Old
02-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
god that looks horrible.... took me a bit to figure out who 'bods' was
That group just cracks me up - Bodnarchuk and Marchand have been pals since they were kids, Seguin is Marchand's BFF, and Campbell is Seguin's road roomie and apparently volunteered to babysit the kids.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Campbell is Seguin's road roomie and apparently volunteered to babysit the kids.
lol

Trying to picture 4 tough hockey players at a chick flick. Gonna be full of girls, wonder if they are trying to pick some up for the evening.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
lol

Trying to picture 4 tough hockey players at a chick flick. Gonna be full of girls, wonder if they are trying to pick some up for the evening.
I would imagine audible sniffling at a chick flick earns you some points.

Unfortunately February is a pretty down time for movie releases. It's tough to find a decent movie this time of year.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:17 PM
canadiansbronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
And yet, the league didn't even think it was worthy of a review. So given the fact that Shanny has no problem suspending Marchand for "dirty hits" and he didn't even decide to consider suspending him for this one, one would assume that it wasn't that bad of a hit.
Maybe hit wasn't suspendable but it certainly a clean hip check....Shanahan did say :``we didn't like it``

canadiansbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
HAHAHA that's great looks like he tried to get perfect score from the judges
Certainly an embellishment/dive by Thornton. Perhaps that's why the refs ignored the boarding penalty they didn't call.

Very sad Habs and Bruins won't play again this year. Better rivalry than Sox/Yanks IMHO.

08SeaBass08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:35 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
Maybe hit wasn't suspendable but it certainly a clean hip check....Shanahan did say :``we didn't like it``
If it was in fact dirty - then it pulls the B's with 150 of the Habs in all time dirty plays between the two teams.

sarge88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:35 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Certainly an embellishment/dive by Thornton. Perhaps that's why the refs ignored the boarding penalty they didn't call.

Very sad Habs and Bruins won't play again this year. Better rivalry than Sox/Yanks IMHO.
As the saying goes;

"When in Montreal"

sarge88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 07:47 AM
jerrywally23*

I strongly Believe Bettman's dream is of a NHL where its more like the All star game NO Hitting, NO Fights, just skills

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:56 PM
ORRMAN

Again today, it looked like a junior high school dance - very little contact.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
Again today, it looked like a junior high school dance - very little contact.
HA HA, that would be really funny if it weren't so true.
They just look like the walking (skating) wounded. One too many battles, two too many injuries... and those are the injuries that we know about.

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Trap Jesus

I don't really get where the lack of physicality has gone. It's the most upsetting thing with this team at the moment. Playing the Blues should bring the mojo back though. They play like a mirror image of the "good" Bruins. They should be forced to play their game and get that nasty back.

Trap Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:08 AM
masterquan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I don't really get where the lack of physicality has gone. It's the most upsetting thing with this team at the moment. Playing the Blues should bring the mojo back though. They play like a mirror image of the "good" Bruins. They should be forced to play their game and get that nasty back.
again like others have said,i really do believe the suspensions and looch getting a penalty anytime he touches someone has gotten to them.Get used to it,this is what the nhl is obvioulsy striving for with all the friggen rules......sponge puck no hitting league......

masterquan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:16 AM
missingchicklet

I think Claude has told them to lay off some when it comes to hitting. Maybe I need to take my tinfoil hat off, but it seems like there is a different standard for the Bruins when it comes to calls on hits. I watch a lot of non-Bruins games and I don't see nearly as many penalty calls on clean hits in those games. In fact some teams get away with many more questionable hits than the Bruins with no penalties called on them. The NHL has neutered the Bruins to some extent. I would have no problem if the Bruins were being called for dirty play, but those of us who have been watching all the games since the Van game can clearly see how things changed from that game on, and maybe even since the Looch hit on Miller.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Republic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
I think Claude has told them to lay off some when it comes to hitting. Maybe I need to take my tinfoil hat off, but it seems like there is a different standard for the Bruins when it comes to calls on hits. I watch a lot of non-Bruins games and I don't see nearly as many penalty calls on clean hits in those games. In fact some teams get away with many more questionable hits than the Bruins with no penalties called on them. The NHL has neutered the Bruins to some extent. I would have no problem if the Bruins were being called for dirty play, but those of us who have been watching all the games since the Van game can clearly see how things changed from that game on, and maybe even since the Looch hit on Miller.
I don't think it's Claude so much, but I too think the league has started to apply a different standard to the Bruins. Out of fear of sounding like I'm some conspiracy theorist -- it pains me to actually start believing this... but after some of the crap I've seen that 5-10 games, I'm starting to lose my mind and faith in the NHL. My dad (who also seems to be the most objective hockey fan I know) has even said this is the most frustrated and clueless he's been in 30+ years of watching hockey.

I think it's a combination of people whining to Shanahan along with the Bruins winning. Sestito on Horton? To my knowledge, it wasn't even acknowledged by the league. Gill's knee-on-knee to Peverley? Same deal. Now I'm not suggesting there should be supplemental discipline, but when Shanahan goes so far as to tweet about Marchand's "clip" the other day, I have to wonder what's going on.

I just hope they start playing more physical and lose whatever complex they've developed after all the suspensions. I know their money is on the line when they get suspended and everything, but I can't stand to watch this garbage go on much longer.

