HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Classic game: Nashville 3 - Detroit 2 (OT)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2004, 09:00 AM
117p

vCash: 500
Classic game: Nashville 3 - Detroit 2 (OT)

not exactly an "observations from sect 117" but ...

* i think i've finally found a lucky seat at home - i've been searching for that 'perfect' seat for watching Predator games on TV for six years and i think i've got one ... two wins over detroit and an OT win over chicago ... and i'm guessing that the luck will hold out for another 7 games (anyone want to help me carry the couch to the GEC?)

* i forgot how much i liked tom fitzgerald ... giving 100% every night

* watching martin erat in his rookie year ... then his horrible, 'unenthusiastic' beginning to season #5, leading him to a year in milwaukee and then last year's comeback ... remember me saying that he skates each shift like its going to be his last one

* glad to see delmore scratched last night ... i'd hate to get that old knot in my stomach everytime i see him play his 'matador' defense

* we all remember the two late 3rd period goals and bubba's OT winner but i had forgotten how well we played all night, even hitting the post twice ...

* i also remember how well mike 'cancer in the dressing room' dunham played when he was trying to show what he could do on the olympic team ... but then i remember how worthless, as a player AND teammate, he was when the olympics were over

* is there anyone out there who would give up dan hamhuis and have karlis skrastins back? if there is and you want to argue about it, let me know

* back in those days i was still criticizing david poile for some of his moves ... for the 100th time, david, please forgive me

* speaking of "back in those days" - it was plays like the one Arkhipov made in fighting for the puck against the boards, leading to the winning goal that makes me still hope that we haven't seen the last of a talented, strong Denis Arkhipov

* the classic games are fun to watch but the tension, excitement, suspense - the things that make our games so much fun - is missing ... obviously ... BUT, admit it, when bubba scores that goal, you DID get excited, didn't you

Old
10-28-2004, 09:12 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

* is there anyone out there who would give up dan hamhuis and have karlis skrastins back? if there is and you want to argue about it, let me know

non in a million, billion years.

Old
10-28-2004, 09:23 AM
Pred303

you're dead on 117,it was still fun to watch....watching that one offensive zone trip where billy houlder had four attempts at shots(and they had to have been the worst looking 4 shots in sequence i ever saw) was hilarious

another thing that game made me think of was petr tenkrat...i really thought at the time he was gonna fit right in and become a scorer with us

and you're right,that was the arkhipov we need to see again

Old
10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
my wife (she became a preds fan last season) saw the game and was convinced that wasn't the same arkhipov.

Also, anyone else noticed that while leggy's defense has gotten much better since that game that he played with something then that he somewhat lacks now? I can't exactly put my finger on it.

Old
10-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Pred303

don't forget tonight is game 4 of the classic pred series....game 4 of the playoffs,should be a good one,cann't remember exactly how that one turned out....

Old
10-29-2004, 04:17 PM
predperson

Quote:
not exactly an "observations from sect 117" but ...
Wow....been gone a couple of weeks and return to find 117P over here.....now all my favorite hockey analysts are posting over here......it's going to be fun without all the "trolls" and "bunnies".

Now, if we only had some real-time hockey to analyze.

Old
10-29-2004, 04:22 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson
Wow....been gone a couple of weeks and return to find 117P over here.....now all my favorite hockey analysts are posting over here......it's going to be fun without all the "trolls" and "bunnies".

Now, if we only had some real-time hockey to analyze.

HEY! I'm a Troll! Dangit! I'm the frickin' Prince of 'em and I got the horns to prove it!

--qm29

Old
10-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Pred303

well we won again in this classic season,4-0-0 now and leading the western conference i believe....man did we kill the wings again tonight,hard to argue that that wasn't amongst the best games the preds ever put together..and the crowd....lord did it bring back good memories...

Old
10-29-2004, 11:59 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
well we won again in this classic season,4-0-0 now and leading the western conference i believe....man did we kill the wings again tonight,hard to argue that that wasn't amongst the best games the preds ever put together..and the crowd....lord did it bring back good memories...
you know I don't think the preds played the best they ever played in game #4 but they were able to capitalize when they had chances and vokoun was a brick wall. I remember watching that game when it happened and just knowing that there was no way the wings were getting a goal in on him.

Closed Thread