Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
SANTINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I love Santino and his Canadianness.

He also provided me with one of the best gifs of all time.

Old
02-18-2012, 08:31 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
and what exactly does Santino knowing Judo have to do with his ability to work a match? Nothing, that's what.

Santino is fine and I like him as much as the next guy, but I would rather he not be in actual world title matches on PPV. Santino is over. He's not over like the people are actually rooting for him over and truly root for him to succeed over, he's over like Scotty 2 Hotty over. He's over like how Eugene and Doink were over. He'll get a pop and people enjoy him, but he can keep his shtick to the side when it's time for the actual main event matches to happen (but this really isn't a main event match as much as it is a glorified dark match taking place in a cage, so I digress). I guess I can kind of let it slide because in this particular Chamber it is really a who's who of WWE midcard guys. Big Show - Upper Mid, Bryan - Midcard, Rhodes - Midcard, Barrett - Midcard, Khali - Lower midcard, Santino - Glorified jobber. That is like dark match quality.

Last edited by El Dandy*: 02-18-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old
02-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Sens16

Another title match announced from Smackdown for Wrestlemania. Big Show vs Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental title.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:27 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I hope that match stays on the card. It could actually bring some legitimacy to the IC belt.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

So who is Shaq gonna wrestle then

(I bet they just have like Drew McIntyre job to Shaq or something)

Old
02-29-2012, 11:35 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
have shaq in big shows corner

Old
02-29-2012, 12:19 PM
chuckdobbins

If Shaq is making an appearance, hopefully he's not throwing any punches and is reduced to shoulder charges. The WWE has a history of non-wrestlers hitting guys with stiff punches. You would think they'd practice it so nobody breaks a jaw or wrist, but it doesn't seem that way.

Old
02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
So who is Shaq gonna wrestle then

(I bet they just have like Drew McIntyre job to Shaq or something)
The Great Khali!!

Old
02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
With Kane attacking Orton lats night I am a little disapointed that it seems that will be a WM match. I was hoping that they would add Orton to the HW match and give that another dimension. As much as I love Bryan and like Sheamus I just don't think they will be able to put on a good match by themselves. I mean they were supposed to have a match last year but it got bumped off the card so how much can 1 year really make? and as much as I dislike Ortons charactor adding him would help.

Old
02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
With Kane attacking Orton lats night I am a little disapointed that it seems that will be a WM match. I was hoping that they would add Orton to the HW match and give that another dimension. As much as I love Bryan and like Sheamus I just don't think they will be able to put on a good match by themselves. I mean they were supposed to have a match last year but it got bumped off the card so how much can 1 year really make? and as much as I dislike Ortons charactor adding him would help.
Kane also chokeslammed half the guys in the triple threat tag match on Raw, so I wouldn't say he's definitely going to feud with Orton just yet.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Texas Cloverleaf

Quote:
The problem with just adding Orton to the match at Mania is that it cheapens Sheamus' Rumble win. Two guys get a shot at the same belt in the same match. One guy's in because he defeated 29 other guys in one of the most highly-anticipated matches of the year. The other's in because... he showed up and said he wanted in? They did a similar thing in 2004 with Benoit-HHH-Michaels and I really disliked it.

Old
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure it was bumped because they both totally suck at being interesting.

Stop buying into the WWE way of thinking that Randall K Horton and Cena types need to be involved to make a match between two perceived "non-sports entertainers" work. Those guys are going to have a great match. Thank god Boreton won't be involved, because that's always Vince's thinking that you have to get a big name and one of his favorites in the middle of it, and you know it would end with both getting RKO'd and that dbag with the belt AGAIN. Maybe the fact HHH likes Sheamus actually helped him out on this one.

Old
03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Yeah, I'm sure it was bumped because they both totally suck at being interesting.