Republic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:10 AM
hubofhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
I don't think it's Claude so much, but I too think the league has started to apply a different standard to the Bruins. Out of fear of sounding like I'm some conspiracy theorist -- it pains me to actually start believing this... but after some of the crap I've seen that 5-10 games, I'm starting to lose my mind and faith in the NHL. My dad (who also seems to be the most objective hockey fan I know) has even said this is the most frustrated and clueless he's been in 30+ years of watching hockey.

I think it's a combination of people whining to Shanahan along with the Bruins winning. Sestito on Horton? To my knowledge, it wasn't even acknowledged by the league. Gill's knee-on-knee to Peverley? Same deal. Now I'm not suggesting there should be supplemental discipline, but when Shanahan goes so far as to tweet about Marchand's "clip" the other day, I have to wonder what's going on.

I just hope they start playing more physical and lose whatever complex they've developed after all the suspensions. I know their money is on the line when they get suspended and everything, but I can't stand to watch this garbage go on much longer.

Shanahan addressed Sestito hit. Said contact was made 0.6 seconds after Horton released puck. Also said hit was not to Horton's head, but to shoulder.

-- hub

hubofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
Because if you play every regular season game all out, by the time playoffs roll around, the team is all banged up and tired.

It's common sense.....
Am I the only one who agrees with this? 82GP plus playoffs, then short summer. If the bruins try to be in your face all year, they'll have nothing left in tank during playoffs.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:39 AM
ghostface89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Am I the only one who agrees with this? 82GP plus playoffs, then short summer. If the bruins try to be in your face all year, they'll have nothing left in tank during playoffs.
Agreed. People never realize this. Very short-sighted.

ghostface89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubofhockey View Post
Shanahan addressed Sestito hit. Said contact was made 0.6 seconds after Horton released puck. Also said hit was not to Horton's head, but to shoulder.

-- hub
This thread: Why have the Bruins have stopped hitting?

That should be relatively easy to discover. If the sports media would just dig for the answer. On the record. Off the record. No matter. Just go out there, in old-fashioned newsroom style, and get to the truth.

It shouldn't really be that hard for seasoned hockey journalists. (Oops, are there any uncompromised sports journalists left around? 100% independent, self-respecting professionals? I don't mean the yak-yak talk-show gossip artists who sit around in front of microphones and pontificate. Or the hired-because-they-are-attractive cable tv desk jockies. But real, lockerroom journalists? Have all self-respecting hacks been displaced by careerists who will stoop to anything to keep their access to the players?)

Many of us (well, me) think absolutely there is a conspiracy. The NHL sees its future in national television. Like they did with the NFL, TV moguls want to dictate everything in hockey: rules, timing, schedule, etc. A zillion times more money sits on couches in America than in the ice arena seats.

What are a few fundamentals of this "network" hockey future?

-- individual stars must be manufactured, i.e., fabrication of personalities capable of being super-hyped and magically transformed to millions of more spectator eyes on the TV screen.

-- no heavy hitting; soccer moms and dads across America just won't abide by that. Laugh all you want, but Ralph Nader recently called for an end to fighting in hockey. He said it is "barbaric." Holy cow! Hockey is now the Corvair of sports? The handwriting is on the wall. The NHL is transforming itself into "family entertainment".

-- Smooth, clean-cut, well-dressed, white-toothed Eurosexuals are in (Sedin, Crosby); gritty, blue-collar hockey is out (Marchand, Lucic). The NHL is doing everything it can to make this come true.

The burden of proof is not on me. Hockey media professionals should discover whether or not all this is truth or fiction. Go ask them.

Elliot Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:48 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Williams View Post
This thread: Why have the Bruins have stopped hitting?

That should be relatively easy to discover. If the sports media would just dig for the answer. On the record. Off the record. No matter. Just go out there, in old-fashioned newsroom style, and get to the truth.

It shouldn't really be that hard for seasoned hockey journalists. (Oops, are there any uncompromised sports journalists left around? 100% independent, self-respecting professionals? I don't mean the yak-yak talk-show gossip artists who sit around in front of microphones and pontificate. Or the hired-because-they-are-attractive cable tv desk jockies. But real, lockerroom journalists? Have all self-respecting hacks been displaced by careerists who will stoop to anything to keep their access to the players?)

Many of us (well, me) think absolutely there is a conspiracy. The NHL sees its future in national television. Like they did with the NFL, TV moguls want to dictate everything in hockey: rules, timing, schedule, etc. A zillion times more money sits on couches in America than in the ice arena seats.

What are a few fundamentals of this "network" hockey future?

-- individual stars must be manufactured, i.e., fabrication of personalities capable of being super-and magically transformed to millions of more spectator eyes on the TV screen.

-- no heavy hitting; soccer moms and dads across America just won't abide by that. Laugh all you want, but Ralph Nader recently called for an end to fighting in hockey. He said it is "barbaric." Holy cow! Hockey is now the Corvair of sports? The handwriting is on the wall. The NHL is transforming itself into "family entertainment".

-- Smooth, clean-cut, well-dressed, white-toothed Eurosexuals are in (Sedin, Crosby); gritty, blue-collar hockey is out (Marchand, Lucic). The NHL is doing everything it can to make this come true.

The burden of proof is not on me. Hockey media professionals should discover whether or not all this is truth or fiction. Go ask them.
Well said.

What I wan't to see is literally the game without paying hundreds of dollars for tickets. I don't even watch football anymore because it's so commercialized and TV/$$$ based.

We're all frustrated because the Bruins are slumping. I just hope they figure it out before the playoffs.

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote