HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Brad Richards sucks thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
SAvery16*

vCash: 500
The Brad Richards sucks thread

So sick of him getting praised for this team success. 9 years at a 6.67 mil cap hit, and the first year he is on pace to finish below 60 pts?

The guy has not impressed me at all this season, and was AWFUL tonight vs. the Blackhawks.

This looks like Chris Drury part two...

See if Columbus is dumb enough to trade Jeff Carter for him after the season.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Sooooo can someone close this needless and short sighted thread? Thanks.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

lol.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:09 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

in before the lock.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:10 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
lol.
The Rangers finally lose and of course we get the typical crazed fan who has to complain about something. Team is in 1st place in the East and its still not enough. I was just as mad as the next fan with tonight's effort but I'm not going to take it out on Brad Richards.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

If only they had Sean Avery tonight.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

If you're gonna make a thread about how he sucks, at least dissect his game and break down the reasons why he sucks. And saying he's the next Chris Drury doesn't count.

02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
SAvery16*

How can there be zero animosity towards Richards? Were you not expecting more?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:18 PM
SAvery16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
If you're gonna make a thread about how he sucks, at least dissect his game and break down the reasons why he sucks. And saying he's the next Chris Drury doesn't count.
Everytime he is on the point on the pp his shot never makes it through to the net. i wish the rangers had a power shot from the point, i cant remember the last time they had such a force. one of the big reason this pp is horrible no big point shots with rebound potential.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Because we weren't expecting him to put up 80-90 points this year? That's how I have no animosity towards BR. If you had watched him in the past or just had realistic expectations you wouldnt be upset either. They needed another playmaker. They got him without giving up assets. Did he cost a lot? Yeah sure, but that comes with the territory of free agency. He still has a very good chance of putting up 60+ points while helping propel this team into the playoffs in #1 seed. He has 7 GWG, 12 PPA along 3 PPG. Our PP hasnt been good but when it has scored he has been a big part of it. Not to mention how much it has been harped on by the coach, players like Rupp, Dubi, Cally, and Del Zotto, that he has been a great veteran and mentor to have in the lockerroom.

So quit your crying.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:21 PM
nyrfan519

Can this thread be deleted?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:23 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Everytime he is on the point on the pp his shot never makes it through to the net. i wish the rangers had a power shot from the point, i cant remember the last time they had such a force. one of the big reason this pp is horrible no big point shots with rebound potential.
Richards wasn't brought in here to be a bomber from the point, he was brought into QB the power play. A guy like McCabe actually would have helped this year where we actually had someone to QB the power play.

Richie's gone through a prolonged slump but the guy has had 7 GWG's this year and the PP finally has shown good signs in the past couple of games. Tonight was an awful game from everyone. Seems odd to make a thread like this at this time. While he hasn't been great, he hasn't been awful either. I'm willing to give him more than 50 something games, especially when the team is in first place, before declaring him a bust.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:24 PM
SAvery16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Because we weren't expecting him to put up 80-90 points this year? That's how I have no animosity towards BR. If you had watched him in the past or just had realistic expectations you wouldnt be upset either. They needed another playmaker. They got him without giving up assets. Did he cost a lot? Yeah sure, but that comes with the territory of free agency. He still has a very good chance of putting up 60+ points while helping propel this team into the playoffs in #1 seed. He has 7 GWG, 12 PPA along 3 PPG. Our PP hasnt been good but when it has scored he has been a big part of it. Not to mention how much it has been harped on by the coach, players like Rupp, Dubi, Cally, and Del Zotto, that he has been a great veteran and mentor to have in the lockerroom.

So quit your crying.
He is about 20 percent of what I thought he was supposed to be, hes in 30's off a concusion and is on pace for 58 points for the season, its unacceptable for the money he makes,

they say they needed a center, so he plays center and doesn't do a good job, not very good at faceoffs,

they say hes so good on the power play, something im missing because all he does is pass pass pass pass turnover, or shot that is blocked,

he is terrible on the shootout, has anybody see his shootout against buffalo? thats what it is, non threat.

i dont understand why people wanted him so bad, honestly prospal is the same thing but less price we let him go and get this guy? im honestly suprised he hasn't had a concussion yet .

now a lot of you are gonna say its his line, or w.e suppose to be playing with gabby, etc but any great player will be able to play with any 2 average players, compare him to a malkin or a datsuk (spelled wrong i know) you can put them with any 2 people and they will be effective, he doesn't create his own offense, he doesn't set up people really well, hes just a average player and you guys need to realize it..

