HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Assassin's Creed 3

Old
11-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

vCash: 500
Do you get anything for capturing forts ?

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

I believe you lower tax rates by doing that, but i could be wrong.

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Might be pointless, but if there's ever a time where you get surrounded by a ton of guys and you're about to die don't forget you have smoke bombs. I completely forgot about them

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
**** Fanorona.... Holy **** that game is frustrating. I am having the hardest time closing the deal. Once he is down to a couple of pieces he is always invincible sits back waiting for me to give up my pieces. Hate that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Do you get anything for capturing forts ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
I believe you lower tax rates by doing that, but i could be wrong.
This is correct, it decreases your tax rate. With all of them you aren't taxed at all, which means higher profits for convoys. They also have a guaranteed chest which is usually like 7500 currency. Ironic that once you capture the fort, the blue coats are also your enemies and treat you like **** though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Might be pointless, but if there's ever a time where you get surrounded by a ton of guys and you're about to die don't forget you have smoke bombs. I completely forgot about them
This or you have to keep countering and breaking defenses until you scatter them enough to kill one and get on a streak. Also, if you are in the city, you have assassin allies. Pistols are a good way too, if you get the royal pistols you can get 3-4 shots before reloading, and you can use pistols in combos for instant kills, like putting them to someone's head or in someone's mouth. One of my favorite tactics though is to go unarmed and then disarm someone, which usually leads to an instant kill and a streak.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:29 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This is correct, it decreases your tax rate. With all of them you aren't taxed at all, which means higher profits for convoys. They also have a guaranteed chest which is usually like 7500 currency. Ironic that once you capture the fort, the blue coats are also your enemies and treat you like **** though...
Does this happen naturally? I thought it happened in my game because I killed one of them. Sucks that they don't become your allies.

gunners14henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Does this happen naturally? I thought it happened in my game because I killed one of them. Sucks that they don't become your allies.
Yeah, you're a Native American, and you never truly allied to them. You just lend aid when your goals align. If they aligned with the British you
would be helping them instead. You hate Washington as much as you hate Haytham, you are a third party and only care about the cause of the Assassins and your people - British, Washington, Colonies, and French be damned.

P.S. **** Fanorona.

Old
11-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Yeah, you're a Native American, and you never truly allied to them. You just lend aid when your goals align. If they aligned with the British you
would be helping them instead. You hate Washington as much as you hate Haytham, you are a third party and only care about the cause of the Assassins and your people - British, Washington, Colonies, and French be damned.

P.S. **** Fanorona.
Now, I'm not sure that you hate Washington as much as haytham. Haytham is a Templar (and Connor cares about the assassins... Even though he barely knows anything) and he already wanted to murder him when he was like 16

Anyways, I've been able to go into the recaptured forts to collect the chests without a problem. When I picked up a barrel though, they got mad.

And I don't remember if it was here, but someone complained about outfits not showing in cutscenes. From what I've seen, the dyes don't show in cutscenes, but different outfits (eg. Ezio's) do

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

And where the **** do I find more homestead missions?

Old
11-04-2012, 02:28 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

Telos it seems like every time you post you're doing so to complain about the game. Why keep playing if it makes you so angry?

The Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:34 PM
gunners14henry

How do we get that royal pistol? I can't buy it in stores and it doesn't give me the option to craft it.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Now, I'm not sure that you hate Washington as much as haytham. Haytham is a Templar (and Connor cares about the assassins... Even though he barely knows anything) and he already wanted to murder him when he was like 16

Anyways, I've been able to go into the recaptured forts to collect the chests without a problem. When I picked up a barrel though, they got mad.

And I don't remember if it was here, but someone complained about outfits not showing in cutscenes. From what I've seen, the dyes don't show in cutscenes, but different outfits (eg. Ezio's) do
Only read if you are beyond sequence 10:

Spoil:
Washington is responsible for your mother's death. You learn this as you and Haytham confront him at Valley Forge. You thought Lee did it under Haytham's orders but Washington admits, after Haytham reveals it in front of you both, that he and his men set fire to your village during the Seven Years War. He is also responsible for moving your people off their land because he feels he cannot trust the natives as they have been allying with the British. You also believe he is a weak and incompetent leader, you agree with the Templar's critiques of him as a man, you only support his cause or what his idealistic philosophy strives for.

Quote:
And where the **** do I find more homestead missions?
If you have found all of your homesteaders, then the only way to get more missions is to progress through the game. You get more as you complete sequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gourmet View Post
Telos it seems like every time you post you're doing so to complain about the game. Why keep playing if it makes you so angry?
Why do anything at all? Complete happiness is non-existent, might as well not play life either...

I treat this as an outlet with others who also play the game. I have no friends who are gamers. Humans are social beings. You talk to someone who understands and you move on. You don't have to love everything about something to enjoy doing it. Note that I also work through and solve my problems and issues on here, so that my solutions may help someone else who encounters the same problem.

Quote:
How do we get that royal pistol? I can't buy it in stores and it doesn't give me the option to craft it.
Might depend on how far you are in the game. I didn't get it until like the last 40% of the game. I don't remember exactly, if I bought or crafted it though.

There is a bug int he game where it won't allow you to dual wield them as you travel, if you go and equip them both it will stick until you travel and it will revert your offhand pistol to the one you carried previously before you got the royal one.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

How do we set up naval convoys?

Old
11-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
How do we set up naval convoys?
You first build one under special items. Then, if you have things to sell, you go to trading and select your convoy. Select an item slot and pick the item you want to sell, and then you go up and down the different locations and their respective merchants to find the best price vs risk.

Be sure to look at the risk... The highest price will usually be with a place that presents the greatest risk and you could lose your vessel. If you've done all your naval missions then two of the options should be 5% and I would usually pick the highest price out of those two locations. Remember to look left and right at the vendors too, there are multiple merchants per location. Rinse and repeat until the vessel is full and send it on its way.

The problem is the UI is tedious so you have to go through a lot of menus to get all your items on the boat to send it, but once it is done, you should receive like 10k per ship.

Early on I recommend you trade pelts you get from hunting. If you get like beaver, elk, bear, etc. You can get 700+ per pelt, versus a significantly lower price if you just pawn it to vendors...

Old
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

So I just opened the case and realized it has two discs. Is there a difference in the story? I only have one controller, so obviously, I can't use the multiplayer mode.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

So. Just a heads up, don't go and collect all of piglegs trinkets at once then go to him, or you'll only get credit for one apparently. Now I'm screwed basically for that. You have to do them all individually I guess.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:19 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
So I just opened the case and realized it has two discs. Is there a difference in the story? I only have one controller, so obviously, I can't use the multiplayer mode.
its multi player, like online game play.

nyrpassion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
The discs are entirely for either single or multiplayer; you won't be asked to change discs in the middle of either, but only when you select to go do one or the other.

Multiplayer isn't for multiple controllers in a single room. It is for going online and competing with others via XBox Live. I highly recommend it as it is pretty fun to sneak around and kill each other

Quote:
So. Just a heads up, don't go and collect all of piglegs trinkets at once then go to him, or you'll only get credit for one apparently. Now I'm screwed basically for that. You have to do them all individually I guess.
I am holding my breath for a big patch here soon in the next month or so to provide a lot of corrections to all the bugs.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:42 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
I gathered them all at once and it worked fine. There are only four missions for the peg legs, where you acquire one map piece during each mission (four total). IIRC it worked like this;

- get 1 trinket start the first mission

- get 6 trinkets start the second mission

- get 14 trinkets start the third mission

- get all 24 trinkets start the fourth and final mission

One bug that's getting on my nerves is that I'm trying to fill out my hunting map to get all hunting challenges yet in one of the hunting areas I've killed about 10 beavers but it's not showing it as discovered. Really frustrating.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Wow, the UI is atrocious.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
I gathered them all at once and it worked fine. There are only four missions for the peg legs, where you acquire one map piece during each mission (four total). IIRC it worked like this;

- get 1 trinket start the first mission

- get 6 trinkets start the second mission

- get 14 trinkets start the third mission

- get all 24 trinkets start the fourth and final mission

One bug that's getting on my nerves is that I'm trying to fill out my hunting map to get all hunting challenges yet in one of the hunting areas I've killed about 10 beavers but it's not showing it as discovered. Really frustrating.
I handed them in on 4 separate occasions, got the 4 naval map destinations.

Fun side mission... Worthwhile too. The reward is pretty handy. Working on getting all the feathers, already have all of the trinkets/pages.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Could someone explain how the pages/inventions work? I know if I collect the pages, I'm supposed to be able to get Bejamin Franklin's inventions or something. How do I get these? I already have two complete sets

Old
11-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Could someone explain how the pages/inventions work? I know if I collect the pages, I'm supposed to be able to get Bejamin Franklin's inventions or something. How do I get these? I already have two complete sets
In the recipes under crafting

Old
11-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Been playing the multiplayer to get my last two achievements (level 20, and the hacked Abstergo video). It is pretty fun. This is my first AC game where I even played multiplayer for any length of time, and I have to say that I've been missing out. Very straight forward, but controlled so that it is not too crazy. Gotta love the whole stealth/disguise aspect of it all. It is sort of a unique experience. One that isn't widely represented today, though has existed.

Quote:
You can only craft each one once, and when you do they are on display upstairs in your manor. I don't think you get anything for them though, other than completing them. I didn't notice any reward, though it wouldn't surprise me if there was some weapon that I didn't notice. Anyway, the recipes are crafted using your homestead ledger.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:11 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils