HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Assassin's Creed 3

Old
11-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

vCash: 500
The only bug I've encountered so far was a glitched out deer standing in a meadow. Other than that, my game is well run.

Holy **** the naval missions are fun, but gods damn do I ever need to upgrade my ship.

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:56 AM
gunners14henry

Did anyone do the side mission where you had to find the 6 trinkets for the peg leg? I'm having an incredibly hard time getting the trinket in the North Eastern part of the Homestead map. I have to climb a mountain to get to it but have no idea where to climb

EDIT: I found a way to get up there thanks to a video on youtube. If any of you guys have problems getting trinkets, watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqf_czLdhKg

Last edited by gunners14henry: 11-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.
gunners14henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Is there anyway to check each individual side mission, and what you have to do for them ?

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Does anyone know if I need to collect the almanac pages as haytham?
There's 2 or 4 pages in the prologue, and I'm wondering if I don't collect them if those will still be there 20 years later as Connor?

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Does anyone know if I need to collect the almanac pages as haytham?
There's 2 or 4 pages in the prologue, and I'm wondering if I don't collect them if those will still be there 20 years later as Connor?
There's only two when you play as Haytham. Then the rest will pop up when you play as Connor.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
There's only two when you play as Haytham. Then the rest will pop up when you play as Connor.
I know that, but if I don't collect them, are they lost forever?

Old
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
I know that, but if I don't collect them, are they lost forever?
You can re-play memories.

I just finished Sequence 8... Things are getting really good. Really impressed with the game thus far, has easily matched maybe even surpassed my huge expectations.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
You can re-play memories.

I just finished Sequence 8... Things are getting really good. Really impressed with the game thus far, has easily matched maybe even surpassed my huge expectations.
Agreed. Though I want to punch whoever is responsible for the secondary missions in the face and burn down their house. Must have done that 'stop Hickey' mission 100 times. Those bodyguards are the worst in human history.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Agreed. Though I want to punch whoever is responsible for the secondary missions in the face and burn down their house. Must have done that 'stop Hickey' mission 100 times. Those bodyguards are the worst in human history.
Oh Dear God...

It took me like 20 minutes... Every time I got close some ******* either knocked me down or Connor started running up a building.

It was beyond infuriating.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to beat up that sailor in New York... Very frustrating. He is immune to anything and everything, haven't even damaged him yet.

Edit - Figures... Like 10 seconds after I post this I figure it out. You need to counter and then immediately break defense and then go on the offensive and come out swinging. He drops almost instantly... Figures.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:20 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to beat up that sailor in New York... Very frustrating. He is immune to anything and everything, haven't even damaged him yet.

Edit - Figures... Like 10 seconds after I post this I figure it out. You need to counter and then immediately break defense and then go on the offensive and come out swinging. He drops almost instantly... Figures.
ya you're going to have to do that alot in this game later on. It took me a while to figure it out

Old
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Is it almost impossible to get a counter kill when fighting large groups, or do I just suck?

Old
11-02-2012, 11:16 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Bought the game today and accidentally played for five or so consecutive hours without even realizing it.

But, so far, I'm left with one simple question.... why the **** did they add slow mo to parrying?

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Didn't see a thread, but how's that Liberation game on Vita?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Interesting enough ending.

Can't help but wondering if they will make another game.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Man. That Hickey mission blows complete ass. Whoever thought of it needs to get aids.

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:40 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskogien View Post
Interesting enough ending.

Can't help but wondering if they will make another game.
It is guaranteed.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Sequence 9 was something else. Really good, nice plot twist.

When any of you we're chasing hickey to kill him was it in slow motion? I think that might've been a glitch cause it seemed like the audio was running at normal speed and everything else was in slowmo for some reason

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 10:54 AM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

I don't know if it's Rogers or Ubisoft but I can't stay connected to the game servers for more than 3 games.

Very frustrating.

I think it's Rogers. Pay for 75Mbps and last check I got 5. Will call Monday and get mad.

D Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Sequence 9 was something else. Really good, nice plot twist.

When any of you we're chasing hickey to kill him was it in slow motion? I think that might've been a glitch cause it seemed like the audio was running at normal speed and everything else was in slowmo for some reason
I don't think it was a glitch, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was. The glitched version of slow motion is much slower, it happens to me like 1-2 times a day, but that Hickey scene was reasonably fast in comparison. I think they intended it to increase the tension/drama of it all. Not to mention all the little intricate things you must do, like dodge all the guards and people to get to him and then keep him from the bodyguards as you kill militia around him.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Is it almost impossible to get a counter kill when fighting large groups, or do I just suck?
You have to B+A to counter officers/important enemies, as it's pretty much impossible to counter kill them. You can counter kill guards and the like, but if you disarm/break their defense you can then attack and kill them. It gets frustrating when there's like 5 officers.

I just started Sequence 11. It's so damn good... I don't want it to end!

Old
11-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Don;t know if its a glitch or not, but when I go into the accounting book I can't switch between the 3 , and when I click on one I can't back out or again move , I can only press A .

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:37 PM
gunners14henry

That's just a tutorial taking place.You'll have to do that for all three (stockpile, crafting and convoy). After that, you can move between them freely

Old
11-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Don;t know if its a glitch or not, but when I go into the accounting book I can't switch between the 3 , and when I click on one I can't back out or again move , I can only press A .
That happened to me once. Also another time I went to my own resources and they were missing and I couldn't select them. I would suggest changing towns, going to a general store and trying there, etc... It will fix itself.

The problem I have with convoys is re-building or deleting one. My very first convoy was attacked back at the start of the game, I am nearing the end and it is still there marked as attacked, and I can't build another one in it's place, delete it, or do anything with it, it is just a taken spot.

Convoys are a really good way of making money though. Now that all my stuff is upgraded, that I can afford all the resources, etc. You can make like 5k a shipment, so you can end up making like 40-50k per hour if you're persistent with it. The biggest trick is naval convoys. If you do all the naval missions and clear their trade routes, there is no risk, and they can carry nearly 10k worth of goods.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

That account book is dumb. Didn't use it once after being shown how.

Just send out the assassins to get money or loot chests.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote