HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

#57 | SABRES at FLYERS | THU FEB 16 | 07:00PM ET

Old
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
#57 | SABRES at FLYERS | THU FEB 16 | 07:00PM ET

GDT#57: SABRES (24-26-6) at FLYERS (31-18-7) – THU FEB 16 – 07:00PM ET – MSG-B, CSN-PH (Full Story)

(AP) – A poor stretch has desperation setting in for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Facing a struggling opponent could be just what they need to begin turning things around.

The Flyers attempt to win for just the second time in seven tries by continuing their success against the last-place Buffalo Sabres
at Wells Fargo Center on Thursday night.

Philadelphia (31-18-7) was expected to be an obvious contender in the Eastern Conference, but the team is 10 points back of the
conference-leading New York Rangers as those lofty expectations appear to be going unmet.

"I'm not ready to paint such a negative picture as everybody else is," coach Peter Laviolette said.

The Flyers may be doing that for him, mired in a 1-4-1 stretch that includes Sunday's 4-3 loss at Detroit after falling 5-2 at
home to the Rangers the previous day.
VILLE-DELPHIA STORY (Full Story)

(BUF) – Ville Leino spent the past two seasons hearing the cheers of Philadelphia Flyers fans. Tomorrow night he’ll find out what
it’s like to be the enemy.

The Buffalo Sabres return to Philadelphia on Thursday for the first time since last spring’s loss in Game Seven of the Eastern
Conference Quarterfinals. For Leino, it’ll be his first trip back to the Wells Fargo Center since signing a six-year free agent
contract with the Sabres on July 1.

“The first time is always a unique experience,” said Leino today. “I don’t know what it’s going to be like; I’m just going to
harness the energy. It’s a great environment to play a hockey game, the fans are loud.

“It’s a lot of fun playing in Philly, whether you’re on the road or the home team. It’s going to be a lot of fun. It’s always nice to
play in a loud building; it gets you ready. You don’t really have to push yourself too much.”

Leino only played 94 regular season games with the Flyers, after being acquired from Detroit in February 6, 2010. But he quickly
became a fan favorite in Philadelphia after tying the NHL rookie playoff record with 21 points in 19 games during the 2010
Playoffs, as the Flyers advanced to Game Six of the Stanley Cup Final before losing in overtime to Chicago.

“There’s a lot of people I know, a lot of feelings, a lot of good memories. We were doing pretty good when I was there so
there’s a lot of good memories. I’m sure that it’s going to be a little bit emotional but it’ll be nice to see the people around the
rink again.”

BUFFALO SABRES

Lineup News & Notes (News)

Matt Ellis was a healthy scratch in Buffalo's last game, a 4-1 loss to New Jersey on Tuesday. Jochen Hecht (concussion) and Cody
McCormick (upper body) were both sidelined with injuries. McCormick remains day-to-day with his injury, while Hecht reports
improvement
. Buffalo has confirmed that Jhonas Enroth will start in net and that Marc-Andre Gragnani will be a healthy scratch.

Weekly Transactions

Colin Stuart was loaned to AHL/Rochester on Friday. On Saturday, Luke Adam and TJ Brennan were reassigned to the Amerks,
while Zack Kassian was recalled to Buffalo.

According to the Stats

Buffalo are: 20-3-2 (.840) when allowing two or less goals; 19-4-2 (.800) when scoring three or more; 15-3-3 (.786) when
Derek Roy records at least one point; and 12-7-3 (.614) with Tyler Ennis in the lineup.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Lineup News & Notes (News)

Andreas Lilja and Jody Shelley were scratches in Philadelphia's last game, a 4-3 loss at Detroit on Sunday. Blair Betts (knee),
Ian Laperriere (concussion), Chris Pronger (concussion), James van Riemsdyk (concussion), and Jakub Voracek (upper body)
were all sidelined with injuries. Voracek is day-to-day, as are Andrej Meszaros (upper body) and Jaromir Jagr (illness), while
van Riemsdyk, who practiced Wednesday, remains out indefinitely. Zac Rinaldo will miss tonight's game after picking up a
two-game suspension for his hit on Detroit's Jonathan Ericsson. Peter Laviolette said Tuesday that he expects Ilya Bryzgalov to
be "ready to go" for the next game. Philadelphia has since confirmed that Bryzgalov will start in goal and that their gameday
decisions
will include Voracek (in), Eric Wellwood in (with Jagr likely out), and Lilja in (if Meszaros can't go).

