HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v18: Hornets win draft lottery, will pick 1st. Raptors will pick 8th.

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 02:24 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Can't the Raptors and Nuggets make a deal for him? I heard it could be a three way deal and Barbosa could be leaving with Chandler coming here and Denver getting picks.
Denver's still very much in the western playoff race. (9th right now, but only a half game back of 8th and 2.5 games out of 5th and 6th) I can't see them taking picks for Chandler unless their ownership group is absolutely hardlining against going over the salary cap.

The one scenario I could see for them trading him is if Chandler refuses to be a 6th man behind Gallinari and asks to be let go. But he seems fine with staying in Denver, so I don't know if that could reasonably be the case.

EDIT: I hadn't heard of a 3-way deal with Denver. The only trade possibility I heard the Raptors involved in that was with 3 teams was the potential for Toronto to help facilitate the Magic moving Dwight Howard to the Lakers. I posted a link and story about that a few posts ago.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 02-28-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
I think if the Magic don't want Bynum.. Raptors should take him. He'd be one of the better centres in the East and this would give Jonas more time to develop to the NBA game as well.. Would be interesting to see if the Raptors only gave up Calderon, but I doubt it.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I think if the Magic don't want Bynum.. Raptors should take him. He'd be one of the better centres in the East and this would give Jonas more time to develop to the NBA game as well.. Would be interesting to see if the Raptors only gave up Calderon, but I doubt it.
I suppose they could give up Calderon and Barbosa and be used to absorb some salary. Though if they were to somehow get Gasol or Bynum (which seems ridiculous) that wouldn't really work.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Oh Magloire, you're so terrible offensively. And defensively. Why is he on the team again?

Oh yeah. "toughness" because it's so valuable to push guys around in basketball and rack up fouls.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Swervin81
Disgruntled Leaf Fan

OT - I see JF with an asterisk by his name and no avy... did he get banned? Oh man...

As far as other things go, I just tuned in.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Now that Butler never ever plays anymore, I need someone new to rag on.

It's down to either Carter or Magloire right now.

Also, a very impressive 15 boards for Ed Davis tonight. He's looked good this game.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Ed Davis needs to get more playing time, especially when he is having a great night.

I can't believe we have Carter out there in the 4th quarter. DeMar, our leading scorer isn't out there either.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:16 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Ed Davis needs to get more playing time, especially when he is having a great night.

I can't believe we have Carter out there in the 4th quarter. DeMar, our leading scorer isn't out there either.
DeMar looked pissed on the bench.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
DeMar looked pissed on the bench.
Could be a good motivator for him. I thought he was playing well but I think Casey wants more defense and rebounds out of him.

Still though, it was kinda weird not seeing him out there considering he was doing a good job offensively and yeah the bench was playing well but DeMar should be playing out there in the 4th quarter.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Shimso

Quote:
I'm worried about Bynum's longevity. He's undergoing another type of injection into his knees soon.....

Old
02-29-2012, 12:26 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...r_anniversary/

nice look back at all the moves Colangelo has made.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Eytinge

Quote:

Ugh. I still don't think we'll go anywhere with BC at the helm. I have a feeling since next year is the last year of his contract, he'll do anything to make the playoffs and show Raptors management he deserves an extension.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:

Wow can't believe he's been the GM for 6 seasons. I miss those teams from 2008 and 2006.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Toronto Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo has been getting a lot of calls regarding Jose Calderon and Leandro Barbosa, however, nothing is close to being acceptable, reports the Toronto Sun.
Calderon is having a very good year for the Raptors and Barbosa is wanted because he has an expiring contract. Barbosa does prefer to stay with the team.
"I like Toronto, I like the organization, don't have a problem with anybody. We are young, but we are learning. The team has grown a lot, especially with Dwane Casey coming to the team, he's really helping us," said Barbosa.
Colangelo wants to maintain the Raptors significant cap room this summer, so it's doubtful a deal will get done that increases the payroll for next season.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Old
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

DeMar was pissed last night. He tweeted "straight bull****" after the game. today it's "mysteriously" disappeared.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
DeMar was pissed last night. He tweeted "straight bull****" after the game. today it's "mysteriously" disappeared.
Yeah they were talking about that on highlights yesterday. Maybe it was just frustration and then thought better and took it down.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Eytinge

Pretty lame by Derozan to ***** about playing time. How many times this year has he had a 6-15 shooting night, with 1 rebound and zero assists and still get to play 35+ minutes?

