HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Assassin's Creed 3

Old
10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Really? I got through that without hitting a wall once. Was really easy for me.
I didn't understand the directions. I just don't like how it throws you in there, displays on the screen what you are supposed to do while you are alright trying to do it and then you have to figure it out on the fly.

I got confused because there is a counter, it doesn't say you have two hits remaining, it counts when you hit something, but it isn't entirely obvious you hit something. When I narrowly pass a tree, if a feather touches the tree, then it counts up, but in full speed it looks like i narrowly dodged the tree and it gave me a near miss point, so I figured I have to narrowly dodge two objects rather than just avoid everything together. Until this point in the game, you collected things, and you have to fill out the fractions, this is the first time where you are not supposed to fill up the fraction, and it doesn't tell you that.

Essentially the directions, to me, said that there are two guaranteed collisions that you had to dodge.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter

Last edited by Telos: 10-31-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Well I fell for it. Buying the game tonight lol . It looks too good to wait 2 months for it .
Good choice. If I have one bit of advice for you, it's, give it time. It'll start out weird, or different than most AC games. But it's all incredibly important. And if you've played all the other games and you now the back story your mind will be ****ed

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Good choice. If I have one bit of advice for you, it's, give it time. It'll start out weird, or different than most AC games. But it's all incredibly important. And if you've played all the other games and you now the back story your mind will be ****ed
Could you explain in a spoiler or pm? I've been playing as Harper or whatever his name is for around 2 hours... Just got all 4 of his acquaintances or whatever. The only AC game I've played was the first half of AC2... So I may not even know if it's happened.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Could you explain in a spoiler or pm? I've been playing as Harper or whatever his name is for around 2 hours... Just got all 4 of his acquaintances or whatever. The only AC game I've played was the first half of AC2... So I may not even know if it's happened.
If you're still that guy, it hasn't happened yet.

Also this is the mos accurate review I've found thus far http://updates.kotaku.com/post/34648...-kotaku-review

Old
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Carlzner

Is it a Connor thing or Desmond thing? Because seeing how I've only played some of AC2 I probably wouldn't be that mind blown by it if its Desmond. Just wondering.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Is it a Connor thing or Desmond thing? Because seeing how I've only played some of AC2 I probably wouldn't be that mind blown by it if its Desmond. Just wondering.
Desmond but also kind of Connor too

Old
10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Careful when synchronizing in trees. I have done 4 and I have died 3 times due to there not being a haystack or anywhere to do a leap of faith, lol.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Heisenberg77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Careful when synchronizing in trees. I have done 4 and I have died 3 times due to there not being a haystack or anywhere to do a leap of faith, lol.
So we just have to climb back down/low enough to jump without dying?

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:
Also this is the mos accurate review I've found thus far http://updates.kotaku.com/post/34648...-kotaku-review

Quote:
It is one of the best video games of the year, one of the most daring developed by a major studio this generation, and one of the most beautiful to ever run on any machine.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
So we just have to climb back down/low enough to jump without dying?
I think they just forgot to put haystacks under some. You should always be able to leap of faith after a synchronization. I try to climb back down, but usually slip and fall and die.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Harbinger
sic parvis magna

I spent the last hour hunting.

Harbinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Z0S0
Gomie is my Homie

Send a message via MSN to Z0S0
Played for about 2 to 3 hours last night. And I got one thing.

MY GOD WAS THE WATER BEAUTIFUL!

Z0S0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Things are a lot more enjoyable now that I am well beyond the prologue. My favorite part of the game is naval warfare now. Awesome opening fire on another ship. Good times.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Tribu

I have played ACI and ACII but haven't touched revelations and Brotherhood. Will I be lost in the story?

Tribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
I have played ACI and ACII but haven't touched revelations and Brotherhood. Will I be lost in the story?
Perhaps a little bit, but it is not like the story is THAT amazing. For AC, the gameplay is where it is at.

The game seems very vast though. I will admit that they certainly weren't lying about the length of the game. I've probably already dropped 10 hours into the game and am not even like 15% into the story, though I am going for 100% completion right off the bat. The zones are rather large too, so it certainly gives you a large sense of place and a good feel for the scale of things. The pros far outweigh the cons so far.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/10/26/...d-in-5-minutes

Watch this short video and you won't be lost

Old
10-31-2012, 08:44 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I'm still in the first few missions... this game does open up eventually right? It's all been fast travel to missions so far.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I'm still in the first few missions... this game does open up eventually right? It's all been fast travel to missions so far.
After sequence 3 it begins to open up. It is kind of half and half. After Sequence 5, it becomes what we know AC to be.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Carlzner

I think i just ran into the "mind ****"

"You are a... _______"

Old
11-01-2012, 01:02 AM
akademiks

Two secondary objectives had me pulling out my hair today:

- Blowing up 3 powdercarts
- Avoiding collisions as an eagle

I swear it was the closest I've ever been to throwing my controller in rage.

akademiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Harbinger
sic parvis magna

How does one start a trade convoy again?

Harbinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:12 AM
nightfighter

who saw that twist coming at the start of the game? I sure didn't.

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:49 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks View Post

Yeah, it is definitely sucking the life out of me That and the glitches in the game are starting to become prevalent. Was taking a fort, cleared like 30 guards meticulously, only had the general left, as I was approaching him I got stuck on the edge of the floorboard and couldn't free myself. Had to fast travel, and when I came back all 30+ guards were waiting for me again =/

Another one is during one of the naval missions, you have to chase a guy, and it took me like 7 tries to finally get everything perfect and then at the very end, they added a secondary mission and you had like 5 seconds to react, I missed it... That was unforgivable, had to turn my xbox off after that one At least give us all the missions... It only told me about it after I failed it, but it wasn't listed prior. Evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
How does one start a trade convoy again?
You go to the ledger either at your manor or at a general trading store. Then you select the convoy page and ship whatever. I've yet to make it really profitable for me. So far I've lose more money setting up than received in profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
who saw that twist coming at the start of the game? I sure didn't.
Spoil:
If you are talking about starting off playing Connor's dad, that was probably a total surprise to everyone, if you are talking about him being Connor's dad after it started, then yeah I knew that off the bat; if you are talking about him ultimately being a templar, which is probably the biggest twist in the game yet, I wouldn't have had a clue if the game didn't tip me off first (Connor's mom's profile mentions that he is a templar and I read it when she was first introduced)

Old
11-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks View Post

Oh just you wait. The rage is only beginning for secondary objectives I believe the end of sequence 6, or beginning of sequence 7 I forget. Ive lost track of what sequence Im on lol.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:56 AM
gunners14henry

Wait we were actually able to control the eagle in that part? Lol I thought it was all just a cutscene with an invincible eagle flying through rocks and trees unimpeded. I must've missed the beginning part of that mission where it showed the objectives. I feel dumb lmao.

As for the three barrel that you have to blow up, I found that relatively easy (took me three tries). Every time you have the barrels in sight just mash Y/triangle and you should shoot them. Just make sure you're not too close when they explode or else you'll die

gunners14henry is offline   Reply With Quote