Weekly Transactions

Jason Bacashihua was loaned to AHL/Adirondack Sunday, allowing for Eric Wellwood to be recalled to Philadelphia. Wellwood
was loaned back to AHL/Adirondack on Monday, but was again recalled earlier today.

According to the Stats

The Flyers have scored 181 goals, which leads the league –three more than Boston and the New York Rangers. They are just
behind the Bruins in goals scored per game, at a 3.23 average.

Half of the Flyers’ regulation losses this season have come in afternoon games. The Flyers are 4-9-1 this season in games that
start before 7pm, making them 27-9-6 in evening contests. They have allowed at least five goals in six of those 13 afternoon
games.

BUFFALO SABRES

1. Thoughts on Leino thus far? <15250 views>

2. The Official Trade Proposal Thread Part III (ALL TRADE PROPOSALS HERE) <3000 views>

3. Sabres' Adam learning how to deal with failure <2000 views>

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (GDT)

1. Could the Flyers be interested in Nash? <9250 views>

2. Trade Deadline Approaching: Defender? <7750 views>

3. What if the New CBA allows an Amnesty? <1750 views>

A/V CLUB

02/15: Lindy Ruff speaks with the media following practice in Buffalo. <4:18>

02/15: Ville Leino talks about preparing for his return to Philadelphia. <3:39>

02/15: Peter Laviolette speaks with the media following practice in Philadelphia. <2:03>

02/15: Lisa Hillary previews the Flyers for CSN-Philly. <2:40>

02/16: Lindy Ruff talks to the media before the game in Philadelphia. <5:18>

02/16: Jhonas Enroth talks to the media before his start in Philadelphia. <1:50>

02/16: Ville Leino talk to the media prior to the game in Philadelphia. <3:20>

02/16: Tim Saunders previews tonight's game for Flyers TV. <4:47>

GAMEDAY CHAT

IRC Server: irc.esper.net ... Channel: #sabres ... If you have questions: FYI - Sabres Chat

GAMEDAY STREAMS

GameCenter Live (subscription required); FirstRowSports and Wiziwig (use discretion)

Last edited by Woodhouse: 02-16-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 500
We're gonna win.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Evgeni Giroux

The Sabres now have the 4th overall Pick in the draft ATM, I never choose for the Sabres to lose but lets just say i'am hoping we move up even more and gaurantee our selves a chance at a franchise player in Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Dumba, Murray, or Forsberg

EDIT: Waiting for the person to say we. dont. need. defence. or wingers...Which is wrong we need really good hockey players

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

5-1 Flyers

And scoring 2 or less goal streak will continue!Unbelievable how bad our offense is after having 6 seasons of being in the top 10 for GF.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

These next few games will determine whether the sabres are buyers or sellers, we definitely want them to lose. Grigs is in our site at this moment!!! Draft Grigs sign parise= 2013 Stanley!

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
BUF Season vs Opponent
Jhonas Enroth: 1 GP -- 53' -- 0-0-0 -- 0.00 GAA -- 1.000 SV%
Ryan Miller: 2 GP -- 68' -- 0-1-1 -- 7.06 GAA -- 0.822 SV%

PHI Season vs Opponent
Ilya Bryzgalov: 2 GP -- 123' -- 2-0-0 -- 2.93 GAA -- 0.891 SV%

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020852
I'm thinkin' Enroth will get the start tonight, with Miller back in net versus Montreal on Friday.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:34 PM
DJN21

call me crazy with the split of vanek and poms but I kinda like these liens tonight though id swap 3rd and 4th minutes wise...interesting

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:41 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Welp, if you can't win:

(It's wu-tang, you know what you're getting into)

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Kudos for the effort on the GDT, very nicely done.

We still lose though, 5-2.
Jagr goal, Giroux 2 goals.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 02:29 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Officially on the high draft pick bandwagon.. sigh*

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:08 AM
CougarsSugar*

The time is now to start Enroth .

Deals can be made at the deadline to far better this team at the expense of Miller if we could only find out for sure what we have in Enroth.

We havent won anything with Ryan , we can certainly do that without him .

I say time to sever the ties with Ryan .