If anything, he's been handed playing time on a platter his first 3 years so far.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Pretty lame by Derozan to ***** about playing time. How many times this year has he had a 6-15 shooting night, with 1 rebound and zero assists and still get to play 35+ minutes?

If anything, he's been handed playing time on a platter his first 3 years so far.
He didn't really get much playing time in his rookie season...

I believe he was 6-14 and scored 10 points in the 3rd quarter to bring the team back into the game. He really should have been out there in the 4th quarter and let's face it, he's been doing well for the past month or so. He's picked up his game after those some terrible performances.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:46 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

March schedule wallpapers

1920x1080
Ed DavisTeam
1680x1040
Ed DavisTeam

1600x900

Ed DavisTeam

Click the thumbnail to go to the imageshack page for that wallpaper. Then either right-click and "save target/link as..." or click the picture again and then right-click and save the full size image that comes up on the fresh page.

Not sure what I'm going to do next month. Running out of good pics. Plus April is when Jays schedules start.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:02 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Davis not doing a whole lot to build on his solid game yesterday.

0-2 for no points, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks. And it's not like the Hornets are terribly intimidating on the interior aside from Kaman.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Davis not doing a whole lot to build on his solid game yesterday.

0-2 for no points, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks. And it's not like the Hornets are terribly intimidating on the interior aside from Kaman.
Who knows how much its affecting him but it's a back to back game but I suppose he should have fresher legs with the all-star break.

Interesting, after last night, Casey gives DeMar 40+ minutes. Maybe he was just saving him for the back to back.

Old
03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
What's the alternative?

This team isn't going to build through free-agency. They can't build through free-agency.

They need to build through the draft, and despite what you seem to think, it can be done. Look at what Oklahoma City is doing, and Memphis. It can be successful and, in the case of the Raptors, it has to be successful. The only way they're going to attract good free-agents is to build a good team. The way to do so (in the Raptors case) is to build through the draft, and have good asset management.

That's just the way it is.
The NBA is kinda a joke atm though. A team like the Raptors is simply a development team for the other more desirable markets in the league. Raps will draft high develop a player for a few seasons and lose him first chance he gets.

Unfortunately the team has been plagued by bad trades and drafting and has been butchered under former and current reigns of management. And, I don't see it getting any better for any of the bottom feeder teams until the league steps in and gives the teams more security with their young players.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24 View Post
The NBA is kinda a joke atm though. A team like the Raptors is simply a development team for the other more desirable markets in the league. Raps will draft high develop a player for a few seasons and lose him first chance he gets.

Unfortunately the team has been plagued by bad trades and drafting and has been butchered under former and current reigns of management. And, I don't see it getting any better for any of the bottom feeder teams until the league steps in and gives the teams more security with their young players.
Are you serious with this post? GTFO out of the Raptors board with that garbage. It's bad enough we have to hear this crap from 'Marquee' teams like Boston, NY, Miami, and LA.

The Raptors like any other small market team CAN attract FA"s as long as we have a competitive team. It's happened in the past, and it will happen again.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Are you serious with this post? GTFO out of the Raptors board with that garbage. It's bad enough we have to hear this crap from 'Marquee' teams like Boston, NY, Miami, and LA.

The Raptors like any other small market team CAN attract FA"s as long as we have a competitive team. It's happened in the past, and it will happen again.

Toronto is not really a small market, though. Toronto is a major market it's just the Raptors don't have much of a history. Why is Boston, or NY are more desirable than Toronto? Because of the history and prestige that comes with playing for those franchises. I think that plays a big part. The Knicks, for example, have been mediocre for a long time and yet they have players express interest in playing for them all the time.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Prophet Kadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post

We aren't small market. We aren't ever getting a Lebron,Dwight free agent. However, Toronto can easily grab supporting piece (#2 scorer, lock down defenders etc.) through free agency. We are a mid size market at the least. Every player whos ever been here has only said good things about the city. Even Carter and McGrady.

We may also have certain problems keeping superstars (specifically players from the south USA) in the city without constant winning. That however comes with all but about 4 teams in the league. I don't think Bosh would have left if we were a 50-60 win team.

Closed Thread