HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Assassin's Creed 3

Old
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Yea just for the Main missions though I believe.
Completionist is for everything. Finish every club, explore every map, get every waypoint, do every delivery mission, get every feather, get every almanac page and invention, upgrade every assassin, etc... There is a separate achievement for completing all the secondary objectives for missions, but there is also one for 100% sync across the board, which requires doing everything.

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Sovereign
Old.

vCash: 500
Eff that noise.

The hickey mission alone disuades me from even attempting it.

11-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Sovereign
Old.

Holy **** balls man. I could not getting any of the mission contraints for Oak Island at all. I've successfully countered dozens of wolf attacks through out the game and for the life of me, I could not counter this wolf ambush at all.

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
Holy **** balls man. I could not getting any of the mission contraints for Oak Island at all. I've successfully countered dozens of wolf attacks through out the game and for the life of me, I could not counter this wolf ambush at all.
Yeah, they made that one extremely hard, much harder than normal. It really tests your reflexes as you only have a fraction of a second for each one. It took me like 20 tries as well to get them all without getting hurt.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Multiplayer is different. Not sure i love it, but its kind of fun. I only played about 5 games. It's pretty tough but I found the matchmaking in terms of balancing was done well. I only ever faced people around my level. Something I wish CoD would get right

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Multiplayer is different. Not sure i love it, but its kind of fun. I only played about 5 games. It's pretty tough but I found the matchmaking in terms of balancing was done well. I only ever faced people around my level. Something I wish CoD would get right
The matchmaking gets worse as you level, by the time I was level 20, I would end up getting matched against set groups of 50+ guys who play non-stop, guilded, and are all coordinating via voice. The games are fun though, and it isn't every game you get matched like that, but it occurs often after you get a few levels under you.

Yesterday was brutal, went in for a team artifact game and I got matched against four gold stared players, and it was just me and a level 1... I **** you not, it was like his first game. Needless to say it was over fast... I got a lot of xp though just defending.

It is a unique experience though, and is pretty fun overall. If you want to level up fast, just play team artifact and defend. You get 5k+ xp per game, and it is probably the most fun mode in my opinion.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:43 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
easiest way to kill the wolfs in that mission is to climb a tree and when they get close, to air assassinate them. I think poison darts work as well.

gunners14henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

If anyone wants to know where bears are, in packanack near like a waterfall there's at least 5 at any given time. Haha I saw one just sitting against a tree like a fat guy on a sofa I have a pic of it on my ipad but I don't know how to get it on here

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:21 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

So for people who have beat the game, is this like the previous ones where you quickly end up with more money than you can spend? I want to know if I should really bother with all the homestead, trading and crafting stuff.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
So for people who have beat the game, is this like the previous ones where you quickly end up with more money than you can spend? I want to know if I should really bother with all the homestead, trading and crafting stuff.
I don't think so. I think the homestead is needed to get the real money. Though, you might be able to upgrade your ship all the way with other monies. I wasn't really swimming with cash until the very end, and the only reason was because I got good at the homestead stuff. It is the primary means to make money. Just like purchasing shops were in Ezio's storyline.

Old
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
kingsboy11
Starter in Sochi

I don't know why everybody had so much trouble with the Hickey mission. It just took a long time to catch him. I ran around in circles about times 5, but I eventually got him.

kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
I don't know why everybody had so much trouble with the Hickey mission. It just took a long time to catch him. I ran around in circles about times 5, but I eventually got him.
Lmao same with me, I went around at least 5 times, then I paused and looked online and figured you have to tackle him. Also I barely directly followed him, I used like back lanes and stuff to make it easier for me not to push anyone.

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Need help again! I'm in Sequence 3. I have to eavesdrop twice and I was successful with the first one. But with this one, I can't seem to sneak in.I always get caught.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

If I remember that mission correctly, there should be a spot near that window to the left of the soldiers where you can blend in between two guys.

Old
11-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
If I remember that mission correctly, there should be a spot near that window to the left of the soldiers where you can blend in between two guys.

Thanks. Finally got it.

Still waiting for the Ezio-style love scene with the Native American girl so that Connor will get conceived.

Old
11-10-2012, 05:49 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Thanks. Finally got it.

Still waiting for the Ezio-style love scene with the Native American girl so that Connor will get conceived.
Spoil:
There isn't one. They make out a little bit in the cave she leads him to, then we skip ahead to her narrating the fact that Connor was born later and we move into controlling Connor and carrying on from there.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:32 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't think so. I think the homestead is needed to get the real money. Though, you might be able to upgrade your ship all the way with other monies. I wasn't really swimming with cash until the very end, and the only reason was because I got good at the homestead stuff. It is the primary means to make money. Just like purchasing shops were in Ezio's storyline.
I'll probably just end up doing all of it. The homestead missions are kind of fun anyway. This game is just so overwhelming though with all the different things to do.

Multiplayer is pretty fun although it has the potential to be even better with just some tweaking. The UI is just awful in multiplayer, possibly the worst I've seen as far as MP games in the past couple of years.

I mainly play Wanted and I wish there was some sort of "Hardcore" Wanted mode where you can only kill your target if you're discreet. There's still too many runners and roof jumpers, even though they've obviously tried to cut back on that. Guys just string together tons of 100-200 point kills with some break chases mixed in and they end up with high scores.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Sovereign
Old.

I wish there was more we could do with the homestead. It's left me wanting more to do.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:21 PM
snowden
Man is matter

This game seems ridiculous reading all the comments. I've played all the AC games but this seems harder than what I remember. I've never gone for 100% synch but I don't remember ever repeating missions more than a few times. Is this significantly harder or is everyone just being dramatic or awful at playing this?

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:25 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
This game seems ridiculous reading all the comments. I've played all the AC games but this seems harder than what I remember. I've never gone for 100% synch but I don't remember ever repeating missions more than a few times. Is this significantly harder or is everyone just being dramatic or awful at playing this?
It's definitely harder and more frustrating if you go for the full sync. In the old AC games you were basically given a target or a mission and you just had to get it done. Some of the parameters in this game are just ridiculous. It's not just "air assassinate target x", now it's "air assassinate target x" and "do not get detected by any guards" and "do not kill any guards" and "do not use weapon x more than 6 times" etc. Its kind of frustrating when you're trying to nail those kind of things and you get spotted by a guard in a cheesy location right when your about to finish the mission and you blow your full sync.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

I don't mind "Do not get detected". But "Do not kill any guards"? **** off!

BTW, Rebecaa Crane is quite a looker, isn't she?

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 11-11-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old
11-11-2012, 12:44 AM
kingsboy11
Starter in Sochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I don't mind "Do not get detected". But "Do not kill any guards"? **** off!

BTW, Rebecaa Crane is quite a looker, isn't she?
I'm more of a Lucy person.
Spoil:
Too bad desmond killed her.

Last edited by Telos: 11-11-2012 at 11:07 AM.
kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:56 AM
gunners14henry

Not killing guards is easy. Just set your fists as the weapon and when you attack the guards you just paralyze them or put them to sleep. It doesn't kill them.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Sovereign
Old.

I cannot kill these Oak Island wolves with my counter. rage!

Old
11-11-2012, 10:45 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
I cannot kill these Oak Island wolves with my counter. rage!
Climb a tree and air assassinate. You'll still get the secondary objectives. It's the easiest way to do it.