Oh score ... I would say 3-2 Sabres

CougarsSugar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:30 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarsSugar View Post

Deals can be made at the deadline to far better this team at the expense of Miller if we could only find out for sure what we have in Enroth.

By that logic Hasek was a failure and a waste. Guess we should sell off vanek and myers to the highest bidder too since we never won anything with them. Good thing we got rid of drury and Briere....didn't get a cup with them either. In fact we should start from scratch every year that we don't win a cup....its better that way....

Eh I think enroth starts but gets lit up 5-1 Philly.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:25 AM
CougarsSugar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
By that logic Hasek was a failure and a waste. Guess we should sell off vanek and myers to the highest bidder too since we never won anything with them. Good thing we got rid of drury and Briere....didn't get a cup with them either. In fact we should start from scratch every year that we don't win a cup....its better that way....

Eh I think enroth starts but gets lit up 5-1 Philly.
Hasek never won a cup here so he was a failure here !

Old
02-16-2012, 07:36 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

This will end when Gragnani makes a no-look pass over the middle in OT. Giroux steals the puck and goes in on a break away and scores.

IT COULD HAPPEN!

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProngersEyeball View Post
This will end when Gragnani makes a no-look pass over the middle in OT. Giroux steals the puck and goes in on a break away and scores.

IT COULD HAPPEN!
Ugh. I had almost wiped that from my memory.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Havok89

Quote:

IT COULD HAPPEN!
This sounds familiar.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:02 AM
CougarsSugar*

Quote:

IT COULD HAPPEN!
Everyone has a whooping boy so I understand this post .

Myers has been worse than Gragnani but nobody dares pick on Mr the next Chara . Sorry I think Tyler is nothing more than a middle of the road dman and has shown that I am right more than the people picking him to be the next Chara.

Sure Gragnani has had his share of screw ups but Myers has had a ton more so be fair is all I am saying and look no further than his plus/minus which bares that out .

Old
02-16-2012, 09:05 AM
CougarsSugar*

Not to mention Myers is the single most overrated player on this team by far !

Tired of hearing about his "potiential" and his "ceiling".

He shows "middle of the road average dman" more then he shows "the great Chara" .

Get real people , Tyler is nothing special , nothing at all !

Old
02-16-2012, 09:07 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:

He shows "middle of the road average dman" more then he shows "the great Chara" .

This ends well.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:

Lets trade him.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Miller sucks!

Myers sucks!

Gragnani is just everyone's whipping boy though.

Well, that was my entertainment for today.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
The Sabres now have the 4th overall Pick in the draft ATM, I never choose for the Sabres to lose but lets just say i'am hoping we move up even more and gaurantee our selves a chance at a franchise player in Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Dumba, Murray, or Forsberg

EDIT: Waiting for the person to say we. dont. need. defence. or wingers...Which is wrong we need really good hockey players
I say trade if you can't get Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Yakupov. Yes, they need really good players but I'd prefer to trade down and grab Gaunce or Girgensons and pick up another pick in the process.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:12 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Yeah Grags>Myers no question

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
FoSotC

I definitely wouldn't say Myers sucks, but I do think he's kind of overrated by Sabres fans. Too early to say for sure, but I don't think he's the "future multiple Norris winner" some (many?) are anticipating. Would be great, though.

Nice GDTs btw.

FoSotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
I have an odd feeling that they win both in this back-to-back...only to get pounded by Pittsburgh on Sunday. Enroth starts and they win 4-3 in OT.

Vanek
Stafford
Gerbe
Ennis

Giroux
Schenn
Jagr

Plus, they usually win when I can't see any of the game, and I'll be flying to Phoenix to see my parents during this one. On a related note, I'm going to Stars/Yotes this weekend, which means I get to see Hanzal (:swoon: ). I wonder if PHX would move him and someone for Roy?

BUFFALO GO!!

Quote:

Oh boy. What have we won with Vanek? Guess we should trade him, too. I mean, if we can lose with Vanek as the 1st line LW, we almost certainly can lose with Gerbe playing there, too!

Quote:
Hasek never won a cup here so he was a failure here !
So every player in the history of the Sabres has been a failure in Buffalo. Perreault is going to be so sad to hear this news.

Just a friendly suggestion: temper your tone a bit. You, like everyone else in here, probably love the Sabres. But the guns blazing approach isn't going to get you too far.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote