HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Assassin's Creed 3

Old
03-01-2012, 12:21 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

vCash: 500

Amazing.

03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Carlzner

Assassins Creed 3

Assassins Creed 3 will be set in the American Revolutionary time period and setting. It will feature a new assassin. (Who is one of Desmonds ancestors, obviously)

I didn't play the last 2, as i got bored of the setting by the end of AC2. After i finished AC2 i thought that the American Revolutionary time period would be awesome, and now 3 years later its the next installment.

Here's an official photo:

And a Gameinformer article with some more images:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...creed-iii.aspx

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
JurassicTunga

Looks badass

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
That's crazy. Looks cool though. Given the progression, I wonder how many we have left? There's the Civil War, World War I & II, Vietnam, Cold War, etc... How far are they going to take it and milk this franchise? LoL.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

I am going to play the hell out of this

03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
That's crazy. Looks cool though. Given the progression, I wonder how many we have left? There's the Civil War, World War I & II, Vietnam, Cold War, etc... How far are they going to take it and milk this franchise? LoL.
This game finishes off the story of Desmond, IIRC. So nothing would stop them from jumping into another bit of assassin linage and exploring other, earlier time periods different from the ones used in the first 3 games.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
clefty
What?

Won't running around and stabbing dudes wearing white hooded robes while everyone else is wearing coats and tri-corner hats be a little too conspicuous? Isn't the idea that the Assassin wears unassuming (but cool) garb in order to blend in with the crowd?

Whatever, its probably going to be really good.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Won't running around and stabbing dudes wearing white hooded robes while everyone else is wearing coats and tri-corner hats be a little too conspicuous? Isn't the idea that the Assassin wears unassuming (but cool) garb in order to blend in with the crowd?

Well, it was in development for 3 years, and I'm guessing they spent 2 of those just trying to figure out how they're gonna pull it off.
I wonder how they'll do the buildings, since things weren't so densely populated, and it was mostly small isolated houses

Krampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post

It didn't really blend in in ACII or Revelations either. I think the whole idea of the assassin gear looking just like normal wear for someone went out the window after AC I and its monks.

At this point it's just sort of like Superman and the Clark Kent glasses. We all know it's not really a disguise, but we just go with it for the sake of story and rule of cool.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 03-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Noori

vCash: 763
Hopefully the challenge of accommodating the setting really helped the developers get creative. I found Brotherhood and Revelations fun, but parts of it were pretty stale.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
It didn't really blend in in ACII or Revelations either. I think the whole idea of the assassin gear looking just like normal wear for someone went out the window after AC I and its monks.

At this point it's just sort of like Superman and the Clark Kent glasses. We all know it's not really a disguise, but we just go with it for the sake of story and rule of cool.
Yeah.

While it was fitting for AC1, it was already silly in AC2.
(walking around "blended" in your white hooded coat among 30 cardinals in red robes and huge red hats in the Papal Palace = priceless)

Definitely looking forward to this one.
I was a bit against that setting, wanted Paris or London, but Native Americans are cool as ****, so guessing this could be great if they pull it off right.

Last edited by Corto: 03-02-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:34 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Well, it was in development for 3 years, and I'm guessing they spent 2 of those just trying to figure out how they're gonna pull it off.
I wonder how they'll do the buildings, since things weren't so densely populated, and it was mostly small isolated houses
Boston, New York, and Philly were all cities then and could all be good locations. They didn't have quite the scale or landmarks of the previous locations, but it's not like America was just a bunch of homesteaders at the time.

I didn't play Brotherhood or Revelations and I'm excited for this change of setting. I heard Game Informer has a 13-page article on it coming out on Monday.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Harbinger
Lose control.

Skewering *****es with a rifle bayonet? Hell yes!

Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
This game finishes off the story of Desmond, IIRC. So nothing would stop them from jumping into another bit of assassin linage and exploring other, earlier time periods different from the ones used in the first 3 games.
AC 4.... We find out Desmond is a descendant of the true protagonist of AC and we play a him as Desmond in a modern setting.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:03 AM
oil Leaks
5-14-6-1

From http://www.allgamesbeta.com/

oil Leaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post

Amazing.
Amazing is right. So ****ing pumped - didn't want any part of France or the French revolution.

This is going to rock.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
ColonialsHockey10

This got me incredibly overwhelmed. I was hoping I wouldn't be teased with any in-game screenshots this early.

Looks unbelievable, one of the few franchises that even though they milk it to death, each one is drastically improved.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:48 PM
wej20

Assassin's Creed 2 was great and I have Revelations but didn't really get into it, this has definitely got me excited though.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
JurassicTunga

Wow those screenshots looks AMAZING.

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:09 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

Should I beat Revelations in order to understand the storyline continuing in 3? I got bored of Revelations very quickly, despite loving all the other games.

The Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
They can milk it all they want. In my opinion its the best gaming franchise. Bar none. (my opinion)

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Amazing is right. So ****ing pumped - didn't want any part of France or the French revolution.

This is going to rock.
Assassins Creed 3: __________ is going to be set in the French Revolution. That's my bet. Then that sequel will involve Napoleon.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Carlzner

http://gamingeverything.com/16129/as...ans/?pid=10387

Image and Article scan. This is on page 4 or something where im at right now though, sorry.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Sundance
You Can Never Get To

This image says a lot about how the cities may look:

Pretty good, though it does it seem the wilderness will play a bigger role this time around.

Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I'm glad that there's a bit of developmental disconnect between III and the last 2 games. I loved what Brotherhood added to II, but I thought that Revelations was an odd mixture of stagnation and a step in the wrong direction, and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as II or Brotherhood (mostly the combat annoyed me, with the weird timing changes to killstreaks and counters. I also felt that the recruit system wasn't developed as well as it could've been, and some of the mini-game sort of stuff like den defence was boring or unnecessary)

Even if they finish off the Desmond story with III, I do hope they continue with the franchise, as there is fertile ground story-wise to keep exploring (at least in the sense of assassins through the ages. Not sure about tying more present-time stuff into it)
Exactly what i felt with the revelation but i bought it more for the story so i was okay with

Ok never mind i thought i was getting a weird feeling but damn im damn am i interested in this now!