Old
02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

You lost any hope of making an argument when you compared him to Drury.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:32 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
He is about 20 percent of what I thought he was supposed to be, hes in 30's off a concusion and is on pace for 58 points for the season, its unacceptable for the money he makes,

they say they needed a center, so he plays center and doesn't do a good job, not very good at faceoffs,

they say hes so good on the power play, something im missing because all he does is pass pass pass pass turnover, or shot that is blocked,

he is terrible on the shootout, has anybody see his shootout against buffalo? thats what it is, non threat.

i dont understand why people wanted him so bad, honestly prospal is the same thing but less price we let him go and get this guy? im honestly suprised he hasn't had a concussion yet .

now a lot of you are gonna say its his line, or w.e suppose to be playing with gabby, etc but any great player will be able to play with any 2 average players, compare him to a malkin or a datsuk (spelled wrong i know) you can put them with any 2 people and they will be effective, he doesn't create his own offense, he doesn't set up people really well, hes just a average player and you guys need to realize it..
What in the hell are you smoking? You have no clue what you are talking about. I wasn't even a big fan of bringing Brad Richards in here but at least I know what type of player he is. Geez you're talking about him passing too much on the PP. I might not have seen a more moronic statement over the past year. Where in the hell are you getting this idea he is or was a shooter some place else? He is a playmaker. He is a passer. He doesnt have a phenomenal shot but he is very good at drawing opposing players to him and making nice passes to his teammates. Making room for Gaborik on the ice. Maybe you didnt watch the past two games against boston and philly where he started the play at the point switching with gaborik, drawing players to him, then dropping it off to gaborik who would then pass it down to del zotto who then passed it to callahan for the tap in.

You need to pay a little more attention.

Old
Callagraves
Block shots

My face when I see this thread

Old
SAvery16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
You lost any hope of making an argument when you compared him to Drury.
Really? Drury's stats his first year in NY are IDENTICAL to BR's projections.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Drury at his best is Brad Richards at his worst.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I'm not anywhere near happy with Richard's season, but the fact that you insinuate that tissue paper Jeff Carter is any better is just laughable. Jeff Carter is far more concerned with downing whiskey with Mike Richards than he is with hockey. He's so lazy and he's cancer in the locker room. At least even on his worst day Richie is a teammate.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Two different players. Drury's body was breaking down, especially his knees. I know Richards sustained a conussion last year but he is showing no signs of PCS. He looks fine out there. Contrary to what your claims are, he has made players around him better. He has played a majority of the season on a line with callahan. And though he hasnt factored in on all of callahan's goals I'm sure he has been a huge relief for Cally getting to play with him. Not to mention Del Zotto continues to give a lot of credit to Richards for his success this year.

He already has 7 GWG this season. Drury had 7 GWG in total during his first year here. Drury never put up 70 points in a season. Richards has done it 6 times.

That's why the other poster said your argument isn't valid when you compared him to drury.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
I'm glad you're watching the games...but no one's hitting the net from below the blue line...find another excuse and someone please close this thread..

Old
02-16-2012, 11:42 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

The whole concussion thing is blown out of proportion. He was out for less than 10 games because of it, not half a season like Marc Staal. Gaborik suffered a concussion last year and no one seems to bring that up.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
My face when I see this thread

LOL. This x1000

God, you sound so miserable.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

The Rangers are 1st in the East.....I am expecting Richards to comes alive in the post season since he has already won a Cup and a Con-Smythe trophy.If he struggles in the playoffs,then I will be disappointed with him.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

These are the kind of garbage, reactionary threads we can expect until they institute some kind of minimum amount of posts/time before being able to author a thread. The dude joined some time in the last 17 days, did anyone really expect a quality thread from him?

Closed Thread