HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v18: Hornets win draft lottery, will pick 1st. Raptors will pick 8th.

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 01:30 PM
hdtrax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Really doubt we'd be able to move Amir, and I wouldn't want to trade Davis..
But one can dream right?

I like Ed, personally. But his drive and commitment leave so much to be desired. And it doesn't even seem like one of those "Oh, I'm playing in Toronto so I don't care" type players. He legitimately doesn't even look like he wants to play ball sometimes. If he can improve on that aspect, he can become a very, very good role player. If not, I'd trade him while he's still young so we could get something good in return.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Jungles View Post
Great game tonight. Let's see if Wade can guard Lin! And will Lebron show Carmelo who's the boss? Is today the day Bosh finally proves he's better than Amar'e?

Bosh proved long long time ago that he was better than Amare

Old
02-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Really doubt we'd be able to move Amir, and I wouldn't want to trade Davis..
I think he's got some value. I didn't really like the contract but its not that as some others around the league. He's a young and productive player too. With good players around him, he makes for a decent starter who provides rebounds, defense and blocked shots. He's got a decent jumper and can finish around the rim too. He can play center too if teams go small so there is some value in him.

It would be great if we could sign Chandler. We might have to move Kleiza though which might not be that easy. Not a terrible contract when he's actually playing since he's fairly productive but he's been injured the last couple of seasons.

Anyone know why Denver hasn't signed Chandler yet? He's a good young player so I have no idea why they would let him go.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Jungles View Post
Great game tonight. Let's see if Wade can guard Lin! And will Lebron show Carmelo who's the boss? Is today the day Bosh finally proves he's better than Amar'e?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
Bosh proved long long time ago that he was better than Amare
Yeah...Bosh is younger, healthier and better defensively than Amare. They're both jump shooting bigs lately, but Bosh has a much more consistent shot.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:52 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I think he's got some value. I didn't really like the contract but its not that as some others around the league. He's a young and productive player too. With good players around him, he makes for a decent starter who provides rebounds, defense and blocked shots. He's got a decent jumper and can finish around the rim too. He can play center too if teams go small so there is some value in him.

It would be great if we could sign Chandler. We might have to move Kleiza though which might not be that easy. Not a terrible contract when he's actually playing since he's fairly productive but he's been injured the last couple of seasons.

Anyone know why Denver hasn't signed Chandler yet? He's a good young player so I have no idea why they would let him go.
I think they're butting up against the cap and I don't recall how bird rights and RFA re-signings are affected by the new CBA.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Shimso

chandler was in toronto yesterday according to his twitter and the corresponding 36 page thread on it on realgm

I don't see the benefit in us signing him for what he'll probably command as an RFA.

Old
02-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

BAHAHAHA suck it Linsanity.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:58 PM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Hey guys, kinda OT but check out my friends new music video. Lots of NBA clips in it so I thought it might be relevant.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Baba Ganoush

didn't know where to post this...but just wanted to say P Diddy sounds like a racist bag of dinkhole.

why can black people say "black power" on public television, in a building full of people? insane. it's the same thing as a white dude saying white power...and we all know how that would fly. anal.

anyways, the nba all star thingy sucks anyways...but that frustrated me.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:16 PM
thehockeysong
BJ elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
didn't know where to post this...but just wanted to say P Diddy sounds like a racist bag of dinkhole.

why can black people say "black power" on public television, in a building full of people? insane. it's the same thing as a white dude saying white power...and we all know how that would fly. anal.

anyways, the nba all star thingy sucks anyways...but that frustrated me.
Morgan Freeman was right when he said that racism would go away if we stopped talking about it so much. The black power thing is just another example of people trying to bring it back all the time. I mean "black power"? How is that not going to be offensive to most of the audience watching? Meanwhile he probably thinks that that's somehow anti-racism.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:27 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Lol, Jeremy Evans...

Only his 2nd dunk was any good. Yes it was probably the best dunk of the night (not saying a whole lot, but still...), but his 1st dunk was super weak, and his 3rd one was run of the mill.

Budinger has a pair of solid dunks, and I might give an edge to Paul George on creativity and for maintaining a better average level of impressiveness. I would've probably ranked it as:

1) Budinger
2) George
3) Evans
4) Williams

I shouldn't be surprised though. The whole Dunk Contest is lame now. It's all about popularity and showboating with props and setup. By the time Carter and Jason Richardson got finished with the contest, we'd seen almost everything worth seeing out of actual dunks.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Eytinge

Pathetic. Get the stars back into the dunk contest. I hated the format this year, fans decide the winner? Pathetic.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Whoa, you guys are actually watching the all-star stuff?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:06 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Whoa, you guys are actually watching the all-star stuff?
Just like the NHL all-star weekend, I'll watch the skills comp, but not the game.

and I don't even care if there aren't stars in the dunk contest. Last year they had stars (Griffin) and it was still a joke because it was just a popularity contest where you knew he was going to win no matter what he did. His car dunk was massively overrated too.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Worst. Dunkcontest. Ever.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:15 AM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Worst. Dunkcontest. Ever.
The whole "jumping over people" thing is getting old. It's only cool when Nate Robinson does it.

