin and still can't beat a team that used to have Rasual Butler as a starter.

My favourite Knicks moment was a few years ago when they were chanting "USA! USA!" during th Raptors draft pick announcement, and then with the first pick in the draft NYK chose Rautins

Old
03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
You'd be mad too if you had Amar'e, Melo, Chandler, and Lin and still can't beat a team that used to have Rasual Butler as a starter.

My favourite Knicks moment was a few years ago when they were chanting "USA! USA!" during th Raptors draft pick announcement, and then with the first pick in the draft NYK chose Rautins
You're right I would be mad if we had those overhyped soft superstars. I can't stand the Knicks and their overhyped players.

Old
03-24-2012, 02:47 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

The funny thing is that Lin's #s aren't really that much worse than during the height of the Linsanity craze. It's just that now the Knicks aren't winning games left and right like they were at the time, so there's not the same hype.

Old
03-24-2012, 02:57 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
The funny thing is that Lin's #s aren't really that much worse than during the height of the Linsanity craze. It's just that now the Knicks aren't winning games left and right like they were at the time, so there's not the same hype.
He's still playing okay, but they are pretty bad.

6.1 PPG less. 2.0 APG less. Almost 1.0 less RPG. That's between March and Feb. If you just took out the 10-games or so everyone was going crazy, it'd be even worse.

Old
03-24-2012, 03:02 PM
binop7

Quote:
I believe he's turning over the ball at a much higher rate and his handles have gone to ****.

Old
03-24-2012, 03:37 PM
xtra

I bet alot of it has to do with Melo. he just doesn't seem to me like a team player but very much a give me the ball and im gonna huck it up for my 20ppg

Old
03-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Shimso

Yeah, a lot of Knicks fans are blaming it on Melo, too. And with the supposed rumours that he wanted to be traded right before MDA "resigned" I don't doubt that his return didn't have a hugely positive effect on the team.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:18 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Raps show a ton of heart hanging with the best team in the league right now (even if they are down Derrick Rose) and they still lose and further the tank cause.

Everybody wins!

Old
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Not sure how some one asks to go to a certain team, but doesn't even get along with the coach. Nuggets have been better off without Melo anyways.

Old
03-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Not sure how some one asks to go to a certain team, but doesn't even get along with the coach. Nuggets have been better off without Melo anyways.
Whole team played better without Melo. What a mistake the Knicks made trading for him instead of waiting to sign him in the off season. Their roster would look a hell of a lot better with, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov. Probably still have Anthony Randolph a much more complete team then the one they are running with now imo. That team with out signing Melo is better then their current team imho.

Old
03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Habsfan18

Damn Bayless can't stay healthy.

03-26-2012, 08:22 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
He probably thought that D'Antoni would adjust the system to fit him because he's just that self-important. Or he didn't consider the fact that the D'Antoni system is a terrible fit for him and was just thinking "tons of offensive chances, weee!!!!"

asking to be traded and then handcuffing the team by publicly demanding to go to a specific team or teams (and I count having said info "leaked" to be publicly because you know damn well that any leaks were on purpose) is a complete dick move.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Swervin81
Kadri ❤ Komarov

Quote:
He probably thought that D'Antoni would adjust the system to fit him because he's just that self-important. Or he didn't consider the fact that the D'Antoni system is a terrible fit for him and was just thinking "tons of offensive chances, weee!!!!"

asking to be traded and then handcuffing the team by publicly demanding to go to a specific team or teams (and I count having said info "leaked" to be publicly because you know damn well that any leaks were on purpose) is a complete dick move.
You forgot endorsement incentives as well.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Dr.Funk

Raps have signed Alan Henderson to a 10 day contract.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Swervin81
Kadri ❤ Komarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
Just saw that on Matt Devlin's Twitter.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Eytinge

The pizza cheer is embarrassing.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:45 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
You forgot endorsement incentives as well.
I was moreso addressing the question of how Melo thought he would fit on the Knicks when his style (half-court sets and tons of iso to create his own shot) doesn't mesh with what D'Antoni preaches (the "7 seconds or less" full-court press, quick transition heavily leaning on the PG pushing the ball and hitting the open man for quick buckets)

Melo isn't a pick and roll guy. He's not a catch-and-shoot guy. He's not a quick cut guy. He takes the ball and tries to break down the D on his own. That's how D'Antoni ran the Suns and how he ran the Knicks. Amare would've been just fine if his knees weren't shot. Lin worked because he could slash and score when other options weren't available. But Melo is almost the antithesis of what D'Antoni-ball was. About the only way he would've been a worse fit was if he were a plodding, post-up center who couldn't make a pass to save his life.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:50 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
He played a couple minutes tonight. Honestly all I saw though was him hitting a pair of free throws for his only points of the game, so it's not much to judge on.

He was averaging 21 points, 4.5 boards, and 3 assists per game in the D League this year. From 05 to 07 he played just over 50 games for the Bobcats and averaged 6 points, 2 rebounds and an assist.

Not gonna set the world on fire, but what else would you expect from a D-League call-up.

Closed Thread