Stop buying into the WWE way of thinking that Randall K Horton and Cena types need to be involved to make a match between two perceived "non-sports entertainers" work. Those guys are going to have a great match. Thank god Boreton won't be involved, because that's always Vince's thinking that you have to get a big name and one of his favorites in the middle of it, and you know it would end with both getting RKO'd and that dbag with the belt AGAIN. Maybe the fact HHH likes Sheamus actually helped him out on this one.
I agree with everything you said. Looking back at my post I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote it. My best guess is that I was thinking if you add Orton they might build up the match a bit more on TV. Right now with the Rock and Cena and Jericho Punk this match is getting less build right now then even Big show and Cody. When the WWE is more focused on the IC title the the HW there is a problem. I think there is a chance Bryan and Sheamus could have a show stealing match that will be far better than what Cena and Rock will offer and will most likely be just slightly less than what Punk and Jerricho will offer. Also part of my reasoning for including Orton is my hope they keep the title on Bryan a bit longer and a win over Orton would give him some credibility that has been destroyed with his coward heel gimmick with show and henry.

as for the bolded part a fully agree with that and I think part of the reason Bryan has held the title this long is partly due to the fact Bryan is a product of the Shawn Michaels school.

Old
03-01-2012, 08:50 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Meh, I really don't think they have to build the WHC match that much. I mean with Punk and Jericho they made it personal, same with Rock/Cena and Trips/Taker. But Sheamus is the Royal Rumble winner, he has the right to face the Champion at WM. And being a face he can't just run around attacking Bryan like ADR did last year with Edge.

Obviously SOMETHING is going to happen in terms of a build but this is the one WM match they can afford to put on the backburner and take it slowly.

Last edited by AfroThunder396: 03-01-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old
03-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Christian joined Team Laurinaitus when Laurinaitus promised Christian a World title shot if Team Laurinaitus won at WrestleMania.

Let's go team Excitement!

Old
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Khali and Ryder are on Team Teddy.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Sens16

Wow, Team Excitement seems stacked outside of Otunga, Swagger while Team Teddy is filled with jobbers.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Albert was backstage at the taping tonight apparently.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:07 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Team Excitement is stacked.

Old
03-21-2012, 05:05 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Is the Miz really not going to have a match at Wrestlemania?

I see Mysterio and del Rio being the final two entrants into the 12-man tag.

Maybe they're going to have Brodus Clay squash Miz at Wrestlemania? I honestly can't figure out what else they'd do with him at this point.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Is the Miz really not going to have a match at Wrestlemania?

I see Mysterio and del Rio being the final two entrants into the 12-man tag.

Maybe they're going to have Brodus Clay squash Miz at Wrestlemania? I honestly can't figure out what else they'd do with him at this point.
Screw Team Teddy maybe. Maybe Clay is the final man added to team Teddy (if Mysterio isn't added) and The Miz feels Clay stole his last chance at a spot on the WrestleMania card. Either Clay or Mysterio, Mysterio for the same reason.

But yeah, Team Johnny >>> Team Teddy in terms of star power. Apparently Del Rio is still injured so he won't be apart of WrestleMania from what I read.

Old
03-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Rumor has it the plan is for Miz to interfere in the Rock/Cena match.

I like Miz but the match don't need that and it'd just be plain stupid to do that.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:01 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Rumor has it the plan is for Miz to interfere in the Rock/Cena match.

I like Miz but the match don't need that and it'd just be plain stupid to do that.
I think that was one of everyone's fears a few months back when it was first rumored here. A main event this grand really shouldn't have any shenanigans in my opinion. It kinda makes a tiny shred of sense in this case though, since I doubt they want to put Cena over clean.

I was first hoping that it could help establish Cena as a heel if Miz runs out and helps him win...but let's be serious now, Cena isn't turning heel

Old
03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

The only way Miz's interference makes sense is if the Rock is planning on wrestling Cena again at Summerslam and next Wrestlemania as rumored.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:49 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
The only way Miz's interference makes sense is if the Rock is planning on wrestling Cena again at Summerslam and next Wrestlemania as rumored.
I could get down with that.

I guess that way you could hold off until next Mania to put Cena over clean.

Closed Thread