I liked the 2nd dunk by Jeremy Evans. Other than that it was boring as hell.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
The whole "jumping over people" thing is getting old. It's only cool when Nate Robinson does it.

I liked the 2nd dunk by Jeremy Evans. Other than that it was boring as hell.
It was the theme of the night... everyone jumping over someone, even P. Diddy got in on the act

It's become too campy and cheesy... what happened to the good old days of just laying a thunderous impressive dunk (ie- Carter, Jason Richardson, Dominique Wilkins ect..)

I mean "The Tron" dunk???... lame.
The "blindfolded" hommage dunk??... lame.

I can honestly say I thought the NHL's "break away challenge" was less cheesy than this pathetic display by the NBA.

All pomp and circumstance, no substance.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Wow amazing they played the Canadian anthem at the All star game.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Sacramento apparently has a deal in place to get a new arena built. So scratch them off the list of potential ways that Seattle or possibly Vancouver gets another NBA team.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:25 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Huh.

Quote:
Bynum probably has the best approach. Magic fans, you're going to hear wild rumors galore surrounding Howard until the March 15 trade deadline.

There's a rumor circulating involving Howard, where the deal actually will come down March 1.

It goes something like this: The Magic send Howard, SF Hedo Turkoglu and Nelson to the Lakers; the Magic receive Bynum and Gasol. The salaries are close to matching up, making the deal work.

A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending PG José Calderon to Orlando.

Could be a great deal for the Magic, under the circumstances. There are some obvious holes in the scenario or scenarios.

For one, what do the Raptors get out of it? But the biggest hole is this: Howard is apparently cool on joining Kobe in L.A.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...29,full.column

And piggybacking on that, ESPN said:

Quote:
It's not sure what Orlando would give up although they could re-route Gasol to Toronto.

There are other rumors out there that the Magic don't particularly want Bynum, so that could impact an Orlando/LA trade for Howard.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Any news on Wilson Chandler?

Old
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

So, after Drummond says he plans on staying in the NCAA for next season, Kidd-Gilchrist is next.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...nd_This_Season

Of course they can always change their minds.

02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Any news on Wilson Chandler?
Last report I saw was that he was still trying to work out a deal with Denver, and that as much as Toronto wants him, they don't have the cap space to take a run at him with an offer sheet unless they clear out some bigger contracts. It's also believed that Chandler may just have used his visit to Toronto to create more negotiating leverage with the Nuggets.

The cap for this season is $58 million even, and according to hoopsworld's salary figures, the Raptors are currently just above $55 million in total salaries. The Nuggets are slightly over the $58 million cap, but they have Chandler's Bird Rights so they can continue to exceed the cap to sign him. The Raptors, on the other hand, could not table an offer sheet that is worth more than the $3ish million they have left in cap space right now, which is something the Nuggets would easily match (consider that the qualifying offer Denver had to submit to retain his RFA rights was about $3.1 million).

But, for example, let's say that the Raptors move out Leandro Barbosa for a draft pick, or a dirt-cheap NBA minimum contract or someone they can cut and have picked up elsewhere to remove the salary burden. With his $7.6m contract off the books, Toronto suddenly has almost $10.6 million in cap space that they could use on Chandler, and now Denver would have to think long and hard about whether or not they want to match whatever the Raptors offer.

Still, that would require trading Barbosa pretty much immediately (I think the deadline is early March) and it's still not a guarantee that Denver doesn't match even if the Raptors throw most of their cap space at Chandler (though realistically I can't see the Nuggets $7.5m a year) coupled with whether or not Toronto wants to be saddled with such a large contract for Chandler.

What it all boils down to is that I would expect him to stay in Denver, but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that he could end up somewhere else, perhaps Toronto if a bunch of dominoes all happen to fall.

EDIT: In other news, New Orleans is reportedly close to being sold to an ownership group out of LA. One that would look to keep the team where it is. So that's another blow to the proposed return to Seattle (and by extension, the pipe dream of a return to Vancouver)

Old
02-28-2012, 01:09 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Can't the Raptors and Nuggets make a deal for him? I heard it could be a three way deal and Barbosa could be leaving with Chandler coming here and Denver getting picks.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_20058056

Quote:
Chandler has until Thursday to receive an offer sheet from another team — he met with Toronto last week but hasn't been made an offer. After Thursday, the only NBA team he could play for this season is Denver.
Quote:
Luchey said "we're considering all options" and that it's realistic that Chandler could sign with a professional team in Italy this spring, in order to stay in shape and make some money.

Closed Thread